Video information
See more
remove_red_eye 6240 forum 88 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Saifur Rahaman Saifur Rahaman
DVM, MS(Pharmacology) also Commonwealth Executive-MBA
July 23, 2021
Betaine work as osmoregulation, but how it is work as choline?
Ana Gavrӑu Ana Gavrӑu
Global Technical Product Manager
August 4, 2021
Dear Saifur Rahaman,

The role of Choline in the methylation cycle, more exactly in the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine, is fulfilled by Betaine, becasue Choline needs to be converted first, via two steps into Betaine, and only then can act as a methyl group donor. Therefore, Betaine as a methyl group donor is more efficient than choline, because it can donate the needed methyl group directly via the enzyme BHMT, without any metabolic conversion step.
We do not question the role of choline, we say that there is enough native choline in the feed materials to fulfill the other functions of choline for phospholipid synthesis and formation of acethyl choline.
All best and kind regards,
Ana Gavrau
August 5, 2021
When I was studying at the university, the subject "biological chemistry" (1971) already mentioned the relationship between betaine and methionine. But in turn, also in nutritional terms in poultry farming, methionine could be interconverted into cystine and vice versa. Choline also appeared as a methyl donor. My experience in this question is that it is a metabolic question where it is not clear what the needs of each particular thing are, if it is not taken as a whole. I must clarify that the professionals of animal nutrition, in our country, do not have the means for such research. So let's do what we can. Also all these substances, which are usually used as liver protectors, are administered together with INOSITOL. I apologize for my english from google translator.

MOSES BAHAGO MOSES BAHAGO
Student
August 15, 2021
Good observation though.
It is equally important to note that such additives must be carefully added to avoid abnormality in the poultry performance
October 11, 2021
Feather picking can be reduced by adding 1 to 2 kg of of Mg and checking the DEB balance.
Mike Stahl Mike Stahl
Poultry manager
October 11, 2021

John Wills, Ph
Thanks, John

what source of mg would you recommend, mostly for layers.

October 12, 2021

Mike Stahl,

Check your fiber, sodium levels as well.

October 12, 2021
Currently MgO
November 5, 2021
Betaine HCl and Betaine andhydrous; what happend when I use Betaine HCL replace Betaine Andhydrous in Poultry; Wet-dropping can be; Please help me!
Dr Piotr Stanislawski Dr Piotr Stanislawski
Nutritionist
DSM DSM
November 7, 2021
Thang Le- you should not to notice any difference with proper recalculation betaine inclusion
Anhydrous is noticed to be slightly better for osmotic stress because of its polarisation
Correct a bit Cl in your feed If required for proper electrolitic balance
November 8, 2021
Thank you so much, Dr Piotr Stanislawski!
print
(6240)
(88)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Copyright © 1999-2021 Engormix - All Rights Reserved