Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Boosting milk components and synthesized fatty acids in lactating dairy cows

Published: April 6, 2018
Summary
In the current context of the international dairy market, increasing milk production regarding quantity is no longer relevant due to low prices. Now more than ever, producing more milk fat and protein is a proven way to enhance herd profitability.  The best way to boost milk fat and protein is to promote rumen fermentation with a particular focus on fiber digestion. It is important to no...
Related topics
Authors:
Melina Bonato
ICC
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Khazel Aboud Musa
11 de abril de 2018

Hello.
I would like to receive some more information regarding the major factors significantly affecting fatty acid synthesis of the three fat types. Any information about the economic and health justification that allows shifting from the current milk production and composition is greatly needed. Do accept my deep respect and gratitude.
Dr.Khazel (MA, MSc, Diploma, Ph.D).

Benny Chidziso
11 de abril de 2018

This is an interesting research. I have a passion for dairy research and influence of milk components in enhancing human nutrition. I would love to read the whole document of the above research.

Felipe Santanna
ICC
8 de mayo de 2018
Dear Benny Chidziso, please let me have your email address. Thanks a lot for reading our article!
Hassan Khan
11 de abril de 2018

Indeed, very interesting article and can be applied at farm level very effectively for better results.

Tridjoko Wisnu Murti
13 de abril de 2018

That is a good article that summarizes briefly and clearly about the synthesis of milk fat. I would like to receive the whole article and maybe some reference cited in this article.

Isabela Barros
ICC
18 de abril de 2018

Dear Pak Tridjoko Wisnu Murti, please let me have your email address. Thanks a lot for reading our article!

Selçuk Bölüktepe
13 de abril de 2018

Dear sir/madam;
I would like to receive the whole article that's the way I can understand the whole article.
Best regards.

Felipe Santanna
ICC
8 de mayo de 2018
Dear Selçuk Bölüktepe, please let me have your email address. Thanks a lot for reading our article!
Selçuk Bölüktepe
26 de junio de 2018
Felipe Santanna I leave my e-mail address below. Thank you for your attention Best regards.. selcukboluktepe@gmail.om
Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
13 de abril de 2018
Can we feed bye pass fat more than 2% of feed.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Reveille Livestock Concepts
8 de mayo de 2018
Gagan Sobti yes, it is common to feed more than 2% of a by-pass fat but this depends on DM intake and ration composition, other fat sources fed and the type of BP fat you are wanting to feed. Regards, Steve
MUNISH SHARMA
Kemin Industries, Inc
16 de mayo de 2018
Dear Gagan ji We should calculate requirement of fat on the basis of dry matter requirement of an animal. Based upon it, we can add by pass fat. Higher concentration can effect rumen optimisation
Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
19 de mayo de 2018

Munish Sharma Sir, mostly our customers said us that milk yield and snf is increased when they used our Royalfed compounded cattle feeds, but fat content is down to 3.80 of cows from 4%. We add 99% berga fats @1%. Is there is any solution for increasing fat content?

Vipin
21 de julio de 2018

Gagan deep sobti
Sir, if you want to increase fat & snf % focus on digestion of fiber. First, calculate the ndf & adf % feed second use additive for rumen fermentation.

Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
22 de julio de 2018

Vipin Sir, can you guide us any software for calculations of ndf and adf for set formulation after that we send samples in laboratory for testing.

Clint Van Sluys
Van Sluys Dairy Solutions
16 de abril de 2018

Hi There,

It would be great to receive the entire article. And explore on farm application. Any more info you could provide would be appreciated.

Felipe Santanna
ICC
8 de mayo de 2018
Dear Mr. Clint Van Sluys, please let me have your email address. Thanks a lot for reading our article!
Clint Van Sluys
Van Sluys Dairy Solutions
8 de mayo de 2018
Felipe Santanna My email is clint@vansluysdairy.ca Thanks so much:)
Sekhin Alexej
17 de abril de 2018
This is an interesting and important direction. I am also engaged in this area of research. I would like more information in your area. I would appreciate it.
Felipe Santanna
ICC
8 de mayo de 2018
Dear Sekhin Alexej , please let me have your email address. Thanks a lot for reading our article!
Vipin
3 de mayo de 2018
Please explain what type of feed additive use to enhance rumen fermentation
Laurie Chambers
Udder Comfort
8 de mayo de 2018
If you have access to whole sunflower seeds with the shells on at a reasonable price you can get excellent results increasing milk components and no health side effects to worry about for the cow. I use to feed about two pounds per day per cow with milk production averaging over 60 pounds a day or higher. The shell of the sunflower seeds were a great source of fibre as well.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
8 de mayo de 2018
Laurie Chambers thank you for your comments. I am in the US and we don't have access to much whole sunflower seed. Mist of it is only available as meal where most of the fat and tbe hulls have been removed. However, I would not be surprised at all if WSF has a good fatty acid profile. Would you have access to this to share with us? Kindesr regards, Steve
Mohammad Salahuddin
9 de mayo de 2018
It would be great to receive the entire article. And explore on farm application. Any more info you could provide would be appreciated.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
9 de mayo de 2018
Please see the link below to an article published in Progressive dairyman that might provide some additional information. Feeding Fat - A Complex Subject https://www.progressivedairy.com/topics/feed-nutrition/feeding-fat-a-complex-subject Kind Regards, Steve
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister