Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

IBV Variants in the Middle East

Published: September 2, 2016
Summary
Introduction Infectious bronchitis (IB) virus, first described in the 1930s (Schalk & Hawn, 1931), continues to be a major cause of disease in chickens of all ages and types in all parts of the world (Anon, 1988, 1991). Good quality vaccines have been available to control IB infections since the 1950s. However, despite their careful use, IB continues to be a major problem. One reason for t...
Related topics
Authors:
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
sawsan dabool
2 de abril de 2017
Hello I want to know which IBV strains can we find in Syria, Iraq , Saudi Arabia, Jordan thanks a lot
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
2 de abril de 2017
Dear Sawsan , First thank you for your message . It has mentioned on my article, IB 4/91 , QX , Vart 2 , selumaneh , Iranian strains . All the best Bakri
sawsan dabool
3 de abril de 2017
thank you Dr Bakri
Mohamed Hassan
30 de diciembre de 2018
Dear Dr, Bakri Thanks for your efforts. I would like to know about circulating IBV virus in UAE and If there were any proved results about presence of IS/1494/06 in UAE. Thanks in advance. M. Houta
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
2 de enero de 2019

Dear Mohamed,
First, I would like to wish you a happy new year. On study showed that IS strain is present in our area in general also UAE.

Dr. Mohammad Akram
3 de enero de 2019
Dear Brother Husam, A very happy new year to you & all staff of MSD. I am agree with your suggestions to overcome the losses of IB Variants in Middle East. Based on my long experience of working in Middle East and several knowledgeable discussion with you on this issue, I have applied the similar control measures in Karachi area of Pakistan. For your kind information, many IB Variant unvaccinated commercial layer flocks without any drop in feed, apparently showing field exposure of unidentified IBV (Variant strains), resulted severe drop in egg production with deterioration of egg shell & egg albumen quality. P.M. examination showed lesions of FALSE LAYERS. Single dose of live vaccine of IB (Ma-5 + 4/91) was given via drinking water route and almost one week post vaccination a remarkable increase in egg production & improvement in egg quality was noticed. Best regards Dr. M.Akram
Nguyen nhu nguyen
5 de enero de 2019

Dr. Mohammad Akram
Dear Dr Akram,
As you mention, I would like to know that when did you apply ( Ma5+ 4/91)? At DO or when you saw clinical of false layer? Thanks

Dr. Mohammad Akram
5 de enero de 2019
Dear Dr.Nguyen nhu nguyen, Vaccine was applied during egg production at different age in different farms, based on the observation of signs & lesions of IB infection as mentioned in my comments. Regards
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
5 de enero de 2019
Nguyen nhu nguyen : To get good protraction against IB infection from variants strains like QX you must give the vaccines at day one Mass+variants to avoid false layer during production. As soon I see this problem this means flock got the infection first 2 weeks
Nguyen nhu nguyen
8 de enero de 2019
Husam Bakri thank you for your information
Kamalmousa Ghedan
14 de enero de 2019

dear dr. Husam
Greetings, 
Thank you
What's your opinion about QX vaccination?
Best regards

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de enero de 2019

Kamalmousa Ghedan, thank you for your question. As we have several IB variants challenging layer & breeder, using several IB variants strains before production will be great to protect birds and to be primier for killed vaccine and QX vaccine to be one from them will be good. Also, I advice to use the IB killed with different IB variants on it will give good antibodies, as more antibodies mean more protection during production.

Thanh
29 de enero de 2019
Husam Bakri , if we use both IB classical and variant at one day old, we see alot of reaction. Why don't we move keep IB classical at day 1 and move variant to day 7 or 10? I saw alot CRD and another respiratory diseases of we do variant at day 1.
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
29 de enero de 2019

Thanh,

First, thank you for your comments. The standard vaccination day for variants strains 14 days and the class one one day old. Using variants strain day one just when you are fasing IB probable at early age. To get good results from live respiratory vaccine make the interval between them at least 12 days.

Pradeep Kumar
16 de enero de 2019

Dr. What is the broiler breeder vaccine age of this vaccine?

Salah Mohammed
16 de enero de 2019

Dear Dr. Husam, how could you explain the week immunity of IB whenever I used the combination of live Ma5 and clone 30 vaccine in my parent breeder?

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
17 de enero de 2019

Dear salah ,
Thank you for your question. Can you please explain more what do you mean the week immunity?

Salah Mohammed
17 de enero de 2019
Respected Dr Hisham greetings Deeply sorry for that mistake I mean weak immunity that is to say the mean titre of IB is spare in amount Compare to that of ND
K.Balasubramanian
K.Balasubramanian
17 de enero de 2019
Sir, Good evening, How to identify the field strain and vaccine strain in modern lab.
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
21 de enero de 2019

K.Balasubramanian First, thank you for your question and sorry for the late reply as I was traveling. Usually, we do PCR after we do sequencing here the most important to know is the vaccine strain sequence.

Dr Kibiike David
18 de enero de 2019

The challenges I am getting, which may be similar to the above complaints, is that immunity is short lived and sometimes not there at all because many attacks have come in after several vaccinations have been done, and to make it worse these bacterial molecules become resistant to antibiotics very fast.

Dr Prafull Zade
29 de enero de 2019

Can we give live vaccine in the IB outbreak in layers? And suppose which vaccine is suitable

Thanh
29 de enero de 2019

Dr Prafull Zade, vaccine only for healthy birds, no vaccine company recommend for diseases birds. But in practice, we must know how many percent of the flock gets infection and the rest of the farm also. IB live vaccine will help if we do when the morbility still low and we want to protect the rest of farm. And if we do when the morbility too high, the farm will get more inflection. And it depends on what kind of IB vaccine you use, classical will respond immunity faster than variant.

Dr Prafull Zade
29 de enero de 2019

Thanks Dr. for good suggestion.

Aniedi Okon
23 de febrero de 2019
Thanks Dr. Please is it advisable to mix IB and ND vaccines to administer to birds simultaneously?
Dr Kotaiah Talapaneni
Indbro Research & Breeding Farms
23 de febrero de 2019

You did all your vaccines correctly.
But found a viral disease.
There is no known medicament. Reason not known. maybe vaccine did not work. maybe the flock got it before the immunity is established?
Any spray will further distress the respiratory system. Any attempt to inject will spread the problem through the needle. The spread is slow and worrying daily with deaths and drop in production.
So what is left in doctor's hand. you spread it fast and it will end soon. Better you use an attenuated spread (vaccine) rather than the disease virus spreading slowly in vaccinated birds.

K.Balasubramanian
K.Balasubramanian
8 de septiembre de 2019

Dr. thank you and great work. I want to know how to identify the IB variant strain in PCR. Please inform and give the primer design and cycle conditions.

Thanks,

K.Balasubramanian.

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
9 de septiembre de 2019

K.Balasubramanian First, I would like to apologize for the delay in replying.
Usually we do general PCR It is positive we do PCR for variants strains which available in the market now.
Sorry again for the late reply.

Dr Kotaiah Talapaneni
Indbro Research & Breeding Farms
9 de septiembre de 2019
Can hussam bakri help us to identify new strains of IB. we have issues like sudden production drops suggestive of IB symptomatically inspire of using killed IB , MA5 AND 4/91. what ever samples required can be sent where ever advised. No mortality. no respiratory symptoms. production drops while reaching peak from 80% to 40%. Fertility also drops. confirmed not A.E. brown layer flocks 26 weeks age.
Ahmed Mohammed
20 de octubre de 2020

Husam Bakri (To get good results from live respiratory vaccine make the interval between them at least 12 days.) please do you have mre explanation for that point? Thanks

Tran Trong Giao
5 de agosto de 2023
If I used IB variant vaccine strain 793B, can it protect for QX strain? Thanks
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister