Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Enzyme Solutions for Poultry Diets

Characteristics of Effective Enzyme Solutions for Poultry Diets

Published: August 24, 2012
Summary
Enzymes are widely accepted to improve the utilization of nutrients in poultry diets and increase the capacity of birds to perform on less digestible feed ingredients. However, increasing volatility in raw material prices for feed ingredients and stricter regulations on feed safety to control salmonella in poultry production, are changing the way we formulate and process poultry diets and require...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Rafael Duran
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
14 de noviembre de 2019
Aaron, I found your comment absolutely key; we, so many times get tied to endless discussions on which should be the level of enzyme addition without paying attention to the amount of potentially reactive substrate. Thanks and take care. Rafa.
Recommend
Faiz ahmad
Optimus formulation
19 de noviembre de 2019
Yes
Recommend
Tanaji Valmik Lokare
20 de noviembre de 2019

I have gone through this article it is really helpful to poultry farmer to reduce the cost of feed but do you have details of data for example how much phytase Enzyme of 2500 FTU or 500 FTU to be used per tone of Broiler feed or layer and also how much conversion takes place in feed phosphorous (how much Phosphorous is made available). test and control results to compare.

What will be the effects of enzymes on minerals, amino acid and vitamins balance?

What happens if the dose is increased more than required dose per tone?

Recommend
Dr. ABDULHAMEED JIMOH
27 de noviembre de 2019
Tanaji Valmik Lokare This is the new focus of research in Phytase and other enzymes.. One research has shown that 600 units of phytase will release 0.8gram of Phytate phosphorus. Generally quantification of phytase and other enzymes' effect is essential to maximize the benefit of enzyme technology in monogastric nutrition. This will allow for formulation in anticipation of enzyme action. Where enzymes are added in excess of amount recommended, adverse effect is not envisaged except wasted resources as excess action of the enzyme cannot lead to more than expected absorption of the nutrient beyond the animal's capacity and requirement.
Recommend
Amin Nahal
25 de noviembre de 2019
which different between enzyme liquid and enzyme powder
Recommend
Bronagh Owens
Devenish Nutrition
27 de noviembre de 2019
Amin Nahal There is no difference - just the form. You need to ensure that any powder used is heat stable to survive any heat treatment at the mill.
Recommend
Dr. ABDULHAMEED JIMOH
27 de noviembre de 2019
This is the new focus of research in Phytate and other enzymes.. One research has shown that 600 units of phytate will release 0.8gram of Phytate phosphorus. Generally quantification of phytase and other enzymes' effect is essential to maximize the benefit of enzyme technology in monogastric nutrition. This will allow for formulation in anticipation of enzyme action. Where enzymes are added in excess of amount recommended, adverse effect is not envisaged except wasted resources as excess action of the enzyme cannot lead to more than expected absorption of the nutrient beyond the animal's capacity and requirement.
Recommend
Jodh singh
30 de noviembre de 2019
Amin Nahal but more things. If you want go through with liquid enzymes water PH more matter. Better should be go with powder.
Recommend
Dimcho Djouvinov
AB Vista
27 de noviembre de 2019

Dear Lokare,

For the proper application of phytase one needs to know the matrix values of the product, the phytic P levels in the feed and the goal of the production: performance or cost savings.

Recommend
Joseph Akayi Nammonywa
28 de noviembre de 2019
For proper application of phytase one must know the matrix values.Though for Natuphos E from BASF you only require 50g to 100g per ton of feed.
Recommend
Joseph Akayi Nammonywa
28 de noviembre de 2019
Retainable P release measured at 350 FTU =0.8g/kg broiler feed. Total P (MCP) is then 0.8g / Retainable of P in MCP* =0.8g/80%=1.00g tP Total P (DCP) is then 0.8g /Retainable of P in DCP** =0.8g /70%=1.14g tP
Recommend
Luis Fernando Vergamini Luna
Opta Alimentos e Insumos
9 de diciembre de 2019
Gentlemen, just to add spice in the discussion we could also consider the microbiota as an important consumer of enzymes effects. Both phytases and carbohydrases will impact in the performance of established microbiota patterns, that seem to be specific to each production unit.
Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
20 de diciembre de 2019

Dr. Luis, I fully agree with your consideration that changes in the microbiota, favoring the animal, is an important effect of enzyme action. I even think that this aspect should always be considered when presenting articles discussing the effect of enzymes on animal performance. Congratulations.

Recommend
Uloma Blessing
21 de diciembre de 2019

I usually enjoy reading comments here, it is just that sometimes the terms are difficult to understand for a layman like me. I use commercial pelletize feed for my broilers, is it advisable to include the enzyme? If yes, how do I go about it since the feed is pelletized?

Thank you.

Recommend
Dimcho Djouvinov
AB Vista
19 de enero de 2020
Dear Uloma, Different enzyme products differ in their thermostabilty. One needs to apply a product which is able to survive the regime of heat treatment in process of pelleting. The other option is to spray a liquid product post pelleting.
Recommend
Dr. ABDULHAMEED JIMOH
19 de enero de 2020
Quite agree with the conclusion of this article. This is the new trend in enzyme technology in poultry nutrition. The need to quantify the effects of enzymes on feed stuffs cannot be overemphasised. This is the only way to maximize the benefits of enzyme supplementation in poultry nutrition. If enzyme can enhance quality of feed to conventional level, why are we still formulating feed to conventional level and still adding enzymes?
Recommend
Attiq-ur-Rehman
3 de febrero de 2020

Dear all,
How much metabolizable energy released by the addition of (Powder) 100g phytase (10,000ftu) in broiler corn-soybean diet?

Recommend
Andres Felipe Belalcazar
6 de febrero de 2020

Hello all, I always argue that enzymes are not energy providers in animal feed. To use the famous "matrix values" of the enzyme products that all enzyme providers give to the nutritionist you have to understand where this is coming from. For phytases the phosphate liberated is the main effect but energy comes from the reduction of the antinutritional effect of phytate IP6. The matrix value depends on the ability of the enzyme to breakdown IP6 before it binds with calcium, protein and starch. Also true, more phytate you have more active phytase you will need to reduce these antinutritional effects. So we should measure the phytate present in the final feed, to correlate as well with the "matrix value".
For "carbohydrases" (enzymes that degrade carbohydrates) the effects are more complex, so you have to analyze each enzyme individually. Amylase breaks down starch and should be used to complement the endogenous amylase from the animal, the matrix value will depend on the age of the animal and the diet composition (characterization of the starch is important to understand this). Also, it could be used to control glycemic index in swine if you use less digestible starch (starch from peas is a good example) that could be degraded by the exogenous amylase at the distal jejunum.
Finally, fibre degrading enzymes such as xylanase glucanase and mannanase. All depend on substrate concentration, antinutritional effects they solve and prebiotic effects. These are quite long so they should be discussed in a separate discussion.
And last but not least proteases, the main effect is to make protein more digestible, so the matrix value should be applied on the digestibility of the raw material or final protein. One misconception is to do this directly to the amino acids. Proteases rarely cleaves protein to that degree, most often they will produce polypeptides. This is not a bad thing, in humans polypetides (from animal origin) have been found to boost the immune system. However, as far as I know, there is no research in this area for monogastric animals.

Finally my conclusion: only apply the matrix value when you understand where is comming from

Sorry the long comment.

Recommend
daniel severino
26 de febrero de 2020

Great, all on track, so the only thing is a trial zero and make a final introduction over any of the above great thoughts. 

Regards

Daniel

Recommend
kamaran abduljalil abbas
Salahaddin University
29 de abril de 2020

The matrix value of individual or multi enzymes when given by the enzyme producer can be depended when the producer company is well trusted.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.