Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

QX infection in adult breeder layer

Published: December 13, 2021

I would be grateful if somebody tell me if it is possible to vaccinate by 4/91 two weeks after Ma5 to control QX variant in adult breeder .

Related topics:
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Influencers who recommended :
Arkan Lubani
Recommend
Comment
Dr Kotaiah Talapaneni
Indbro Research & Breeding Farms
13 de diciembre de 2021

Using I.B. multi strain vaccine (killed) seem to be a better option.
I.B variants are mutating fast and may be spreading through live vaccines?

Recommend
Profile picture
Author
14 de diciembre de 2021

Which killed vaccine can be used? Is it tried through a trial?

Recommend
Nabil
18 de enero de 2022
Salah Mohammed Use H120 mixed with 4/91 at 1 day old and repeat at 10 days and again atv10 weeks . Repeat it again at 18 weeks and then every 4 to 8 weeks durig production according to epidemicity .
Recommend
Ahmed Hegazy
CPC - Cairo Poultry Company
21 de marzo de 2022

what is the route of vaccination for ib vaccination in production?
drinking water or spraying?

Recommend
murat çelebi
JEFO Nutrition Inc.
14 de diciembre de 2021
Hi, My advice is to vaccinate with different types of live vaccine strains during the pullet period and to grow them with inactivated vaccines such as IB Multi before laying. There are also cross-protection studies against the QX variant of various combinations of vaccine strains. Kind regards.
Recommend
Alireza Talebi
15 de diciembre de 2021
Based on the pathogenesis of QX strain/s on the reproductive system of breeder hens, I do recommend the following vaccinations {Avian Pathology 2009; 38 (6): 449-454 Avian Pathology 2011; 40(5): 463-471}. Day 1: Ma5 (or H120) + IB Primo QX (D388) Nobilis Or Ma5 (or H120) +1/96 (Ibird, Ceva) Or  Poulvac IB primer (H120+D274 clone) Day 5-7: Galimone 208 (Inactivated ND+AI) +IB ( M41+D274) Day 14: 4/91 or 793 B Repeat the vaccination using Ma 5 and 4/91, Killed IB before 20 weeks of age. Repeat Ma 5 during the laying period if it is necessary.
Recommend
oumed gerjis
16 de diciembre de 2021
Alireza Talebiat day 5/7, you mentioned : Galimone 208 (Inactivated ND+AI) +IB ( M41+D274)! 1.All the above vaccines are killed even M41+D274? 2.Do you mean vaccinating birds during the first 14 of life with IB vaccines and no Newcastle vaccines ? If no, then when and which vaccines are used for ND when IB used during the first 14 days ? There is no interference between IB and ND vaccines when given simultaneously ?
Recommend
oumed gerjis
16 de diciembre de 2021
oumed gerjis Thank you very much
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
15 de diciembre de 2021

Respected Sirs
Thank you so much for that valuable comments .Definitely we did as you mentioned during rearing period. In spite of that, QX hit the flock during laying. Is it possible to repeat Ma 5 and 4/91 after two weeks or what to do? That is my inquiry.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Salah Ali

Recommend
Dr Kotaiah Talapaneni
Indbro Research & Breeding Farms
15 de diciembre de 2021
Salah Mohammed, I would advise you to go for 4/91. For the next flock change the source of I.B.MULTI. obviously the killed multi you gave did not protect. Unfortunately many I.b vaccines are not well defined due to variants and new mutants.
Recommend
Udi Ashash
30 de diciembre de 2021

Salah Mohammed The best protection from IB variant strain is usually a homologous live vaccine. Today, we have the advantage of understanding what variant or variants are circulating on the farm. so if you have QX field strain use the QX vaccine and do it more than once. try to vaccinate with as less IB strains as possible as too many vaccines will interfere with each other. In high challenge area, use live vaccine 2-3 times during the pullets stage and make the last live vaccination before point of lay. wait until AFTER peak and start vaccinating every 6-8 months. Best application- Spray or ED.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
6 de enero de 2022

Udi Ashash. Yes I totally agree with you, just one comment as the early infection from QX will cause false lay it is very useful to be used at early age. In the middle east area, we are advising to be used at early age Like day one QX, 14 days mass. Strain.

Recommend
Profile picture
Author
6 de enero de 2022
Husam Bakri Hi Dr Husam what you comment on is about day old chicks 1-Shall I repeat the dose of QX vaccine after day old , how many dose shall I give and at what age after that? 2- what to do for adult layer or breeder is Ma5 and 4/91 efficacious
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
6 de enero de 2022

Salah Mohammed,
1-Honestly with QX problem is not how many dose you use more than to use it in right time, which is at early age. For sure it is good if you use other variate strain in your vaccine program.
The most important is to have 2 weeks interval with other rep. vaccines to avoid interference issue, do not mix the vaccines with other vaccines without hard approval that they are working together, same when they are alone. The main problem is when mixing by ourselves the ND, IB and IB variant together (not by producers) in this case definitely we are losing benefits of these vaccines. I know some will say we have used it and everything is ok, what I can say is that is lucky, but as soon there is high challenge you can see the real problem.
2- To get good protection during lay killed vaccine with more IB strains help a lot by increasing the antibodies against, as you know as much we have high antibodies as much you get protraction. We have great experience with IB3+ND+Eds vaccine from Vaxxinova to get high IB titres during production. Also we are advising after peak to use IB+ND live to get good local immunity during production.

Recommend
Danka Maslic-Strizak
16 de diciembre de 2021
Ma 5 and 4/91 evry 6 weeks untilend of production.
Recommend
Zahed Abbasi
Toyoor Barekat co
16 de diciembre de 2021

Hi to all:
To control of QX Bronchitis pathogenesis in breeder to prevent left oviduct cyst, need to note the following factors.
1- Good cleaning and disinfection of poultry house before chick arrival.
2- to buy day old chicks by good maternal immunity against QX strain.
3- Good vaccination program including protectotype strategy.
As all know QX strain pathogenesis occur in first weeks of life (2-3) when the oviduct tissue yet not changes complete from embryonic phase to lifetime .hence when there is a history of disease in before flocks the vaccination program can starts by vaccination against 793B variant (4/91- ibird - IB88) by spry method . followed by Maschu- H120 tow week later.
some expert recommend to use both vaccine(Ma5+4/91) in day old by spry method. It stimulates upper respiratory and systemic immunity.
If before start of production multi strain killed vaccine be used it acts as a booster and better immunity for breeder in lifetime and good maternal immunity for progeny.
Vaccination by any kind of vaccine after about 3 weeks of age has not any protection against QX strain that induces left oviduct cyst but acts to prevent respiratory disease and reducing egg production and egg quality in production period.

Recommend
Danka Maslic-Strizak
17 de diciembre de 2021

Zahed Abbasi,
Extremely correct. First, hygiene, then vaccinations for the protection of health and quality production.

Recommend
ghazanfar mehdi siddiqui
17 de diciembre de 2021
I think all the IB variant vaccine have cross protection on Qx some one is 50% and some is 40% on Qx. In my knowledge B+Qx live I think KBNP Korea company have 90% protection on QX.
Recommend
pham huu nhon
20 de diciembre de 2021
How about the IB Var2 when combination with IB Mass in IB QX protectotype efficacy? Thank you
Recommend
Dr. Md. Beplob Hossain(DVM, MS Medicine)
27 de diciembre de 2021
To Control QX Infection must be followed vaccination schedule : ? Initial vaccination at 1 day of age with a live Massachusetts type of vaccine ( IB Ma5) followed by revaccination at 14 days of age with a live vaccine of the 4/91 type. ? 9-13 wks age again revaccination 4/91 type.
Recommend
ghazanfar mehdi siddiqui
27 de diciembre de 2021
Day one MA5 and 13 days use B+Qx from KBNP Korea vaccine 90% plus protection on QX and than use D274 or IB491
Recommend
Arkan Lubani
8 de enero de 2022

Frankly, Biosecurity and Good SOP in breeder farm (disinfecting, cleaning, day to day monitoring) are the crucial action against IBV field strains, otherwise a punch of vaccine will never confer protection, here we are know needing new strategy to characterize and identify the genotype of field challenge immediately, then use the closet vaccine strain, the advance in metagenomic analysis might be helpful in nearest days, using multiple vaccine strain is the only method followed by technical in the field, whereas using the classical H120 and H48 or even 52 Luhmann might mitigate losses for any field challenge emerged since its the master seed.

Recommend
Arkan Lubani
21 de enero de 2022

I think before giving the IB VAC we should at least study the area disease history: frequent variants will lead to immunocompromised birds. Be careful I think, two variants is more than enough, focusing on SOP of the farm, ventilation system, finally using the mass strain periodically from different companies in layer and breeder.

Recommend
Daniel Mc Elroy
25 de enero de 2022
We need to get back to natural immunity strongest to survive this feeding medication needs to be dropped every one has this or that fix but its not working we need husbandry proper control ,yes it will cost money in the wage terms, through farm workers but it will have to be done to build immunity in the flock's
Recommend
Kb Bohara
16 de febrero de 2022
I have no no noexperience IB QX control because I did not work with layer breeders any where. I do have good experience of prevention and control of IB in Broiler Breeders and commercial broiler flocks in my command areas for 20 yrs I investigated a number of IB outbreak in my initial stages in the farmers fields and I Designed a a new vaccine and vaccination schedules for my breeder flocks and also for farmers flocks which helped me to bring the IB under complete cotrol and I never had any losses from IB outbreaks in my Breeder flocks in last 15-16 year. I do operate a functionally effective Farm biosecurity as first line of defense Strict Breeder vaccination schedule eg first week of age Ma5 as Spray/or Eye drops 2 to 3 weeks of age 4/91 ED repeat 4/91 ED at every 8 to 10 weeks regularly IB killed just before the point of lay Repeat again after Peak at the interval of 8- 10 weeks After following this schedule without missing gave me wonderful result for 15 year.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.