Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Efficacy evaluation of topical herbal spray in subclinical Mastitis

Published: June 18, 2018
Summary
In today’s world safe and wholesome milk production is a challenge for the farmers with increasing incidences of different types of diseases and emergence of new and resistant pathogens due to indiscriminate and unjustified uses of antibiotics/ antimicrobials. When we are talking about the prevalent diseases Mastitis one of the major disease which cause trouble not only to animals and farme...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Amit Kumar Pandey
Ayurvet Ltd.
Praful Kumar
Influencers who recommended :
Dr. Amit Kumar Pandey
Recommend
Comment
Marilou M. Lumanta
8 de octubre de 2018
Hi Frederick, Good afternoon. I would love to hear updates from you so that I can share it with the 2,000 plus dairy farmers that we have. Thank you. Ms. Ching
Recommend
masoud boroumand jazi
28 de octubre de 2018
Marilou M. Lumanta Thanks a lot. I wish you successful.
Recommend
Dr. M.N.balakrishnan Nair
17 de octubre de 2018

The spray which we are using is now under field trial will be ready for manufacturing and marketing soon. The formulation which we are using is good for all type s of mastitis with 91.7 per cent efficacy. The study on the microbiome of the udder when treated with this formulation is underway.

I was trying to get the details of the Ghana conference but was not able to get it.
I shall be thankful do anybody who can provide the details to me.

Recommend
Jasmer Singh
28 de octubre de 2018
Dr. M.N.balakrishnan Nair Please send me the results with full protocol when you publish it. Thanks Jasmer Singh
Recommend
Alli
11 de diciembre de 2019

Dr. M.N.balakrishnan Nair
It's been a year now, how the field trial % increased any? Decreased any or remained the same. Is it available to the public yet?

Recommend
Dr Prashanth T
25 de octubre de 2018

@ Dr. Amit Kumar

Want to understand the methods followed to measure somatic cell counting in milk

1. Manual counting
2. Electronic somatic cell counter

Whether the method used was validated before the clinical study design?

As SCC is critical measure to prove the efficacy of herbal spray

Recommend
Mohamed Fawzy Elsawy
23 de septiembre de 2019
There is no subclinical mastitis in cattle.. Milk contains 87 - 89 % water . Decrease water intake leads to what is called subclinical mastitis .
Recommend
Sanjay Patil
dsm-firmenich
4 de noviembre de 2019
Supplementation of Vit A 1lac IU, D3 20000 IU with Vit E 4 gm and organic Zinc @4gm /day would be beneficial in reduction of subclinical mastitis by improved immune status. Also regular inclusion of these will be effective to reduce SCC.
Recommend
Vilas Chothe
9 de noviembre de 2019
Which is the best antibiotic to treat sub clinical. ..Clinical....and Dry period (early and close ) mastitis....And economic to dairy farmers
Recommend
Vilas Chothe
9 de noviembre de 2019
Allopathic and herbal
Recommend
Faruk Aral
9 de noviembre de 2019
Can you re-write the Vitamin A dose? Vitamins and mineral supplements for subclinical mastitis are a very nice solution. I congratulate you.
Recommend
Jasmer Singh
3 de marzo de 2022
Well continue this vague conversation and the best would be expected after a long wait...?
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.