Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

IBV Variants in the Middle East

Published: September 2, 2016
Summary
Introduction Infectious bronchitis (IB) virus, first described in the 1930s (Schalk & Hawn, 1931), continues to be a major cause of disease in chickens of all ages and types in all parts of the world (Anon, 1988, 1991). Good quality vaccines have been available to control IB infections since the 1950s. However, despite their careful use, IB continues to be a major problem. One reason for t...
Related topics
Authors:
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Md. Zahid Hossain
18 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Sir, Thank you very much.
salehi kahrizsangi
18 de septiembre de 2016
Thanks for all the useful notes, what is the best vaccination Programe against Ibv in Broilers? What is you Suggestion?
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
18 de septiembre de 2016
Salam, We are advising the following vaccination program to cover ND , IB and AI sure gumboro is included but the time of Gumboro vaccination deepened on MDA: - Day one Ma5+Clone30 Spray course ND+AI killed at day one. 14-16 days Clone30+IB 4/91 spray. The above vaccination program gave excellent results. We do have emergency vaccination program against IB specially when we get variant IB at early age we advise the following: MA5+4/91 at day one Ma5+Clone30 at day 14 . Hope this will help you according to your area. All the best Bakri
salehi kahrizsangi
18 de septiembre de 2016

Hello, thanks a million, of course it would be useful, I am a poultry clinician in Iran, whenever you take a trip over her just call and I am at your service. Thanks again for you guide.

Daoud  Assaf
18 de septiembre de 2016
Well Received, and thanks
Dr. Mohamed Siddig
18 de septiembre de 2016
Dear, Dr. Husam Bakri - ( M SD) - The ProtectotypeTM Concept may not give full protection in the event of the presence of a complex of mixed strains of .I.B variants . I think why not to include extra I.B variant vaccines with homologous strains prevalent in the area to the program to broaden/ increase the level of protection .
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
18 de septiembre de 2016
Salam Dr. We have done more than 30 cross protraction study with 30 variants strain are playing a role over the world incloding Middle East . Results showed very good protection level for these strains . We strongly believe that program can give very good results . The most important is to control other diseases are playing a role . All the best Bakri
Nisar Ahmed
8 de septiembre de 2019

Husam Bakri
Assalam O Alykum Sir, I have a question what is droplet size of IB vaccines during Coarse and Fine spray method? Thanks in advance.

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
10 de septiembre de 2019
Nisar Ahmed thank you for your question. Usually we are recommended drop size 100-300 mile microns. Less than 100 mm gives fine .
Dr. Mohamed Siddig
19 de septiembre de 2016
Good Morning , Dr. Husam Bakri -( MSD ) - Many thanks for your immediate response . Kindly requested to provide us ( if possible) with those cross protection studies of I.B variants done in Emirates ( if any ), with kind regards
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
19 de septiembre de 2016
Salam alekum , For sure I will just send me your email ASAP you will get them . Have a nice day
Badal Singh
19 de septiembre de 2016
Thank u sir for given the guidelines for variant IB Dr Badal Singh India
Dr. Mohamed Siddig
19 de septiembre de 2016
Thanks a lot for your kindness & good will , Dr. Bakri , my e - mail reads as follows : msiddig50@hotmail.com , with best wishes ...
Ahmed Sayed Hamouda
19 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr Hosam , Thank you very much for your valuable programming please try to contact me on private e mail drashamouda52@yahoo for discussing something about the vaccination program. Regards, Dr Hamouda
Dr. Mohamed Saif
20 de septiembre de 2016
I agree with Dr Hussam Bakri and his suggested program
Dr. Mohamed Saif
20 de septiembre de 2016

Dr Hussam's program is the same as our results in 2013 research results in Animal Health Research Institute - Reference laboratory for Quality control on Poultry production in Egypt
our study was done on isolates isolated from 19 governorates
regards

Dr. Mohamed Saif, PhD
Director of NLQP - AHRI, Gamasa Lab.
Researcher of Virology & Immunology
National Laboratory of Quality control of Poultry production
Animal Health Research Institute - Egypt

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
21 de septiembre de 2016
Dear Dr. Mohamed , Thank you for comments . Great work All the best Bakri
Dr. Mohamed Siddig
21 de septiembre de 2016

Good day, Dr. H Bakri: AI H9 is endemic in the area, I think it is playing a role in hindering ND & I.B variants - vaccinations ( i.e vaccines failures ) , due to high pressure in the field early exposure to the virus leads to interference & immune - suppression , in that situation advice on bio-security is a high priority & not to blame vaccines & vaccinations.
Regards.

Dr. Mohamed Siddig
21 de septiembre de 2016

Dear Dr. Husam Bakri, appreciate your efforts.

Thanks & Regards.

Nikkiee Nicole Kara
Nikkiee Nicole Kara
15 de octubre de 2016
Contact Akuranji Ayurveda Quick Clear on www.akuranjiherbalhome.tk for fast and quick solution to any incurable disease or viral infection.
Bahram ataei naeini
17 de octubre de 2016

Thank you, Dr. Hussam Bakri. What is your idea about use 4./91 or 4/91+clon30 in 1 day old? Isn't this strong for 1 day old or we can do? What is your idea about reverse vaccine strain to wild strain with high usage of ib vaccines?

Broiler clinician/ bahram ataei /iran-esfahan-naei.

Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
18 de octubre de 2016
Dear Dr. Bahram , First thank you very much for your comment and question. 1- Using IB 4/9 + Clone30 at day one 100% is ok . in the middle east we are using it since we started to have early IB variant challenge as you know ND also is challenging at early age that why they need to cover IB and ND from the first day. 2- As you know vaccines before be in the market , safety study is one from the major point has to be clear to avoid the point you mentioned and I am sure most of the good companies do that . Hope I could cover your points. All the best Bakri
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister