Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Avian Influenza H9N2 in the Middle East Countries

Published: November 18, 2016
Summary
  Introduction The avian influenza virus (AIV) H9N2 subtype was first characterized in 1966 as causing mild respiratory diseases in turkeys (Homme and Easterday, 1970) and, for the first decade after its isolation, was found only in shorebirds and mallards (Kawaoka, et al., 1988). However, after almost 50-years evolution and propagation, the H9N2 viruses have spread across most of the ea...
Related topics
Authors:
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Husam Bakri
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr. Beny Perelman
7 de abril de 2017
To all friend in Engromix We have been dealing with H9N2 viruses in Israel for more than a decade, the virus became endemic in many areas affecting turkeys, broilers and breeders. the H9N2 virus has changed antigenically during the last 15 years and we have been using inactivated vaccines to reduce the economic damage caused by H9N2 viruses. up to date we have been dealing with 4 different antigenic groups and to provide best protection you need to use to produce the vaccines the new isolates that are closest to the wild virus . Maternal antibodies when very high may cause a delay on the production of protective ab titers so we vaccinate not before 12-14 days of age when maternal antibodies are going down. in breeders and layers vaccinated two or three times the protection is very good
Dlkko Umaru
7 de abril de 2017
I got the Avian influenza HBN2 prevention and cure formula with natural vaccine,i conducted a very crucial research in order to help the world solve this problem for poultry farmers and it woks perfectly because this year none of my chickens get infected or sick neither dead ,am not a scientist or vet doctor but i dedicated my time to achieve this development so on this i call all the global vet doctors to join head with me to save the global poultry industries you can reach me on my mail dikkogroup@gmail.com
thulasiram.
Srinivasa Group
8 de abril de 2017
Sir, Pls share the vaccine details
SalahEldeen Alaghbash
9 de abril de 2017
This is great. Can you elaborate on what you did
SOHAN LAL ARORA
9 de abril de 2017
Dear Mr.Dilko, Would you please share the subject vaccine.details to control Avian Influenza H9N2 in Middle East Countries. Thanks, Regards Arora S L Technical Consulatant
HON FATT HO
9 de abril de 2017
For countries that do not allow vaccination, eg Thailand, how do they keep the countries free from AI. Perhaps our colleagues from Thailand can share with us their valuable experience DR HO, International Freelance Veterinary & Livestock Consultant, Singapore
Abdelaziz Abdelfatah Abdelmotii Ebrahim
9 de abril de 2017

I think avian influenza h9n2 is very dangerous disease when appears in area that infectous bronchitis is endemic
From my experience in dealing with virus is to vaccinate the layer to obtain good maternal lmmunity
Thank you

Dr. ABDULHAMEED JIMOH
9 de abril de 2017
Avian influenza is a global problem and the earlier it is treated with global attention the better. The most important issue now is for scientist to read science into herbal medicine. The only problem with herbal medicine is not the efficacy but the fact that such efficacy has not been scientifically proved. For how long do we continue like this. Even human viral diseases like HIV and HBV have herbal cure. I think the world should rally round Mr Dikko Umaru and get a permanent solution to this problem. Nigeria has been seriously devastated by this epidemic over the years and affected farmers have not been compensated has promised by government. This zoonotic disease must be seriosouly dealt with on time.
Dlkko Umaru
9 de abril de 2017
Am fully ready for any veterinary medicine company to invite me for the test of my formula call (DKKOLOCYN VACCINE) for the treat and prevent Avian influenza.
Nimer Natsheh
10 de abril de 2017

To all our friends on Engormix,
in Jordan (JOVAC) we are dealing with H9N2 virus since 2000. The first isolate and vaccine produced in JOVAC in 2004 from that date we are doing surveillance in the Middle-east for any change in Antigen characters so that we produce vaccines for each area according to Antigen specification. At the same time, we produced a new vaccine strain isolated in 2012 for Jordan according to the antigenic changes, so we are dealing now with 2 antigen groups to provide best protection.
Dr. Nimer Natsheh
Vet. vaccines and poultry consultant
Jordan Bio-Industries Center (JOVAC)

Mohamed Swelam
12 de abril de 2017

Dear Dr. Hussam Bakri;
Bases on your experience in the Middle East and avian flu (H9) problems, I would like to inquire about the effect of H9 on production in commercial layer flocks and whether the effect is different according to the age of production.
By the way, is the negative effect of the respiratory vaccination in the presence of H9 has the same response In the sense of the existence of H9 whether the vaccination by using clone or lasota vaccine.

Dr Mustafa Ezat
Dr Mustafa Ezat
13 de abril de 2017

Dear Husam
Thank you for your great effort.
1- What about recombinant vaccination against AI and which best inactivated vaccine or recombinant vaccination?
2- Inactivated vaccine at 7 days need at least 3 weeks to achieve protective immunity and AI influenza field infection in most cases at 18-24 days so may be filed infection come before complete immunity and also if injection at 0 day old chicks will interfere with MDA and delaying seroconversion and immunity what do?

Thanks.

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
13 de abril de 2017
Dear Mohammed , Yes AI infection is playing a role in respiratory vaccines response. From our experience in the filed the most important point is before the flock comes to the production having good immunity against AI as most of the flock has been infected on the way to peak. All the best Bakri
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
13 de abril de 2017
Dear Ezat, 1- Recombinant vaccine are good in general not just for AI and it will be future of the vaccines . 2- Yes I agree killed vaccine need time to get immunity from it , but what we can do as we can not use AI live vaccine. As live vaccines in general give fast immunity. That why good biosecurity need to protect birds from early infection not just AI also other diseases . All the best Bakri
Dr Muhammad Siddique
15 de abril de 2017

Dear sir, I want to ask you a question, that is there any link with that we have to shake well the killed vaccine vial during vaccinating the birds, for every ten minutes to get good titer. Or shaking the vial homogenized the killed vaccine virus?

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de abril de 2017

Dear Mohammed,
First thank you for your question. Yes shak the killed vaccines is important during the vaccination, but also the most important is the type and quality of adjuvants is playing big role in the antigen distribution that why even if you shak the vaccine during the vaccination frequently you still not getting homoginsity in immune response if the quality of the adjuvant not good.

All the best

Bakri

Dr.turki Sarakbi
Sarvet Poultry
16 de abril de 2017

Could you please advise the distribution of H9N2 in Middle East countries. Thanks

Mohamed Swelam
16 de abril de 2017

Dr.Hossam; I send you questions related to your post but no answer.

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de abril de 2017
Dear Mohamed, I am sorry the below is my email : Husam_bakri@hotmail.com Mobile : 00962795553703 All the best
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de abril de 2017

Dear Dr. Turki,
Hope you are doing well. AI H9N2 is present in most of the Middle East and North Africa countries and most of them using the vaccine to control the disease.

All the best

Bakri

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister