Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry Litter and ammonia control

Poultry Deep Litter System- Benefits and Hurdles

Published: May 26, 2011
Summary
The deep litter method is one sustainable method of managing chicken litter in the poultry farming that many small poultry entrepreneurs use. In the deep litter method, farmers get following benefit: It does not take a lot of time to manage. It ends up into compost manure - the high nitrogen manure is "Green". Devoid of cage fatigue. It´s safe and bird enjoy natu...
Related topics
Authors:
Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr.C.S.Bedi
Guybro Chemical
27 de junio de 2018
Dear Mr. Dahal, Thank you very much for your information on Liiteron. We are unable to contact you on your cell number.
Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
28 de junio de 2018

Dr.C.S.Bedi Sir, Nowadays I'm in Nepal. Thanks. GKD

Paul Wagura
27 de junio de 2018
Very interesting.would use of fertilizer help in conditioning the litter?
Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
28 de junio de 2018
I think you are indicating towards Phosphates which are commonly used as fertilizer for agriculture. Phosphorous (P) has often been over-applied to agricultural fields. Over time, this has caused a buildup of P in soils to values well above those required for optimum crop yields. This is a concern because increased soil P levels can contribute to a greater risk of P leaching (drain away from soil to ground water) to the environment (Sims et al., 2000) and lead to ecological problems, such as eutrophication of surface waters (Sharpley et al., 2003). So avoid using such chemicals to save environment. Thanks, GKD
ONU ELOCHUKWU
28 de junio de 2018
Please is it proper, for those into pullets rearing, to leave their litter for up to three months before packing them.
Paul Wagura
28 de junio de 2018
Thanks. Very helpful advice.
IGANYA SAMSON
5 de julio de 2018

This is very correct. A lot of downgraded broiler products are due to poor management of the litter.

shujat ali
5 de julio de 2018

Mr d k Mahal
This product is very helpful for farmers in Pakistan, as such product is not available here. How can it be available in Pakistan.

shujat ali
5 de julio de 2018
Sir Or any other alternate product, you can suggest, which can lower the ph of litter.
David Lalnunhlima
19 de octubre de 2018

I want to reuse my old litter for my broiler small farm. Is that Liiteron is good enough to control and prevent ammonia, harmful pathogens and other insects problems?

Rakesh Kumar
28 de agosto de 2019
Very good information on Deep litters farming and how to manage litter. Everyone one give best knowledge.
Okeke Daniel
15 de junio de 2020
I want to know the characteristics of deep litter system
Adeyonu Michael  olubayo
13 de septiembre de 2021

Thanks for the enlightenment
Please, can this literon be used in cage system to control odour and where can we get it? If, a distributor is interested in importing, can he get it?

Odigiri Emmanuel
27 de octubre de 2021
can we have this litter sanitiser in Abuja, Nigeria? Pls direct us further on this
Dr.C.S.Bedi
Guybro Chemical
27 de octubre de 2021
Mr. Odigiri Emmanuel Re. ; LIITERON – The Litter Conditioner We are pleased to confirm we will definitely supply to your country – Liiteron The Litter Conditioner in bags of 25 Kg. Please let us know number of Broilers & Layers on the deep litter to help us to work out the quantity & quote the rates in USD. Kindly let us know your nearest port for shipment. Liiteron is readily available for immediate shipment.
Odigiri Emmanuel
27 de octubre de 2021
Dr.C.S.Bedi Thanks for your prompt response. May I be obliged the price of a 25kg of the Liiteron litter conditioner sir?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister