Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Content sponsored by:
Evonik Animal Nutrition

Bacillus amyloliquefaciens CECT 5940 (Ecobiol®) alone or in combination with antibiotic growth promoters improve performance in broilers under enteric pathogen challenge

Published: February 6, 2019
Summary
Conclusions The dietary inclusion of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens  CECT 5940 (Ecobiol®), antibiotic growth promoter (AGP) and their combination significantly: Improved feed conversion in broilers compared to the challenged group without feed additives.  Reduced footpad lesion and C. perfringens  in ileum while providing better uniformity, fecal dropping score, carcas...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Juliano Cesar De Paula Dorigam
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Kiran Doranalli
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Torence Sidhuna
Musoma Animal Feeds
7 de abril de 2020
I use all your products in my formulations for layers and I am about to try ecobiol. I am struggling full time with wet droppings in layers. Can Ecobiol help? I have tried zinc bacitracin it's not working or there is something wrong with my formula. I am 100% willing to share with you my formula. Thank you.
Evonik Animal Nutrition
8 de abril de 2020
Dear Torence Sidhuna, I would definitely recommend using Ecobiol due to its benefits in intestinal health. There are reports of layer producers in Brazil with the same problem that you have now and they saw an improvement in litter quality with the use of Ecobiol. You can check the December news in the Feed & food magazine, which can also be found in English in our linkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/evonik-animal-nutrition_feedfood-magazine-activity-6646714551079321600-320_ Certainly, you can obtain better results with Ecobiol if you combine with adequate nutrition and management practices (ventilation and temperature). Therefore, I would also recommend to revise your formulation. For instance, if your dietary crude protein is high, probably the reduction of a small concentration with the supplementation of crystalline amino acids could help in reducing the wet litter. Excess levels of sodium (Na), chlorine (Cl) and potassium (K), can be a problem too. I hope this gives you some enlightenment, but we also have our technical support in your region that can help you to find the best solution for your problem.
Torence Sidhuna
Musoma Animal Feeds
8 de abril de 2020
Thank you very much, I'll switch to ecobiol
Torence Sidhuna
Musoma Animal Feeds
14 de abril de 2020
Good evening. Please can you help me on this. What is the general DEB for layers and broilers? Thank you
Evonik Animal Nutrition
15 de abril de 2020
Dear Torence Sidhuna I would consider 180~220 mEq/kg in the case of layers in production phase and 220~250 mEq/kg for broilers, specially to maintain a good litter quality. Follow the recommended levels of sodium, potassium and chloride for the the breed you are using. Special attention should be given to chloride levels and you can use sodium bicarbonate or potassium carbonate to help in the balance if the chloride levels are high. I hope this information helps in you case.
Torence Sidhuna
Musoma Animal Feeds
15 de abril de 2020

Thank you very much, I will give you a feedback on the progress after making these changes.

Gopal Kulshrestha
Skylark hatcheries PVT
19 de abril de 2020
DEB is much needed but apart from DEB the much needed things is quality of ingredients and enzyme inclusions.
Dr.FAYAZ.AHMAD SHEIKH
20 de abril de 2020

DCAB is important concept for tropical countries. As summer stress affects both layer performance and broiler production.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister