Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

IBV Variants in the Middle East

Published: September 2, 2016
Summary
Introduction Infectious bronchitis (IB) virus, first described in the 1930s (Schalk & Hawn, 1931), continues to be a major cause of disease in chickens of all ages and types in all parts of the world (Anon, 1988, 1991). Good quality vaccines have been available to control IB infections since the 1950s. However, despite their careful use, IB continues to be a major problem. One reason for t...
Related topics
Authors:
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
11 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr. Ahmed , First I wish you and your family eid Mubarak . 1- Countries from North Africa were included in this study . 2- I agree totally with you that 12.50 still high , but if you see how much in both farm was 30 % and 35% and it went down to 5% after 3 cycles which more than 60%. I am sure you agree with me this great results for the farms producing more than 5 million / cycle . 3- Also BW and FCR haven improved compeer to the time when the IB was playing a role. 4- tests we did was PCR and HI tests . Samplex was blood and swabs for FTA cards from respiratory organs and cucal tonsils . 5- if you did not get the same results from the same program 100% you have some thing els playing a role which will not be cover from this vaccination program ( other disease ) . 6- I agree with you killed vaccine with multi strains will help to give good MDA , but also we need the live vaccines at early age to get good local protection as so far no body knows how the IB challenge . Again happy eid to you and your family
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
13 de septiembre de 2016
For the IB Variant vaccines, the following vaccines have been used and the results are very satisfactory:- Nobilis IB 4 91 from Intervet (MSD) at DAY OLD at the Hatchery IBIRD from CEVA at DAY OLD at the Hatchery They have been used especially in the BROILERS.
Iman Hamedi
13 de septiembre de 2016
the survey was so useful ..... like u said ..we have been using ib4/91 plus ma5 as spraying route in a day old broilers for almost 2 years and since then have not encountered with any seious challenge in ours ..... but the only problem with this two straine is . they dont cover variant 2 straines ..so sometimes this can be problematic
Dr Kotaiah Talapaneni
Indbro Research & Breeding Farms
13 de septiembre de 2016
The fillowing program is followed in india. Mostly open sided houses and varying out side temperatures. Vulnarable to exposure. Vaccination of breeders with killed variants (as many ascpossible) is helping. Broilers are being vaccinated with milder strains like h120 and ma5. Mostly on day 1 and day 16 depending on the necessity. Breeders and layers are being boosted with live ma5 once in 8 weeks ( some times even 4weeks, ) through drinking water without any negative effects and with posive results.
Poultry Mania
14 de septiembre de 2016
Dear DR. Banik It not not wise dicision using Ma5 strain at 90 days & 17 week. some IB strain are persists a long period of time in poultry populatio & birds struggle their production. You have need further study to use other strain.
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
14 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr. Iman , Thank you for your comments . MSD recently done challenge study using Ma+4/91 at day one and challenge the birds with Var2 at 14 days 5 days after challenge we evaluated the ciliostasis it was 100% protected and also after 42 days we changed them also with Var 2 , 5 days later protection was 100% according to ciliostasis test portrayed . That why we are have very good results from this vaccination program even in the farms we have found var2 on it .
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
14 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Ramzan , Thank you for your comments and I wish you and your family eid mubark . Ma5 is safe vaccine to be use during production , that why 95% from breeder and layer flocks in our are using this vaccine without any issue , Have good day
Bouayad
14 de septiembre de 2016
cher confrere la ciliostase n'est pas en lui meme un test fiable le test elisa et evaluer les titres apres une vaccination je ne sait pas si vous aviez fait en per os ou en nebulisation et apres combien de fois et est ce que vous avez soumis les poulet a une infection experimentale ou vous avez estimer cela vers la fin de bande les gazs dans le batiment et quelques autres virus a tropisme respirt provoque des lesions sur les cils vibratoires l'elisa pour moi et le seul test fiable surtout s'il est specifique d'une souche et permet d'evaluer l'umunite humorale apres vaccination et aussi un probable passage virale
Md. Zahid Hossain
15 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your efforts. i have few question in my mind i'm also work in RT- PCR. 1.in your flock you use live IB vaccine how you differentiate the vaccine strain & field strain. 2.Have you isolated the IB variant strain. 3.Have you perform the Gene Sequencing or Phylogenetic tree analysis..
Ahmed Sayed Hamouda
15 de septiembre de 2016
Thank you very much Dr.Hosam Bakri for you explanation and your nice Eid greetings,Iam accepting all of your results and I know the situation in gulf area,the situation needs contentious surveillance to monitor the prevalent pathotypes and always design a tailor made vaccination programs. Best wishes for you and your family.
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Zahid , First thank you for your questions and the below is my reply : 1- regarding IB viruants strains as they were not used in the vaccination program , it was easy for us to know it is field strain not vaccine strains . Regarding Mass. Strain we were considering them vaccine starin . For your information xovo lab can differantate between vaccine and filed strain . In you need the lab contact I can provide it to you. 2- yes fore sure we did it many times . 3- yes we did for every isolation. Have a nice week end and do not hesitate to contact me any time for more information
Neel Siriwardana
16 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr Husam, you mean that Ma+4/91 vaccine is available on MSD?
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Bouayd , Thank you for your comments. The below is my reply. 1- Ciliostasis test is one from the tests most of the R&D lab are using to evaluate the virus pathogenicity in SPF chicken. We can not ignore it. 2- Elisa test is ok for as first step , but HI , VN and PCR testes we are using to know the sub serotypes which more important to know which serotype is playing a role . 3- I totally agree with you management and house conditions are very important to get good results from the vaccine. Vaccine can not do all jobs , vaccine is part from the solution not all the solution. 4- my study is field study not lab study, which more effective to the realty , fortunately results meet customers expectation. We are saying let chicken talk . Hope I could reply to all your comments as this what I understood from Google translation as you are using France . All the best and feel free to contact me any time for more info . Have a nice week end. Bakri
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Neel , Yes it is but it is it combined . Using both vaccines in separated Vilas is approved in efficasy and safety .
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
16 de septiembre de 2016
Sorr it is not combined I meant
Dr. Mohamed Siddig
17 de septiembre de 2016
Many thanks to Dr. Husam Bakri ( MSD ) - As we all know - Avian influenza strain H9 - , is endemic in the middle east area . I think we need to discuss & rule out the - Role of the presence of Avian Influenza H9 strain - on failure of vaccinations against I.B - Variants & Newcastle diseases , . . . (Interference & Immune suppression , . . .ect )
R.n.som
17 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr,Husam Bakri,, Thanks for the update,, i hv few observations from my exp in Poultry ind in India for more than 28 yrs ,, A) IB virus belong to Corona Group & hv many variants by this time even in India B) Chickens are very susceptible C) spread airborne route D) IB is triggering factors for many diseases like C.R.D which is very rampant in broiler ( commercial flock) E) IB -virulent strain might even permanently damage the oviduct & become false layers in later life in Layers F) below 6 w mortality could reach upto 30% G) Prevention : early vaccination by Live attenuated (variant ) vacc & then killed vaccine with Reo H) booster vaccination of IB live is indicated Best protection is avl thr early vaccination ie during day Zero / one & booster ,,then thr killed IB vaacine Isolation of the virus could be of use for further study and nature of symptoms ,, thanks & regards,, R.N.SOM ,, +919836596681.INDIA ,, ritensom@yahoo.in Consultant-( Dairy & Poul ) ,, Calcutta ,, INDIA.
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
17 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr. Siddig , First happy eid to you and your family. Absolutely you are right these 2 diseases are challenging the poultry industry in our regain also in Asia regain . In all our advice we have never ignored AI OR ND to have high priority in control program other wise we will not have been able to control the problem ( like we are closing the door and we are the windo open ) we have discovered that IB results in more damages when with AI or ND compered when it is IB alone . Therefore we are advising our customers to look to the problem as package and not to ignore any of them even when only one of them showing the problem . All the best and have a nice day. Please feel free to contact me any time Bakri
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
17 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr. Som , Thank you for your feedback it is very useful for all of us and it is highly appreciated . I fully agree with all your comments , that why due to may variant strains recently playing a role and not easy to produce vaccines for them in short term. Now a days most of the countries using vaccines available in the market can give good cross protection against the new variant strains. MSD did cross protection studies in in SPF chicken for more than 30 variant strains has been detected over the world by using Ma5 and 4/91 results were very good from this combination. in 2006 we have faced QX challenge in our area we have control it by using Ma5+4/91 at day old with excellent results. All the best Bakri
Princes Ola
17 de septiembre de 2016
Yes.sure
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister