Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Egg production and quality responses to increasing isoleucine supplementation in Shaver white hens fed a low crude protein corn-soybean meal diet fortified with synthetic amino acids between 20 and 46 weeks of age

Published: August 25, 2020
Summary
INTRODUCTION Consumer demand for eggs in North America has been steadily increasing, with retail growth of 6% in 2018 in Canada, up from the 4.1% growth seen in 2017 (Egg Farmers of Canada, 2017, 2018). In the United States, 2018 per capita egg consumption increased by 2.1% over 2017 (USDA, 2019). It is therefore critical to establish suitable nutritional and management strategies that accommo...
Related topics:
Authors:
Ilona Parenteau
Halchemix Canada Inc
Marvin Stevenson
Halchemix Canada Inc
Elijah Kiarie
Poultry Health Research Network
Recommend
Comment
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
3 de septiembre de 2020

Ilona Parenteau, As in the market we have synthetic lysine to valine, the study with isoleucine to define a better relationship with lysine is of fundamental importance, since this amino acid is the possible limiting factor after valine, so it is the isoleucine x lysine relationship that defines maximum level of protein reduction that can be used since there is no commercially available isoleucine. And of course, to use valine, this information is a reference.
As this amino acid is the limiting factor after valine. As a suggestion, I would like to comment on the results we obtained in studies conducted with laying hens, the ideal ratio between sulfur amino acids (MET + CIST) with lysine is 100: 100. Finally, I congratulate the authors for using a sub-optimal level of lysine, which is the most correct practice of determining the amino acid relationship between any amino acid and lysine.

Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
3 de septiembre de 2020
Ilona A. Parenteau, I forgot a detail that I think is important. From your experience in this line of research, wouldn't there be a deficiency in some non-essential amino acid?
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.