Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Content sponsored by:
Evonik Animal Nutrition

Effects of dietary sulfur amino acid levels in broilers challenged with Eimeria spp

Published: July 1, 2019
Dr. Rose Whelan, Senior Manager Animal Physiology Research at Evonik Animal Nutrition. sums up the main points of her presentation titled `Effects of dietary sulfur amino acid levels on growth performance and intestinal antibody production in broilers challenged with Eimeria spp´., during ESPN 2019 in Poland.
Related topics
Authors:
Rose Whelan
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Carlos de la Cruz Sierra
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Mehdi Toghyani
29 de julio de 2019
Hi, Was TSAA added independently or in the concept of ideal AA ratio? Thanks, Mehdi
Rose Whelan
Evonik Animal Nutrition
6 de agosto de 2019
Hi Mehdi Toghyani , Thanks for your question. The TSAA was added independently to the diets by increasing DL-methionine inclusion. The M+C:Lys ratio therefore increased with the increasing supplementation levels. Best regards, Rose
Ram Singh
6 de agosto de 2019

Addition of sulfur amino acid like methionine to feed contaminated with aflatoxin improved production performance in poultry. Addition of methionine in diet helps to increase hepatic glutathione (GSH) concentration, which may aid to protect liver against aflatoxicosis.
Dr. Ram Singh Bibyan

Rose Whelan
Evonik Animal Nutrition
6 de agosto de 2019
Hi Dr. Ram Singh Bibyan , Very interesting finding! If there is a citation for the work that you could share I would be interested to read further. Best regards, Rose
Ram Singh
6 de agosto de 2019

Hi Rose, I have conducted several experiments on "Amelioration of aflatoxicosis in poultry" involving various ameliorating agents including methionine and methionine hydroxy analogue. Based on a decade's long research on "Management of Mycotoxicosis in Poultry", I formulated two Toxin Binders, namely, Mycodetox B1 and Mycodetox B2. The efficacy of these two products was evaluated in Chickens, Turkeys and Quails and it was found that both the binders completely ameliorated the ill effects of aflatoxicosis in tested species and were equally efficacious in ameliorating aflatoxicosis.

HOSNA HAJATI
14 de agosto de 2019
Fantastic Would you mind please sharing some of your observations in those trials? Regards,
Diapk
27 de julio de 2023
Ram Sing,pls share the composition of your two products
Abdul malek
United Feeds Ltd
18 de agosto de 2019
Dear Dr. Ram Singh Thanks for sharing your findings and it will be helpful. I am interested to your formulated two Toxin Binders, namely, Mycodetox B1 and Mycodetox B2. Would you pls share me the details of these products? Thanking You
TOKASI
18 de agosto de 2019

The best way for prevention of Aflatoxins from fungi is controlling of humidity and oxygen in animal feed by O3 and organic Acids. The other ways are secondary importance.

be success
mv-tokasi

Syed Farjad Zaidi
20 de julio de 2020

It's an important topic as the toxins are on the rise all around the world reasons are many. Our concern is how to control these toxins through different strategies other than conventional toxin binders. More discussions should be brought forward like the one discussed above.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister