Poultry Deep Litter System

Forum: Poultry Deep Litter System- Benefits and Hurdles

Published on: 06/07/2011
Author/s : Ganesh Kumar Dahal
The deep litter method is one sustainable method of managing chicken litter in the poultry farming that many small poultry entrepreneurs use. In the deep litter method, farmers get following benefit: It does not take a lot of time to manage. It ends up into compost manure - the high nitrogen manure is "Green". Devoid of cage fatigue. It´s safe and bird enjoy natural env...
remove_red_eye 20670 forum 41 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
June 27, 2018
Dear Mr. Dahal,
Thank you very much for your information on Liiteron.
We are unable to contact you on your cell number.
Ganesh Kumar Dahal Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Managing Director MDH Pharmaceuticals Pvt.Ltd.
June 28, 2018

Dr.C.S.Bedi Sir, Nowadays I'm in Nepal. Thanks. GKD

June 27, 2018
Very interesting.would use of fertilizer help in conditioning the litter?
Ganesh Kumar Dahal Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Managing Director MDH Pharmaceuticals Pvt.Ltd.
June 28, 2018
I think you are indicating towards Phosphates which are commonly used as fertilizer for agriculture. Phosphorous (P) has often been over-applied to agricultural fields. Over time, this has caused a buildup of P in soils to values well above those required for optimum crop yields. This is a concern because increased soil P levels can contribute to a greater risk of P leaching (drain away from soil to ground water) to the environment (Sims et al., 2000) and lead to ecological problems, such as eutrophication of surface waters (Sharpley et al., 2003).
So avoid using such chemicals to save environment.
Thanks,
GKD
ONU ELOCHUKWU ONU ELOCHUKWU
Poultry farmer
June 28, 2018
Please is it proper, for those into pullets rearing, to leave their litter for up to three months before packing them.
June 28, 2018
Thanks. Very helpful advice.
July 5, 2018

This is very correct. A lot of downgraded broiler products are due to poor management of the litter.

shujat ali shujat ali
M. Sc (hons) animal husbandry
July 5, 2018

Mr d k Mahal
This product is very helpful for farmers in Pakistan, as such product is not available here. How can it be available in Pakistan.

shujat ali shujat ali
M. Sc (hons) animal husbandry
July 5, 2018
Sir
Or any other alternate product, you can suggest, which can lower the ph of litter.
October 19, 2018

I want to reuse my old litter for my broiler small farm. Is that Liiteron is good enough to control and prevent ammonia, harmful pathogens and other insects problems?

print
(20670)
(41)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Forum: Poultry Deep Litter System- Benefits and Hurdles?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Rudolf Hein
Rudolf Hein
Consultant Micobiologist
  Georgetown, Delaware, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved