Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
LIPTOSA
Content sponsored by:
LIPTOSA

Replacing 100 % chemical choline chloride - Raw material summary

Published: February 22, 2022
Summary
Liptosa newsletter. Monthly Report RAW MATERIALS SUMMARY We have started the year 2022 with the same instability and volatility of raw materials suffered during 2021. In this volume of our newsletter, we would like to tackle/mention interesting alternatives to raw materials, which allow an affordable supply and provide added advantages. Let's talk about choline. The most comm...
Related topics
Authors:
David Revilla
LIPTOSA
Influencers who recommended :
Carlos López Tomé, David Revilla
Recommend
Comment
Mike Stahl
22 de febrero de 2022
this product is very interesting were can i buy this product from in Canada am very interested in trying it in my 32000 bird organic layer operation thanks mike
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
22 de febrero de 2022
Dear Mike Stahl, We are happy to know about your interest in Naturcolin, unfortunatelly it is not available in Canada so far. Best regards, Ewa Sujka
Recommend
Ahmad Fayez Tayeh Hamdan
Del Monte Foods
23 de febrero de 2022
Dear Ewa Sujka What is the choline content in your product?
Recommend
Mike Stahl
23 de febrero de 2022
Ewa Sujka please let me know when it might be available have you started the registering process with CFIA
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
22 de junio de 2022

Dear Ahmad Fayez Tayeh Hamdan,
It is not only about choline content but also about its bioavailibility to the animal. 250-300g of our product may replace 1kg of choline chloride 60%.

Recommend
tartarini cesare
23 de febrero de 2022

Hi, it's possible to have this product in Italy? Thank you in advance.

Recommend
David Revilla
LIPTOSA
24 de febrero de 2022
Dear Mr. Cesare Tartarini, I will send you the by private message the contact details for Italy, so you can get the product. best regards.
Recommend
Syed Farjad Zaidi
6 de abril de 2022
Sure would like to know more for choline substitution,any effective way out will help to reduce cost of production with out compromising efficiency.
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
7 de abril de 2022
Syed Farjad Zaidi Dear Syed, Please be so kind and indicate whre are you based, so we may indicate how to fined the nearest distribution point. All the best
Recommend
Syed Farjad Zaidi
8 de abril de 2022
Dear Ewa Sujka,Good day I am based in Multan a city right in the center of Pakistan. Regards Farjad
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
13 de abril de 2022
Dear Syed Farjad Zaidi, Our distributor from Pakistan will contact you soon. Best regards,
Recommend
Dr Piotr Stanislawski
dsm-firmenich
13 de abril de 2022
What is the equivalent of your product vs 100 g choline ( or choline chlorid) and price indication for 1 kg of your product? Other way we can not compare it
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
13 de abril de 2022
Dear Dr. Piotr Stanislawski 250-300g of our product may replace 1kg of choline chloride 60%. What concerns the cost of the product - the cost of product per metric ton of feed will not be higher than of cholin chloride.
Recommend
Dr Piotr Stanislawski
dsm-firmenich
14 de abril de 2022

Ewa Sujka It means that 600 g CC we can replace with 300 g your product; the concentration is double. How to describe it in LCF program? As choline or choline chlorid? The equivalent content in 1 kg product (1200 g CC in 1 kg product?).

Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
20 de abril de 2022
Good day Dr. Piotr Stanislawski 1 kg of choline chloride with concetration 60% can be replaced by 200-300 grams of Naturcolin.
Recommend
Megan Edwards
Integral Nutrition
16 de junio de 2022
Dr. Piotr Stanislawski This is a good question. I had the same issue as I formulate to a choline value. In the formulation software you must assign a choline or choline equivalent value. CC60% is 52% Choline. If we assume Herbal choline to be 2 x potency it means it is 104% Choline. It does look silly (but so does adding a total calcium value on a phytase matrix). Perhaps in the future we will have digestible choline figures? There is some evidence to support this bio-equivalency in poultry, but there is still a lack of evidence for pigs. I hope Liptosa will publish more evidence on Bio-equivalency soon.
Recommend
Dr. Fiodor S. Marchenkov
Kronos -Agro private company
7 de septiembre de 2022
Megan Edwards Dear Mrs.Megan, thanks for your opinion. I'm biochemist by my education, Ph.D. My first question to choline replacers was about choline content in herbal product. It is practically zero. It is not clear for me, what is the name of active substance containing at herbal cholin replacer? Short answer - one word.
Recommend
Mr. Pravin Jaiswal
ABTL Advanced Bio-Agro Tech Ltd
20 de abril de 2022
If I am not wrong you want to say that your product is 3X of CC 60%.
Recommend
Viorel Marculescu
Barentz
20 de abril de 2022
This product would be interesting in Russia...if you can export there.
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
21 de abril de 2022
Hi Viorel Marculescu, Thank you for the suggestion, well noted :-)
Recommend
Nelson Ruíz
Nelson Ruíz Nutrition LLC
22 de abril de 2022
Dear Ewa Sujka, may I know what is the chemical structure of Naturcolin? Thank you.
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
22 de junio de 2022
Good day Nelson Ruiz, Phosphatidylcholines (PC) supported by botanical extracts with sparing effect to PC
Recommend
Mete Aydın
YEDI VET TARIMSAL FAA. TIC. VE LTD. STI
2 de mayo de 2022
Do you have a distributor in Turkey?
Recommend
David Revilla
LIPTOSA
3 de mayo de 2022
YEDI VET TARIMSAL FAA. TIC. VE LTD. STI. thank you very much for your interest in our product. Could you please send me your email so I can write you directly? thank you in advance.
Recommend
Mete Aydın
YEDI VET TARIMSAL FAA. TIC. VE LTD. STI
3 de mayo de 2022
David Revilla,mete.aydin@yedivet.com
Recommend
Saad Amjid
12 de mayo de 2022
David Revilla chsaadamjid7@gmail.com this is my email.
Recommend
Muhammad Mubasher
9 de julio de 2022
Dr.m.mubashar@gmail.com
Recommend
Arian khorshidi
16 de septiembre de 2022
Khorshidi711@gmail.com
Recommend
diwakar tiwari
13 de junio de 2022
David Revilla I am interested to know about the product could you please share the details in my email diwakar.tiwari2020@gmail.com
Recommend
Gemunu Widyaratne
20 de junio de 2022
Is this product available in North America?
Recommend
David Revilla
LIPTOSA
20 de junio de 2022
Gemunu Widyaratne, thank you very much for the interest in our product. Unfortunately, the product is not registered yet in North America.
Recommend
Muhammad Salman Akram
Sis chemicals
21 de junio de 2022
Give scientific background for your product. Just saying a herbal mixture is not enough.
Recommend
David Revilla
LIPTOSA
22 de junio de 2022
Muhammad Salman Akram, please be so kind to provide us your email address and our Area Manager will contact you. Thank you!
Recommend
Luis Fernando Vergamini Luna
Opta Alimentos e Insumos
23 de junio de 2022
Is the NATURCOLIN available in Brazil? If possible, I would like to have more tecnhical information and trials, to support the usage. luisluna@allegrolf.com.br Best regards,
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
24 de junio de 2022

Good day Luis Fernando Vergamini Luna,
Our technical manager will contact you by private message in order to send you additional info,
Best regards

Recommend
Murat BAYAR
24 de junio de 2022
David Revilla I am interested to know about the product could you please share the details in my email : muratbayar1@gmail.com
Recommend
Alvaro Dubois
Cargill
24 de junio de 2022
Dear Dr. Ewa. Is this the same product formerly know as BioCholine? Thank you.
Recommend
Javier Gonzalez Foretic
Nuproxa
1 de julio de 2022
Alvaro Dubois Dear Alvaro, no it is not. Is a different product.
Recommend
Ghulam Habib
29 de junio de 2022
Yes. It would be interesting knowing how much of the chemical cholin we can replace with natural herbal choline.
Recommend
Luc Goethals
Sanluc International nv
30 de junio de 2022
It's experimentally not easy to determine which share of the added chemical choline you can replace by natural sources. We have ran several experiments at European Universities and Research Institutes and the outcome was very inconsistent. The problem is that one has to work with choline deficient control diets, if not, few will be seen. In our trials with a normal control group (no added chemical choline, no added natural one) and besides a chemical and natural group, many times we didn't see any difference at all between the three groups. This would mean indeed that in well balanced diets, extra choline is not that essential. Trials were done in broilers and layers. Maybe for other animal species it's different. Of course from such experiments, one might conclude that you can replace ALL synthetic choline by Natural alternatives.
Recommend
Ewa Sujka
Elanco
11 de julio de 2022

Luc Goethals,
we had similar experience, in experimental farms it is quite common that negative control group doesn´t show a significant difference to trial and positive control, however it doesn´t mean that the choline (doesn´t matter if synthetic or vegetal source) is not needed in farm animal diets. This is the reason why we always perform trials under different conditions and scenarios of experimental and commercial farms.

Recommend
Vinay Kulkarni
Optima Life Science Pvt. Ltd.
30 de julio de 2022
Luc Goethals Yes , you are 100 % correct. If natural choline product can perform both structural and functional role of Choline, it's possible to replace synthetic Choline chloride. And moreover such products should perform in choline deficient diet. It is observed that such natural products perform better than synthetic Choline chloride as we are avoiding TMA related issues.
Recommend
Nisar Muhammad Khan
6 de octubre de 2022
Luc Goethals Thanks sir Your comment is no doubt very important and informative , leading us to an idea of getting rid of synthetic or other choline addition, spending on this nutrient without any benefit.
Recommend
Nisar Muhammad Khan
5 de julio de 2022
A number of Trials will be needed before using Naturcoline as choline chloride replacer, as blindly trusting such products is not looking ethical.
Recommend
Pawan Kumar Mudgil
Regen Biocorps
12 de julio de 2022
Total fat content of various diet may differ, can that affect the quantity of choline required in that diet, if yes then, may be that could be reason behind inconsistencies in trials. That means requirement can not be ruled out butTotal fat content decide the requirements.
Recommend
Ram Singh
13 de julio de 2022
Choline removes fat from the liver. Aflatoxin contamination in poultry feed results in fat accumulation in liver. Under such conditions, choline is required to be added in diet. Dr Ram Singh Bibyan
Recommend
Nabil Tanios
14 de julio de 2022

Excess of choline chloride in ration of commercial laying hens produce a refused taste of eggs, for that we can’t open the amount of choline according to fat content in liver.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.