Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry manure in layer nutrition

Published: March 14, 2014
By: Philippe Joly

Dear All, I have visited a big farm in Peru, La Callera, using Layer Manure to feed layers. The level was more than 5%. My questions are the following:

1. Do you have the experience of the use of poultry manure to feed poultry?
2. What is nutritional values of the Layer manure?
3. What are the risk for Layers and consumers?
4. Which could be the maximum level?

Thank you

Related topics
Authors:
Philippe Joly
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Maheswar Rath
12 de noviembre de 2014
yes, i have seen reactions to my view on uses of poultry manure in poultry ration as an ingredients. well i feel there is no welfare point is involved as i do not say advance poultry science do violate any poultry welfare norm rather i say group of people on this planet do enjoy by making such welfare group office and take up unnecessary issues against poultry growth. I am sure on this planet poultry eggs and meats are not dispensable as human food products rather we can make new schemes to protect carnivorous wild populations in our present age jungles by supplying our poultry meets through control breeding and production programs and save getting wild animal extincts. So welfare groups should know poultry like chicken has tremendous potency to prevent hunger for human beings and animals depending on meat eating due to very small gestation period and early sexual maturity, good fcr and well developed embryological studies for hatching programs. However there are always many such options are still available for the present thoughts and poultry nutrition or ration can be formulated with many more such items which have nutritive values and we do not recommend for use as feed for animal. No one can prevent any thought if producer and consumers are satisfied but scientists would differ all the time on nutritional feed ingredients unless it is made commercial and widely accepted . Let us wait and see how dairy cows sustain such items and taste acceptance by milk consumers. thank you for all sir. dr rathm
PAULINO ABAD
13 de noviembre de 2014
Very interesting topic for discussion, mixing broiler manure to layer rations were done by students of the College of Veterinary Medicine - UP Diliman way back in the early 80's as undergrad thesis, there were studies on various levels of inclusion, proximate analysis, and bacterial isolation. These were done after subjecting the broiler manure to natural fermentation process. i have lost track of its development after the lead Professor passed away a few years later. You may wish to check on these papers through the UPCVM website, i think they can help you in this regard.
Oscar Briceño
13 de noviembre de 2014
I read at the last FEED INTERNATIONAL In the Mix by Jackie Roembke about The buzz about insects in animal feed. She says " Acording to PROtelINSECTs survey of more than 1,300 respondents acroos 71 countries, 66% felt fly larvae is a suitable source of protein for animal feed, however, more than half (52.4 % ) would be put off eating fishchicken or pork fed on a diet containing insect protein" because they dont know enough about it. Comments please
James Lackspur M. Bayron
14 de noviembre de 2014
this facts is very helpful and thanks to sir badr to share the manure dried composition.
Dr. Venkatachalam Ramaswamy
15 de noviembre de 2014
Ref: Poultry manure as feed ingredient for layers Sir, I don't think it will serrve any purpose by supplying nutrients except probably insect protein as mentioned. The manure unless treated may have pathogenic microorganisms whcih may result in disease outbreaks. Thanks, Dr. V. Ramaswamy, Coimbatore, India,
Sergio Velez
Alimentos CCR
15 de noviembre de 2014
I think it would be definite if we could have a little more expanded and details of use from the people of LA CALLERA the layer farm in peru. Could we? It would be appreciated.
Oscar Briceño
15 de noviembre de 2014
Sergio: If you want to know some of the topic we are discussing, send me a mail to oscarbri@gmail.com and i will send you all the information that i can give you All the discussion generated by professor Jolie I believe for me has been tremendous beneficious and i learned a lot. Thanks for all the scientific people that do his comments
Danka Maslic-Strizak
17 de noviembre de 2014
Dear all, Hens and broilers are highly productive animals and their products intended for human nutrition. People eat eggs and chicken meat as a "medicinal" foods. Independently of the nutritional "quality" of feces think that highly productive animals deserve to eat the food of good quality and especially I think that people should not only for profit, and expose animals and humans health risks. The nature of any animal species eat specific nutrients but not one species does not eat his feces.
Sadeq Al-maswari
10 de diciembre de 2014
it is usefull to more than 5% but less than 10% these findings you can find them at the research carried by the dep. of animal nutrition at assiut university - Egypt
Aoun Khan
22 de diciembre de 2014
ITis a brainstorming discussion .......................5%inclusion of layer manure does not hv a very high amount of savings .............as a production man i would say healthy ingredients should b provided to the birds for healthy foods
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister