Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed Products Guar Korma

Forum: Guar Korma

Published: July 27, 2011
By: Duygu Ekin

Hi, I just want to have information about guar korma. is it used to feed dariy cattle? If yes how many kilos of it should be used per animal? I have heart that it is used by some feed mills in Turkey. But I have another information that it cause milk yield deppression?

Related topics:
Authors:
Duygu Ekin
Recommend
Comment
Ashish Jindal
20 de marzo de 2013

@Dr. Pathak: Sir you are absolutely right about 2% inclusion of normal korma due to glactomannase, but in roasted guar korma we extract only germ part of seed and then do rest all processing. This leads to very low values of mannase . Thus roasted korma with 53%-56% protein has been already used all over India and many neighboring countries with 5%-7.5% inclusion in poultry diet without any problem. In cattles and aqua it can be 10% if cattles are accustomed with the smell of korma, otherwise intially smaller percentage can be added and with time percentage can be increased.
Ashish Jindal

Recommend
Ashish Jindal
20 de marzo de 2013
@ Duong thi thanh Ha Please check your email, i have sent you picture of guar korma.
Recommend
Samy  Ibrahim Barakat
20 de marzo de 2013

Guar koma is diferent from guar meal because guar meal CP is 40% but guar koma I think 52% also anlysis should be including aflatoxine.

Recommend
Ashish Jindal
20 de marzo de 2013
Ya they are dIfferent. Guar meal(churi) is powdery form with CP 33%-37%. aND GUAR KORMA PROCESSED HAVE 53%-57%. Guar korma will never have aflatoxin and salmonella. we have all lab reports.
Recommend
Pathik Patel
29 de septiembre de 2013
Hi there, I am running poultry farm and make own poultry feed. With the combination of maize, soybean meal and concentrate. As the Soybean meal prize varies too much. So planning to switch with guar meal korma instance of soybean meal. So please do guide for it as never heard in Gujarat anyone use it for poultry feed. Thank you
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
30 de septiembre de 2013
i have never used guar korma in poultry as i m livestock farmer....i avoid using CHURI(Atti) as it is cumbersome job but i use it successfully with satisfactory and desired results from processed guar which is liked by animals and has no smell.....with new animals i start with 250gm/head and takes it to maximum 2kg/day/head.....i can not confirm or reject the experiences shared by my friends in poultry
Recommend
Pathik Patel
30 de septiembre de 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience mr. khan so did you mean roasted and pre-heated guar meal by processed guar?
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
1 de octubre de 2013
yes by processed mean roasted guar
Recommend
Ashish Jindal
3 de octubre de 2013
@Hafiz Khan: Sir, What is crude protein % in processed guar korma? @Pathik Patel: Yes, processed guar korma is well accepted in Haryana and Punjab. visit www.meghrajinternational.com
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
3 de octubre de 2013
Cp%age is 48%+ sir
Recommend
Hitesh Pareek
31 de diciembre de 2013
Dear, I want to know some specific requirement answers. Please do suggest me with appropriate solution:- Q . . What is the reason for low content of lysine, if there is a high level of protein. When the protein is 50% + the normal level for lysine is at least 3.5%. Q . We need to create a full list of amino acids that contains the product as well as their ratios. The exact digestibility of protein and of the product as a whole is also a major question for which we have to find/receive add. Info. Q. it should be clear what causes such a big amplitude in fiber and be given more accurate values. It’s like to point protein between 50-75 %. Unacceptable. The customers expect constancy of the quality. Q. Must make comparison with soybean meal to the individual components. Q. The main concern is caused by this will not harm animals , introducing new product. It is necessary to clarify the anti-nutritional factors ( if any ) as a trypsin inhibitor, and so on. Q. Needed is a more detailed information to the elucidation of the dosage which can be used in different types of animals. For example we have in the spec. 2-3 % for poultry, after this we receive info that farmers used 10-15%. We need to fix this dosage info very strictly. Please do suggest us. Specially lycine low percentage in comparison of Protein.
Recommend
Hitesh Pareek
2 de enero de 2014
What is the reason for low content of lysine, if there is a high level of protein. When the protein is 50% + the normal level for lysine is at least 3.5%.
Recommend
Anil Maheshwari
6 de febrero de 2014

Hello, would you please advice what are Guar Korma requirements?

Recommend
Darya
12 de marzo de 2014
Dear Pari Valal, I need some scientific reserach on introduction of guar korma (or guar meal.)Is it possible that you provide a report covering comparative studies of Guar Korma (or guar meal) and soybean meal used for cow, swine and chicken feeding? I am particularly interested in scientific background of guar meal introduction to substantiate its use as a soybean meal substitute in cow, swine and chicken rations. You can communicate to e-mail: dashe@pisem.net Thanks.
Recommend
Darya
12 de marzo de 2014
Dear all, May be you can help me. I need some scientific reserach on introduction of guar korma (or guar meal.)Is it possible that you provide a report covering comparative studies of Guar Korma (or guar meal) and soybean meal used for cow, swine and chicken feeding and substantiation of Guar Korma percentage? I am particularly interested in scientific background of guar meal introduction to substantiate its use as a soybean meal substitute in cow, swine and chicken rations. You can communicate to e-mail: dashe@pisem.net Thanks.
Recommend
PRAMOD
18 de diciembre de 2014
I am live in Ahmednagar , maharastra . my Dairy farm 25 hf & 20 baffullos , daily milk production 300 ltrs. Please send information pune city delear or shop I have purches 50 bags guar kurma for test.
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
19 de julio de 2016
I think it is the common sense of the farmer which is decisive to include certain ingredients which are nutritionally rich as well as cheaper which ultimately make the livestock production sustainable......If my animals refuse to accept a thing which is suitable as per my common sense and confirmed with cultural wisdom i will find a way to make an acceptable formulation
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
27 de agosto de 2016
Guar Meal or Guar Korma is very cheap source of nutrition for the animals...Many learned persons in this discussion have compared it with soya meal. Actually it is not available throughout India or Pakistan easily as it is grown in limited areas. why only Gujrati refference is being given because it is mainly grown in Rajisthan which is next to Gujrat. No one has reffered Asam or UP because it is not grown there so farmers in that area are not much familiar with this name and product while Soya meal and its usage is propagated and promoted as well as advocated by organized companies through out the world. while guar is the crop of poor farmers and also taken by poor farmers
Recommend
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
29 de agosto de 2016
very happy to read details of the products from Guar and the specification of products which are scientifically believable. As for as benefits of using Guar meal and its related products are not less than Soya besides much more cheaper and affordable by subsistence livestock farmers. i m from Punjab (Pakistan) and i have seen that any farmer who used Guar Korma once was always looking for it which is obvious proof of its sustainability among farmers
Recommend
shubhlaxmi gum industries
SHUBHLAXMI GUM INDUSTRIES
30 de agosto de 2016
SIR/ madam, OUR PARAMETERS (SPECIFICATION) FOR GKC & GMK ARE AS UNDER. 1)GUAR MEAL KORMA:- PROTEINS......................48 TO 50 % OIL CONTENT..................5 TO 7 % MOISTURE......................8 TO 10 % SAND & SILICA...............1 TO 1.5 % CRUDE FIBERS..............8 TO 10 % ASH................................6 TO 8 % 2) GUAR MEAL CHURI :- PROTEINS......................38 TO 40 % OIL CONTENT.................5% (+/- 1% ) MOISTURE......................8 TO 10 % SAND & SILICA................UP TO 1.5 % CRUDE FIBERS..............15 % (+/- 2% ) ASH.................................5% ( +/- 2%) 3) ROASTED GUAR KORMA :- PROTEINS……………………...55 TO 57 % OIL CONTENT…………………5 TO 7 % MOISTURE…………………….8 TO 10 % SAND & SILICA………………0.5 % MAX CRUDE FIBERS………………8 TO 10 % ASH……………………………5 TO 7 %
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.