Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Vaccines against Gumboro disease

Vaccines and vaccinations against Gumboro disease: the key points

Published: September 29, 2011
Summary
Introduction Gumboro Disease, more properly called Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD), is one of the most important viral diseases of chickens. The virus responsible for this condition (IBDV) can be found in almost all farms and countries. Many studies have already been conducted on this disease but more are still needed to better understand the consequences of the genetic and antigenic va...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr Yannick Gardin
Poultry Veterinary Study Group of de EU (PVSGEU)
Vilmos Palya
Poultry Veterinary Study Group of de EU (PVSGEU)
Recommend
Comment
Mangesh Shirke
25 de abril de 2015
In the present scenario ; where poultry population is highly exposed to different kind of diseases and vaccines to prevent the same. It is putting the poultry under lot of stress. In the same a proper assesment of situations and best vaccinations should be followed. The use of vector vaccines (using HVT) has shown promising results. Also Immune Complex vaccine is also will be future vaccine. The IBD virus has shown changes in the past...so the new strategy should be in place to face the new challenges...the virus is going to bring in future....
Recommend
Dr. G. Vijay Kumar
27 de abril de 2015
Pl . let me know how to store the vaccines. 1. freeze dried live vaccines - on the vial i.e. on the lable it is mentioned that it has to stored between 2 to 4 degrees c. Then why are they freezing? can we not store in a refrigerator where the temp are between 2 to 4 degrees C.? both killed and live vaccines are recommended for storing between 2 to 4 degrees C. then wjhy live vaccines are frozen. can any body explain me the details of storing live and killed vaccines. dr. gv kumar
Recommend
Mangesh Shirke
27 de abril de 2015
Live freeze dried vaccines should be stored and transported at 2-8 degree centigrade. For killed vaccine also the recommended storage is at 2-8 degree centigrade. But killed vaccines should not be frozen as there is chance of separation of blend. Storage in frozen condition is only recomonded when ther is not sureity about the maintenance of temperature; as in case with most of the household refrigerators as they are opened constantly; and to avoid the fluctuation in exposure of the vaccine to different storage condition. Ideally Live vaccines should be stored at 2-8 degree centigrade and kiled vaccines also at the same temperatures. But killed vaccines should never be frozen...Thanks hope it will help you.
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
28 de abril de 2015
I have following observations in response to Dr Kumar's comments: 1. Freeze dried live vaccines retain some residual moisture and are prone to temperature shock if fluctuations are too wide (e.g. -20 C to > + 20 C ). Therefore storage at 2-4 C is desirable in situations where the vaccine stock is manipulated frequently as in a retail shop, regional depot or vaccine warehouse at the manufacturing point. 2.We can visualize that , in a retail shop the vaccines are stored stacked as they are received over a period of time. As a result the vaccine received recently is stored either in front of ( vertical chest ) or on top ( horizontal chest ) of the vaccine received earlier. Whenever a sale has to me made all the recently received vaccine has to be taken out to reach the older stock. This results in a temperature fluctuation and could lower the potency of vaccine over repeated cycles. The temperature shock is of a lower degree in 2-8 degree storage. 2. For long term storage of freeze dried product ( surplus production , strategic reserve and Freeze dried vaccine seed bank ) storage should be preferred at sub-zero temperatures ( -20C to -80C ) depending upon expected storage time. 3. Vacuum closed glass vaccine vials should be stored at 2-4 C because differential shrinkage of rubber ( stopper ) and glass ( vial ) may lead to moisture being sucked into the vial. 4. Inactivated Emulsion vaccines MUST be stored at 2 to 4 C to avoid phase separation as also damage to formalin fixed conformational antigenic structure of the pathogen. Hope it helps.
Recommend
Dr Irfan Noor
SB Feed
28 de abril de 2015
Are these Vector vaccines( Vaxxitec) & immune complex vaccine equally successful in day old layer chicks? In my experience Bursaplex injected in layer chicks at 1st day ,showed variable results with greater stress & mortality in some cases.
Recommend
Narayan Banik
29 de abril de 2015
Thanks a lot all authors for valuable discussion regarding control of gumborodisease in different Countries I know that it is very very difficult to control in endemic areas . It will be highly appreciated if any cosultanant clearing the mode of action of1st vaccination with hot strain followed by intermmadiete strain or 1st vaccine nation with gumborodisease killed vac in 5th day followed by ho vaccine . Another question is that how could get gumborodisease vector vaccine in Bangladesh? I
Recommend
Ghambi Damiel
29 de abril de 2015
Our challenge in some areas in Malawi is frequent electricity blackouts,hence it becomes difficult to maintain required temperature
Recommend
Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
Synergy Biorefineries Pvt
30 de abril de 2015
In stead of going allopathy drugs it is better to go for Herbal treatment which is permanently safe.
Recommend
Kabir Ahmed Chohan
29 de febrero de 2016
Dears, As described in the presentation, we need a vaccination program that not only prevent clinical signs but also reduce the chances of vvIBD and emergence of new strain or serotype. Vector IBD do not produce immunity before 2 weeks so if chicks naturally have low MDA or higher CV% in DOC titres then it cannot prevent the challenge in early life. Challenge in early life could cause permanent immunosupression and it indirectly effect the economic of the farmer as birds are more prone to disease when immunocompromised. So to COMPLETE SAVE THE BIRDS DURING EARLY OR LATER LIFE THE TRANSMUNE IBD IS THE BEST VACCINE TO STOP GUMBORO CYCLE. Secondly Transmune virus fastest colonise and replicate bursa to complete block the enterance of vvIBD in bursa and so the shedding of field virus. Thirdly vaccination is vaccine + administration. Kabir CHOHAN
Recommend
Dr.Mujahid Kamran
29 de febrero de 2016
There are chances of severe immunosuppression due to bursa damage by immune complex vaccine virus in early days if MDA level is too low or in case if breeder is not well vaccinated with killed IBD vaccines. IMMUNE COMPLEX VACCINES contain Intermediate plus strains which cause massive damage of bursa in low MDA level birds. The best choice is to use live vaccine in water by using Deventer formula. Thanks
Recommend
Kabir Ahmed Chohan
29 de febrero de 2016
If MDA level is lower or not present in DOC even then the drinking vaccination take day will be early as compared to DOC with higher MDA. Secondly Transmune provide protection on individual basis. Each bird get colonization in bursa with respect to its MDA level. Secondly hatchery vaccination assure 100& injection in each bird with full protective dose, this cannot be achieved with DRINKING WATER vaccination as some birds ger over dose or undersdose depending upon how effectively you are managing vaccination on farm. Water quality is another factor effecting Drinking water vaccination.
Recommend
Dr.Mujahid Kamran
29 de febrero de 2016
Effective vaccination management is very important for all routes eg injection at hatchery drinking water eye drops etc etc I did not see any comments about use of Deventer Formula for live vaccines especially Intermediate vaccines than Intermediate plus booster vaccine in current scenario. Water quality control is also possible. Its my own experience there is good weight gain and performance of birds with use of live vaccine if done under controlled conditions.
Recommend
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
1 de marzo de 2016
I am sure that other persons had already mentioned these points , nevertheless, I shall say that ONE of the best prevention is BIO SECURITY. It is important to ensure that the farm is keeping the pathogenic virus under control. Disinfection and a resting time will help keep the virus away from the house. Even if we vaccinate the chicks with the best vaccine at the hatchery, maybe, IN OVO, yet if we put them in a contaminated environment, they can be affected by the disease
Recommend
Kabir Ahmed Chohan
1 de marzo de 2016
Yes if you are using deventer formula and its working then it is good. But my point was that higher CV% could effect the application of deventer formula. Yes biosecurity is important part of disease control. But IBDV survive higher range of pH 2_11 and every difficult to control by disinfection.
Recommend
saravanan
1 de marzo de 2016
If there is IBD problem in one area we can go for IBD Killed vaccine along with live at day 12 and followed by IBD live on Day 20. It will prevent the disease outbreak.
Recommend
Nagwa Abd El Aziz Shalaby
1 de marzo de 2016
Hi I ready used vaxxitic vaccine vie sub/C injection at 0 day age of chicks The result perfect and immunity good aspacialy used good formula probiotic ether in water or feed
Recommend
Syed Abdul Basit
2 de marzo de 2016
I am a farmer of 83 thousand broilers in three controlled farms.i used transimmune day first in hatchery for two different flocks but there result was in shape of out break on 21 day of age . Now I am using using IBDLceva 2512 at the age of 11 th day . With good performance and management as a single shot
Recommend
Kabir Ahmed Chohan
2 de marzo de 2016
Dear, Sometimes after vaccination on 18th day of age, we see the post-vaccination reaction of spray plus ventilation is compromised in these days, so this could be leading to increase mortality in your flock with teansmune vaccinated flock. Can you share your vaccibation program with me? And season of month of production with transmune and CEVAC IBD L ?? So we could investigate where could be the problem ? From where you vaccinate the flock ?? You can send me at kabirahmedchohan@gmail.com or 03334375135
Recommend
Dr.mohammed Elbadawy
2 de marzo de 2016
I want to know if there is An antibody titrer which can be considered protective for field infection?
Recommend
Dr Ghulam Ali Jafri  DVM
2 de marzo de 2016
?? Dearest Farmers &Professionals' ?? Wishing you Healthy ?? Happy ?? Life +Flocks. I'm Proprietors of the " Five Star Proteins & Meridians Enterprises" Since 4 years ,28th Flock is on Progress, I found no any "Virel& Bacterial" Problem.... Management and Bio security is the"KEY" of Success + Good Feed+Good Breed +Best Management =++FCR Dr Ghulam Ali Jafri DVM,RVMP. MD Technical, drghulamalijafri@gmail.com
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.