Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Vaccines against Gumboro disease

Vaccines and vaccinations against Gumboro disease: the key points

Published: September 29, 2011
Summary
Introduction Gumboro Disease, more properly called Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD), is one of the most important viral diseases of chickens. The virus responsible for this condition (IBDV) can be found in almost all farms and countries. Many studies have already been conducted on this disease but more are still needed to better understand the consequences of the genetic and antigenic va...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr Yannick Gardin
Poultry Veterinary Study Group of de EU (PVSGEU)
Follow
Vilmos Palya
Poultry Veterinary Study Group of de EU (PVSGEU)
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr.hashim Ahmed Mohamed
7 de marzo de 2013

Dear Colleague
Thank you all for this informative disscusion

Gumboro disease is a major threat to poultry industry especially in developing countries like my country Sudan. It is good practice to exchange ideas and comment and upgrade our know how. My field experience is although vaccinating the broiler birds with intermediate vaccine according to Elisa prediction date in day 8 and day 16 I noticed increased mortality start 2-3 day after second vaccination dose provided that the health status of the flock was excellent and mortality before second dose is less than 2 % 

Your comment

Emad Elgazzar
AL WADI POULTRY FARMS COMPANY
8 de marzo de 2013
Dear Dr.Hashim The increasing of mortality for how meny days and is thier any signs of whitish dirrhea mucoid and what is the rate of mortality,
Dr Khuram Shafi
Zoetis
11 de marzo de 2013

Dear Dr Saquib,
Dr Ramzee said the right observation, IBD can leed to Reo causing lameness?/

SUNDAY MTUNTENI
1 de enero de 2014
ON HOW VACCINATION OF IBD AND ITS ROUTE OF TRANSMISSION MAY BE APPLIED
Farook Kahloon
27 de enero de 2014
Dear Veterinarians, Whole discussion on IBD is captivating.Especially Dr Yannick Gardin keep it up with such type of elaboration.
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
10 de marzo de 2015
Dear Dr Gardin I have few questions regarding ICX vaccine. 1. By the argument expressed in favor of Tranmune IBD , any live vaccine virus administered at any age of MDA carrying chick should become antibody ( MDA ) bound and internalized by the macrophage and be released at appropriate time ( low MDA ). 2. How an immune complexed virus inside the macrophage can determine the right time for sufficient decline of MDA and come out of hiding according to MDA level of individual chick, ( amusing observation). 3. Why antibody bound ( immune complexed ) virus is not eliminated from the system as a normal immune function of active immunity and is ingested by the macrophage. 4. Many manufacturers ( including CEVA ) claim that their Intermediate Plus vaccine can overcome high MDA level and induce active immunity. I would like to know - if the virulent virus can not penetrate the passive immunity ( high MDA ) , how an attenuated virus can? 5. In my opinion your ICX vaccine is working by value of multiplying in the MDA deficient chicks at 1 day of age and immunizing other chicks by cyclic spread of infection through the flock. This is exactly what other 'HOT' vaccines ( including CEVA IBD L ) do There is no magic in the vaccine. Kindly enlighten me regarding these questions raised. I ask these questions with no malice but only for the sake of correct information. Dr. Lalit Belwal
Abdullahi Abdullahi Raji
10 de marzo de 2015
Would have attempted addressing your questions, but will await Dr. Gardins response since the questions were not addressed to the public.
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
10 de marzo de 2015
Thank you Dr Raji Kindly apprise me of your opinion in a direct address and not to public. I only want to ascertain the technicality of CEVA vaccine. Regards
Rahul Shinde
20 de abril de 2015
Dear Dr. Yannick Sir, Thanks for your crucial topic on Vaccination of IBD. We are dealing with commercial broilers. We are facing the disease in very virulent form at onset of IBD. The flock had good titers with excellent C.V at their maternal antibody detection through ELISA. The flock was vaccinated on 9th & 16th day for IBD. So is there any hidden strain which is not cover in vaccine & is responsible for disease outbreak?
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
20 de abril de 2015
Dear Dr Shinde, To me it appears that day 9 and day 16 schedule is not matching well with the MDA ( maternally derived antibodies) profile of your flock. Given that MDA levels (and CV ) are good, 1st vaccination may have to be delayed and consequently the second. If you deem fit, kindly send to me the MDA results and type of vaccine you have used or intend to use. I may be able to help . Regards
Najimuddin Fudle
21 de abril de 2015
But here IBD is endemic. How can we delay the vaccine?
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
21 de abril de 2015
If you are using Intermediate vaccine please introduce a third vaccination at 22-23 day by D/w. I f you are using Intermediate Plus ( Hot vaccine ) , follow it up with a Intermediate vaccine 7-9 days later. Most suitable regime would be to vaccinate as follows: Regime A. 1. 9 days - Intermediate Strain E/d 2. 14-16 - Intermediate Strain E/d; d/w 3. 23-25 days Intermediate strain d/w Regime B. 1. Hot vaccine day 12-14 o/d 2. Intermediate vaccine day 18-22 d/w This recommendation is based on assumption that average MDA titer is at >2.7 < 3.0 log10 SN50
Qaiser Zaman
Tanmiah Food Group
21 de abril de 2015
Thanks Dr yannick ..
Emmanuel Nwaotule
22 de abril de 2015
Many thanks to all the contributors of this article- Gumboro and Gumboro vaccination . The relationship between Gumboro disease, vaccination and lameness should be carefully investigated . To my mind if the affected broilers in the area of lameness are isolated and fed seperstely, and they recover, then we should at nutrition as a better cause of lameness in this connection . Probably the weaker broilers are unable to feed well due to stocking density challenges.
Abdullahi Bashir Salisu
BSA integrated farm limited
22 de abril de 2015
We Used IBD. ABIC Isreal and ita working very Good.
AREEGBE ABIDEMI OYEFUNKE
22 de abril de 2015
Is their any herbal treatment for gumboro disesae?
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
22 de abril de 2015
Some poultry farmers hang a garland of lemon and green chillies at the entrance to farm. This is the only herbal treatment I know about. Pun aside... IBD is a viral disease with very short incubation period and spike mortality pattern. Damage is done before we can take any therapeutic measures. Vaccination and proper bio security are the most effective measures for prevention.
Roeslan Isdhainto
23 de abril de 2015
Dears All particopant. Thank you for the essential topic. Keep it in place that is close to the field reality of the issue. On my practices and field experiences, especially in Indonesia. I am very appreciative tonpresent IBD humoral immunity in this case. So power advocate are use a killed vaccine (circuler strain) on day 4th was applied in conjunction with NDV killed and repeated with active IBD vaccine at the age of 10 days and 18 days. It is give a good results, Clinically does not show signs of IBD infection. thank you Pls. My regard Roeslan Isdhianto
Mohamadoun BATHILY
25 de abril de 2015
Merci Dr pour votre très intéressant article. J'ai personnellement eu à gérer quelques cas de la maladie de Gumboro. J’ai constaté que la maladie sous fond de la coccidiose et généralement très sévère. C’est pourquoi nous conseillons pendant les périodes de risques élevés de chercher à maitriser les coccidioses aviaires dans les fermes. Merci Dr BATHILY Mohamadoun Directeur IFAB BAMAKO MALI
Dr. Ashraf Zaied
IFT Corporation
25 de abril de 2015
According to problems of gumboro disease vaccins we use vaxxitek vector vaccins from merial at day old without any poster vaccins and it is fully successed
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister