STABILIZING THE GUT FLORA WITH PROBIOTICS.
Ecobiol® is a feed additive which consists of a natural fast growing Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. It can improve the condition of the animal and help producers to solve quality, profitability and sustainability challenges.
Efficient poultry production is a balancing act of nutrition, gut health, and animal welfare, especially when reducing or eliminating antibiotic utilization. Challenges such as diets, diseases, environmental factors, and feed ingredient types, can negatively impact the intestinal microbial balance in poultry, leading to slower growth and reduced performance, which can result in economic losses. An overgrowth of Clostridium perfringens enables growth of other opportunistic bacteria such as Escherichia coli, which can result in different disorders in poultry. These disorders, such as diarrhea and wet litter, necrotic enteritis, gangrenous dermatitis, and focal duodenum necrosis, finally impair the animal’s feed efficiency, growth, and welfare. In addition, the control of Salmonella spp. in poultry continues to be a public health concern.
Ecobiol® consists of a natural fast growing Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Ecobiol® can improve the overall condition of the animals and help producers to improve quality of their products profitability of their business and solve sustainability challenges.
Benefits of Ecobiol® at a glance
- Supplementing with Ecobiol® supports microbial balance in the gut.
- Ecobiol® survives feed manufacturing processes as it is stable under feed pelleting temperatures, high humidity and storage conditions.
- It is easy to handle by employees at feed mills and farms.
- Ecobiol® helps to reduce production costs through improved feed conversion and reduction in days to slaughter.
- Ecobiol® is compatible with other feed additives such as coccidiostats, AGP, organic acids providing the basis for a guaranteed effective product.
What’s in it for you
Nutrition and health are closely linked in ensuring the well-being and performance of the animal. The expertise of Evonik in the area of animal nutrition gives us the advantage of extending our portfolio and knowledge to the area of animal health. In addition, as a science-based company, we aim to close present knowledge gaps regarding direct fed microbials and their potential influence on the microbiome, gut function and animal performance considering differences in the quality and composition of the feed. Using Ecobiol® will open the doors for access to our knowledge and services.