Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed Products Guar Korma

Forum: Guar Korma

Published: July 27, 2011
By: Duygu Ekin

Hi, I just want to have information about guar korma. is it used to feed dariy cattle? If yes how many kilos of it should be used per animal? I have heart that it is used by some feed mills in Turkey. But I have another information that it cause milk yield deppression?

Related topics
Authors:
Duygu Ekin
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Satheesh
Satheesh
19 de marzo de 2012

We are large quantity of exporter from india - Guar Korma, Roasted korma, and all other related producted wtih following certificates Phthosanitary, Form A, PCP, health certificate, Certificate of origin, Analysis certificate --- etc . Where to get Veterinary certificate for Guar meal?

Karn Singh
17 de agosto de 2012

I need nutritional details of Guar Korma

Jiwan Gupta
16 de septiembre de 2012

Guar Korma is one of the best & highly economical protein source available till date. The only issue is its palatability. It can also be managed very easily.  Start from around 2% and gradually increase (2-3 months) up to 10-15% depending on the herd production status. Don`t forget to add molasses @ 5% along with guar Korma based diets.

Kausar Shaikh
27 de septiembre de 2012

From all these comments it seems Gour Korma is used in ruminants only. Can it be used in poultry feed ? If yes what percentage by replacing soya.

Gabriel Aguilar Bustilo
10 de octubre de 2012

What is the whole bromatologic Analisis of it and it energy of Guar Korma?

Subodh Kumar
10 de octubre de 2012

Kindly enlighten me about Guar Korma, its availability in market and estimated costs involved .

Sushil Chandra
11 de octubre de 2012

I had already participated in earlier guar korma session ,where i had suggested to use it in cattle feed.
Very recently the product has found its way in Layer feed @ 4-5% and framers are happy about it.

Regards
Dr Chandra

Purushottam Kulkarni
12 de octubre de 2012

Guar korma is very economic protine source, we are using since last 6 months in cattle feed along with molasses >5% and sweetener .

Jiwan Gupta
16 de octubre de 2012

After coming across several cattle feed manufactures, I have found that generally, most of these people avoid using Guar Korma in their own brands. It is used only at demand. Sole reason for this practice is fear of feed refusal by animals.basically palatibilty factor can not be managed in a single day, neither can be economics of dairy farms. Everything has been planned and executed taking into consideration the prevailing rates of sbm ,csc,mc etc. We have to plan for future among this Guar Korma can become a very good alternative for our conventional protein sources. As we know very well, India is the only country where feed prices have gone up by rs,3-4 per kg in last few months where as milk prices are declining at the same pace, so in the prevailing scenario, role of vety pharmaceuticals, consultants, nutrionists and above all associations like PDFA will be of prime importance.

Ashish Jindal
17 de octubre de 2012

Traditional Guar Korma is well suited for cattle feed as we have already discussed.
I hereby want to introduce everyone with a product which is processed from traditional guar korma to make it more suitable for poultry. This product is"Roasted Guar Korma", due to roasting the anti nutritive factor like trypsin inhibitor from normal korma becomes permanently inactive. So now the roasted Korma is successfully being used 5% to 7.5% in both layer and broiler. Many farmers in haryana ,punjab,namakkal have already adopted it. Many well known feedmillers have given roasted korma a permanent place in their formulation because it has high nutritive value and balanced amino acid profile, with almost 20% cheaper than soya and other advantage is it is available all round the year. For further queries on the product with reports from testing labs, please contact me on: 
Ashish Jindal

Samy  Ibrahim Barakat
8 de noviembre de 2012
i heared from somebody from sudan that they used it succefully in dairy then i saw paper show that CP in guar is 52% if this is right ? please ASHISH can you tell me complete analyses and if it safe for calves and didn'n do a smill in the milk also if guar have ant toxic effect at any stage of cuutting
Bartek
13 de noviembre de 2012
Have any of you ever try to give guar for laying hen?
Ashish Jindal
13 de noviembre de 2012

Hi @ Samy Ibrahim Barakat
Guar korma had been sucessfully used in cattles since 2 decades now, The only issue I see is its beany odour. Once the cattle get acustomed with its flavour then guar korma is very gud source of protein for cattles. So, to cattles which are new to guar korma intially a very low percentage should be fed in ration,once they get used to guar korma flavour percentage can be increase upto 5% to as high as 15% gradually. Guar churi is another succesful product from guar, its cheaper than korma with 34-35% CP but with approx 19% fiber. People in india use churi mostly for cattles.

Ashish Jindal
13 de noviembre de 2012

Hi @ Bartek
Guar Korma is used as partial alternate to soya in laying hn in india. Normal korma is used to 2% in layer ration, but the roasted korma is used upto 7.5% in layer succesfully. In many parts of india roasted korma is very popular to replace expensive de oiled soya cake.because amino acid profile of korma is very balanced.

Samy  Ibrahim Barakat
24 de noviembre de 2012

Hi ASHISH
Is guar more low price than soya? How much is the price?

Mangalmurti Pathak
6 de diciembre de 2012

As regards guar korma, it is mostly used in cattle feed in the area adjacent to Rajasthan state. But recently when soybean extraction prices had abnormally shoot up , use of guar korma in poultry feed increased. Farmers tried guar korma either roasted or with out roasted with variable results. In one of the controlled trial we tried to incorporate 2% guar korma . Although the performance was not up to the mark,we added 100 gm BG Mannan in feed and could observe significant improvement in broiler performance. As against soybean meal, guar kurma contains almost four times higher level of galactomannans which interfere with the performance. With the use of mannanase enzyme in feed, we can add more guar kurma in both broiler and layer feed safely.

Hani Maslamani
28 de enero de 2013

Dear all
I am a producer of TMR pellets in Sudan. We used to market our product localy and it is expanding. Our TMR is based on Alfalfa hay, Guar meal Peanut meal, Molases and Sudan grass. We are expecting to supply the near countries and Tukey with our products very soon. I dont know what prices will be offered but the cost FOB portsudan will be about 360 US$ I think it will cost another 40 US$ for sea frieght. Can any one feed me back with prices of pellets of very high quality in some contries? Are our prices going to be competing? I will appreciate feedback. 

Hani Maslamani

HA DUONG THI THANH
Minh Dang Trading and Servicing Company
19 de marzo de 2013
Dear Mr Hani Maslamani I would like to know more about your pellet TMR machine? Where to buy and what is the capacity? We are produce TMR with sorghum and corn silage in Vietnam . Please send your reply to my email: minhdangco@gmail.com Thank you very much Duong thi thanh Ha
HA DUONG THI THANH
Minh Dang Trading and Servicing Company
19 de marzo de 2013
Dear all. Could you please send the photo of Guar Korma? how is looks like? Thank you very much. Duong thi thanh Ha email.minhdangco@gmail.comn
Ashish Jindal
20 de marzo de 2013

@Samy Ibrahim Barakat:- Roasted Guar Korma (CP 53%-56%) today price is USD 460/- whereas Soya(45%-47%) costs usd 585/-. So Roasted korma have higher protein and almost usd 125/- PMT price less. Now, demand for korma is increasing as subsitute protein in feed for poultry and ruminants.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister