Discussion created on 10/26/2018

Mycoplasma gallisepticum vaccine

Dear my colleagues I would be grateful if somebody tell me-
1- the advantage of mycoplasma gallisepticum ts-11 vaccine
2- its limitations
3-duration of immunity and when to count it from start of injection , onset of immunity or when the vaccine reach its peak
regard

Anonymous query
Saudi Arabia
Biologist
remove_red_eye 2736 forum 53 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
September 8, 2019

I would like to know if there's any problem if we use antimycoplasmal drug in vaccinated flock ts11 if this result in end the protection of the vaccine and when can I use antibiotic after mg vaccination.

Wijaya Saputra Wijaya Saputra
Veterinary Doctor
August 5, 2020
I have mycoplasma Gallisepticum problem.
DOC layer comes from PS layer infected with MG.
at the age of 1-5 days treated with Tylvalosin, at the age of 15-18 days treated with Tylmicosin and at the age of 28 days an Intraocular application of MG Ts11 vaccine was performed.
Serology monitoring was performed at 10 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks for the purpose of the ELISA MG Test.
Elisa MG 10 weeks: Amean (1918),% Positive: 61%.
Elisa MG 16 weeks: Amean (3549),% Positive: 100%.
ELisa MG 20 weeks: Amean (4114),% Positive: 100%.

There are a number of questions that still hold up for me, namely:
1. Can the MG TS 11 vaccine protect against MG Field ?.
2. Does 100% vaccine positivity mean success in the administration of the vaccine or is there a challenge of infection ?
3. We need to do antimycoplasmic treatment if the Elisa Amean Titers results are < 5000 and 100% positive, if we find 10-15 chickens there are symptoms of sneezing or snoring.

Please advice to me. Thanks.
Kapil Manwal Kapil Manwal
masters in animal nutrition
August 10, 2020
Wijaya Saputra treat the birds with tiamutin @50 mg per kg body weight for two days followed by every 21 days for two times and once it lower down than every thirty days
if you can combine with CTC it would be better
Hany Ellakany Hany Ellakany
Professor and vice dean
August 20, 2020
Dear dr. Wijaya Saputra
Seemingly the ELISA titers are not a vaccine titers, because the ts-11 vaccine titers are never ever rise up to this level in 4 weeks period, they diminish or disappear in 4 weeks period. So these titers are infection.
So you have to give antibiotics, preferably after sensitivity test for the MG if possible, otherwise, give blindly a reputable anti-mycoplasmal one.
?????? ????? ??? ?????? ????? ???
Veterinary Doctor
August 24, 2020
Wijaya Saputra
Dear
according to bio check base line titer MG Elisa titer 1000-3000 and 30-70 serpositive at 6-12 weeks after TS-11 vaccine application so I see this titer and 100 % seopositivity indicate to MG field infection so treat your flock with antimycoplasma and advice you repeat prophylactic anti mycoplasma treatment every 4-6 Weeks
September 13, 2020
Wijaya Saputra
Serology is useless after live vaccination (and probably killed MG vaccination). There are too many normal responses and perhaps these are modulated by factors other than mycoplasma - like using LaSota.
http://www.bioproperties.com.au/!Pages/Publications/Documents/DOC-Bulletin-2015-02.pdf

See the bulletin. But in Australia nearly all broiler breeders have no serological response to ts-11 while overseas it is very variable. And a waste of money. Every ELISA kit manufacturer will tell you that you will see moderate serological response in 4 weeks.

Using antibiotics on high responding flocks will knock back the ts-11 vaccine and diminish immunity.

Cheers
chris
Narayan Banik Narayan Banik
M sc in tropical vet science
August 18, 2020

Tiamutin 45 % could not be used in presence of salinomycin. Maduramycin in feed. However, tilmicocin or tylosin or tylovylosin is potentially good drug against MG in early stages of diseases. Your flocked should good antibody titre against MG. For sneezing or snoring, you can apply anti-cough cough syrup or expectorant available in your areas.

August 20, 2020

When MG antibodies titer become high it will decrease MG shedding & innate immunity increases with age but no value for TS-11 vaccine when 60% +ve field infection another point all live vaccines via drinking water - good climate &low stocking density helpful.

Professor and vice dean
August 20, 2020

What are the advantages and disadvantages of live Mycoplasma vaccines?

Veterinary Doctor
August 24, 2020
Hany Ellakany
welcome Professor
we have three type from live mycoplasma vaccine such as
6-85 strain
F - STRAIN
Ts-11
so advantages and disadvantages Differ from type will used to other , I summarized as general
Efficacy , protection period , displacement field strain , vaccine reaction , safety ,
horizontal and vertical transmission of vaccine strain

thanks
Professor and vice dean
September 1, 2020

Mustafa Ezat Dear Dr. Mostafa
Thank you for your participation
Do you think the vaccines of mycoplasma could be used in separate projects other than the whole country? I mean is it possible to be used on small scale rather than the whole nation? Especially if there is a lack of good and strict biosecurity?

Veterinary Doctor
September 1, 2020
Hany Ellakany
thanks prof. Dr Hany for your discussion
I will share my knowledge in our situation in Saudi Arabia , you know Saudi Arabia is big country and the distance between region and poultry project is very far and bio security procedure is better than applied in Egypt so the discussion according three point related three MG live vaccine
1- lateral transmission
2- vertical or eggs transmission
3- reverse virulence
F- STRAIN is natural moderate virulence for chicken strain have sever vaccine reaction , regarding to lateral transmission of F- STRAIN is detected in few cases within sites and between sites in USA according to OIE so it can transmitted between vaccinated to UN vaccinated birds , but no any published reverse virulence detected for F- STRAIN
TS-11 and 6/85 is artificial attenuated strain , it cant spreed from vaccinated to UN vaccinated birds in some publication vaccinated birds with TS-11 and UN vaccinated birds but separated in pen in same house , not detected vaccine strain in UN vaccinated birds for long periods and regarding to reverse virulence for TS-11 and 6/85 , they are more stable
so it is possible to be used vaccine in separate project with strict bio security measures
lastly MG not air born disuses so mechanical transmission play a big role in infection

thanks
Professor and vice dean
August 21, 2020

What are the advantages and disadvantages of live Mycoplasma vaccines?
Professor and vice dean
September 1, 2020

What do colleagues think about the killed mycoplasma vaccine?

Veterinary Doctor
September 1, 2020
Hany Ellakany
killed or bactrin MG vaccine
can administrated s/c or IM
Induce humoral immunity
reduce the decline eggs production
dont prevent infection due to killed not induce CMI which very important for protection
cant displace field strain
decrease vertical transmission rate
so in my opinion the best practice for protection against MG is Combination killed and live vaccine in high challenge area
and please Professor let me I need know your opinion
September 16, 2020

Well, I think that killed avian mycoplasma vaccines make humoral antibody. In fact, to get registration, they only have to show production of antibody - from the monograph. It is just sort of assumed that it is correlated with protection. So I agree that they can decrease systemic pathology, tracheal populations, vertical transmission but they don't seem to be able to stop infection or vertical transmission. There is no evidence that they provide any protection for progeny and in fact, there is even a suggestion (see Diseases of poultry) that they may prevent some infected embryos from dying and increase vertical transmission - this would not surprise me that MG has worked out how to make the host increase its success.
As for combining live and dead vaccines - it could be that these combinations are antagonistic (Glisson and Kleven 1984). There is a real lack of experimental investigation of live and dead mycoplasma vaccine combinations considering how much is used. Why are there no results of field trials?
I think killed mycoplasma vaccines are an anachronism - live vaccines are clearly more effective and don't have problems like stress, amyloidosis, etc. And they are expensive and have a short duration of immunity.
it would not surprise me if some of the leading market share killed vaccines disappear in the next year. Prediction - you heard it here first.

Wijaya Saputra Wijaya Saputra
Veterinary Doctor
September 1, 2020

Greetings to all colleagues.
Please, I need advice: I want to know what is the most effective way to get rid of Mycoplasma disease in a breeding farm that keeps repeating where the chickens have been infected with mycoplasma disease, besides removing chicken manure, washing the cage and disinfecting the cage and cage equipment. The disinfectants used are Glutaraldehyde & Benzalkonium Chloride. Thank you.

print
(2736)
(53)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved