Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Avian Influenza H9N2 and biosecurity - Husam Bakri

Published: March 12, 2018
Husam Bakri (Vaxxinova) spoke on the risks of avian Influenza and its appearance in combination with IBV or Newcastle, and the importance of good management measures, during IPPE 2018 in Atlanta, USA.
Related topics:
Authors:
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
Influencers who recommended :
Ozlem SAHAN YAPICIER, murat çelebi
Recommend
Comment
Daniel Mc Elroy
19 de marzo de 2018

Why is this h9n2 showing up so often, when farms are getting closed that have outbreaks?
Also in the area that has Large groups of birds like geese. you don't find any dead birds there
Have any farms let this flu run its course? if not, why not as the bird is going to be killed in the end.

Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
9 de agosto de 2018

Daniel Mc Elroy
I think persistence of H9N2 in vaccinated birds can be attributed to co-existence of antibodies and virus in the birds body depending upon antigenic match between the vaccine virus and field virus. A vaccine virus with >90% (genotype) homology with the virus circulating in the flock will have more efficient virus clearance than the viruses more distant (10 days vaccination thus enhancing the chances of poor virus clearance. Although H9N2 virus is fairly stable genetically but internal mutations and antigenic drift over space and time can compromise vaccine performance. Autogenous vaccines are the answer to such problems. Regards.

Recommend
Dr. M.Mazhar Khan
K&N´s
19 de marzo de 2018

Dr. Husam Bakri is very right as we have also experienced all these problems in Pakistan.

We have acted 100% as Dr. Husam Bakri said & save the flock with a comprehensive vaccination program and a very high-level biosecurity whether there is disease or not. Once it enters in your area you have to be prepared to face it anytime, if it is not today, you never know when it will relapse. It is fact, if any viral disease is introduced in your area or region you have to be prepared to face it again anytime, so please do not relax.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
21 de marzo de 2018
Dr. M.Mazhar Khan . Thank you very much for your comments
Recommend
Amal Ahmad Abed Allan
19 de marzo de 2018

The most professional that I have met (Dr. Husam Bakri) :)

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
21 de marzo de 2018
Amal Ahmad Abed Allan thank you Eng.Amal
Recommend
Nimer Natsheh
20 de marzo de 2018

Dr.Nimer Natsheh / JOVAC - Jordan:

Birds death at the end due to secondary infection either by bacteria or virus.

Regarding geese, no clinical signs appeared on the bird.

Recently research work that AIV - H9N2 vertically transmission to the geese progeny.

Regards

Recommend
Daniel Mc Elroy
20 de marzo de 2018
Captive birds, getting the h9n2 flu, I can understand, yet there are not enough corpses from wild birds ,that have this flu virus, showing up in areas that have the infection, the chickens life span is short, and egg laying not much longer, this looks like a in house problem sanitary, and further pointing to the high risk on ECOLI as that is a man made problem through neglect also
Recommend
Dr. Abrar Hussain
21 de marzo de 2018

It's my observation that incident of AIV is low as compared to IBV and bacterial secondary invasion.
The complication occurs when no use of virus identification and isolation is done and on the basis of signs and symptoms, influenza is declared. One should conduct lab tests first, then claim diagnosis.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
21 de marzo de 2018
Dr. Abrar Hussain yes I totally agree this what has been done. Thank you for your comments
Recommend
Bouayad
24 de marzo de 2018

My fraternal salutations Dr. Husam Bakri
I have two interrogations.

Don't you think that much of the recrudescence of h9n2 will be genetic derivatives have always used a strain h9 / UAE / 99 whereas in countries is a genotype different from h9n2

I also want to try scientifically to understand how an inactive h9N2 vaccine can give us mucous immunity in sufficient trachea.

Thank you.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
26 de marzo de 2018
Dear Bouayad , First thank you for your comments . Yes we were worried if the vaccine still working against different H9N2 isolation specially when we have seen mortality in vaccinated flocks , I have done a a study for 3 isolation from different countries and we have found out that they are not much different from vaccines strain, what we have found that other diseases were playing a role in the vaccinated flocks against AI like ND and IB Variants, therefore all flocks has treated the problem as breakage could reduce the mortality and improve the egg production . killed vaccines are like a training course for the immune system. They prepare the body to fight disease without exposing it to disease symptoms. When foreign invaders such as bacteria or viruses enter the body, immune cells called lymphocytes respond by producing antibodies, which are protein molecules.
Recommend
Olaiya Folorunso Paul
2 de abril de 2018
Good write up. Quite informative.
Recommend
Panya Boonprasert
2 de abril de 2018
Husam Bakri good information , we will study more.
Recommend
wael natsheh
26 de marzo de 2018

Great, Dr.
I need to ask you about H9N2 subtypes in our region.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
26 de marzo de 2018
wael natsheh . Thank you for your message . Please feel free to ask any question. Looking to hear from you
Recommend
wael natsheh
27 de marzo de 2018
Husam Bakri thank you Husam ,my question is what the genotyping of AIV(H9N2 ,cause we deal with many substrains in our area all of them belonging to H9N2 main strain ?
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
27 de marzo de 2018

Wael Natsheh, yes from my experience with H9N2 since 1998.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
2 de abril de 2018
wael natsheh . Thank you for your message. Can you please let me know which area you are asking about .
Recommend
Bouayad
26 de marzo de 2018

Thanks for your answer but have seen in many countries uses new genotype h9N2 like Korea.
for my second question I want to say how an inactive vaccine that is made to induce IgG production could produce IGA antibodies to the tracheal mucosa that will protect us from H9N2 in the tracheal
thank you

Recommend
wael natsheh
27 de marzo de 2018
Bouayad induce the specific anti-HA1 IgA antibody level in the trachea and intestine and the specific but anti-HA1 IgG antibody level in the SERUM
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
27 de marzo de 2018
Bouayad : honestly my experience in the middle east and North Africa regarding the different genotype of H9N2 . I do not know about Korea. Regarding Immunity from killed manly it is humoral immunity but in the beginning it will produce IGM as cellular immunity.
Recommend
MOTI LAL TRAKRU
27 de marzo de 2018
Avian Influnza is not much problem in India as in all organized farms the birds are timely vaccinated with ND Varient killed vaccine.Only sporadic cases do occur in remote areas due to wild birds cross infection
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
28 de marzo de 2018
MOTI LAL TRAKRU thank for your input in this subject. Good to hear that AI H9N2 is not an issue in India.
Recommend
Abdulcader
4 de abril de 2018
MOTI LAL TRAKRU In case of ND vaccines all r made of one serotype;whats ND VARIANT inactivated?
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
4 de abril de 2018
Abdulcader salam , Vaccine used ND lentogenic
Recommend
Bouayad
27 de marzo de 2018

Thank you, Dr. Wael Natsheh.
I want to know how an inactive product tracheal and intestinal iga is what you have a link or a publication that demonstrates this scientifically
if this is the case will have will not need for other diseases to use nebulization example during bronchitis will only use to inactivate it.
Thank you.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
28 de marzo de 2018
Bouayad salam , Thank you for your question. Here is my email to send me all your questions in one time to help you: Husam_bakri@hotmail.com All the best
Recommend
Dr. Ashraf Ali Qureshi
28 de marzo de 2018
Dear Dr. Hussam, Thanks for elaboration facts about Avian Influenza damages, mainly in combination of other respiratory problems such as ND and IB and its variants. Definitely it is due to compromised immune protection of ND and IB. or in other words AI is initiating deterioration of immune competence. I just wanted to share that ND which is most damaging to Breeder flocks with H9N2, we have overcome this weakness with uniform AI (H9N2) titers and by ND recombinent vaccine at Day old in hatchery. This has solved AI damages in high challenge area. Recombinent ND vaccine with Killed and live vaccines during growing stage protects flocks in high AI challenge areas. Regards
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
2 de abril de 2018
Ashra Ali Qureshi thanks for your comments. Yes I totally agree with yoh .
Recommend
Daniel Mc Elroy
2 de abril de 2018
Avian influenza H9n2,seems to be linked to stale air, and dust and bloom . respiratory problems can only come from the lack of fresh air. Sheds with 3 sides of wire would be of better health, for any kept bird
Recommend
Abdulcader
4 de abril de 2018

Hello Dr.

As you know the breeder DOC imported from Europe, esp France are not carrying any maternal antibodies against AIV; In countries like KSA what may be the initial strategy of immunization of such chicks.?
Further most authors claim that the HA of field and vaccine strain should be homologous to get the protection from the vaccine.Then how could we use a commercial vaccine which may not homologous with field? I need an answer as a technical expert and not as the representation of vaccine manufacturer.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
4 de abril de 2018

Abdulcader, first thank you for your message and trust my reply will be as an expert. We advised getting good biosecurity and good vaccination program against ND to avoid any risk of getting AI at an early age as no MDA. Regarding this point, there is a study on World Poultry, issue 2, Sep 2014 from GA Athens university. Please have a look at it.
From my experience, all the vaccines in the market are having the same strain of AI since 1988 and the mean reasons for the vaccine failing:
1- vaccine administration.
2- other diseases playing a role like ND or IB.

Recommend
Gary Lu
21 de junio de 2018

Abdulcader

I was just in KSA last week visiting a client of mine who is doing poultry farming.
He suffered from similar problems as you and we provided him with our product which is a high concentration liquid nano silver.
With the assistance of our product and good environmental maintenance, he was able to combat the issue and turn his farm into a more profitable business.

You could look up on what nano silver could do against AIV, and the fact that nano silver acts only as an inhibitor rather than a drug makes it perfect weapon against bacterial/viral caused diseases.

Thanks

Recommend
Stephen Adejoro Dr
Soavet
6 de abril de 2018

Interesting lecture, but practitioners must take note that expectation for a successful immunization including vaccination against AI go beyond the mere process of the vaccination.
Our published studies with numerous post vaccination outbreak here in the tropics, had concluded that in vaccination for effective immune responses ,anti immuno- competent factors like overcrowding ,stress and mycotoxin must be strictly controlled
I will talk more of the need to manage immunological functions when we vaccinate against critical agents of viral infections like Mareks IBD and of recent against AI by ensuring that we use very broad spectrum toxin binder or in some cases the use of nanotechnology toxin binders that will bind or degrade or metabolise both small and large to toxins that can be found in chicken feed.
The major problem responsible for vaccination failure maybe the effect of large molecule toxins in causing on specific antibody production even when you have done a specific vaccination for ND and the host misbehaving to produce antibodies against infectious Bronchitis (IB).This phenomenon is referred to as a non specific antibody production which can be frequently seen in flocks that feed on DON of Fumonisin contaminated feed
Recent surveys showed that large molecule toxins occuring singularly or in mixed contamination are more prevalent even more that aflatoxin in animal feed,it is my view that each vaccination must be accompanied by feed with tolerable level of the large and small molecules mycotoxin ,while other potentiating factors must be strictly monitored within the period of two weeks of any critical vaccination

Recommend
chemaou tarik
10 de abril de 2018

I totally agree with you about other diseases and biosecurity Dr. Husam. But I d like to add also the poor ventilation and high level of ammonia that can hurt the trachea and play the same rôle as IB or ND. That can be in part the explanation why the AI occurs strongly in the winter time in houses not equipped with ventilation system as they try to close the houses by fear of getting cold.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
11 de abril de 2018

chemaou tarik. First, thank you for your comments. I totally agree with you.

Recommend
randa ahmad bazzi
11 de abril de 2018
Thank you Dr. Husam .
Recommend
ajoy chandra roy
11 de abril de 2018
Thank you very much to husam bakri for your valuable presentation
Recommend
Sylvana chedid hanna
11 de abril de 2018
Thank you Dr. Hussam Bakri
Recommend
Dr Imran batth D.V.M pakistan.
12 de abril de 2018
predisposing factors in asia specially in pakistan is high level of mycotoxin and other vertical transmited disease speciall MG.Ai should manage by all aspects good vetilatiin is more important.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.