Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
LIPTOSA
Content sponsored by:
LIPTOSA

Natural remedies against vibriosis in shrimp culture - Liptosa

Published: July 14, 2017
Summary
A phytobiotic  was able to reduce Vibrio counts in intestine and hepatopancreas leading to an increase in survival and better health. Shrimp farming is growing very fast in recent years, due to the high profit margins which present a good opportunity for those with interest in this sector. In Asia the production of Pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) was more than 3 million t...
Related topics:
Authors:
Antonio Martinez Sánchez
LIPTOSA
Álvaro Rodríguez Sánchez-Arévalo
LIPTOSA
Niti Chuchird
Kasetsart University
Influencers who recommended :
Albert GJ Tacon, David Revilla
Recommend
Comment
Hoang Do Van
14 de julio de 2017
14 July, 2017 It is very good information for my work. I would like to translate this article into Vietnamese and dissemination for the shrimp in Vietnam? Hoping to get the consent of the author Best regard.
Recommend
Cristina Garcia Diez
Cristina Garcia Diez
14 de julio de 2017
Hello Hoang, Of course, go on with translation. Regards,
Recommend
Hoang Do Van
14 de julio de 2017
Hello Cristina, I am working at Research Institute for Aquaculture number II (RIAII) in Viet Nam, I will translate it to Vietnamese and upload on organization's website. Thanks for your consent. regards,
Recommend
Santosh Roy
14 de julio de 2017
Thanks dear Cristina, I want to work for Bangladesh, if any chance, please let me know. Thanks & best regards Santosh Roy
Recommend
Christopher Hettiarachchi
15 de julio de 2017
Christopher Hettiarachchi - Sri Lanka Good laboratory scale trial. It would be very interesting to know the cost benefit analysis when applying this product in commercial scale. Also, any idea of MIC break points of this product against the pathogenic Vibrio parahaemolyticus strain that causes AHPND/EMS and pathogenic Vibrio species that cause WFS. This information could give some idea whether lessor doses (less than 5kg/ton) can be applied.
Recommend
Sathishkumar
Caprienzymes
15 de julio de 2017
very good information we will try it on India.thanks a lot for valuable information.
Recommend
Hoang Do Van
15 de julio de 2017
Dear Cristina, I don't understand what is the Liptosa. Can you help me about it? Thanks for your helping.
Recommend
Dr. Juan Battaglia Aljaro DMV  AB&T, Chile
Veterquimica
16 de julio de 2017
Wow
Recommend
Dr. Juan Battaglia Aljaro DMV  AB&T, Chile
Veterquimica
16 de julio de 2017
Felicidades Cristina....
Recommend
Cristina Garcia Diez
Cristina Garcia Diez
17 de julio de 2017

Hello Hoang,

LIptosa is a Spanish manufacturer of additives phytobiotics and Liptoaqua is the aqua department. Our additives are natural growth promotors and immunostimulants working on gut health through prebiotics. We manufacture tailor made additives for each species and pathology. We have phytobiotics for fish and shrimp regarding the different pathologies: bacteria (gram + and -), intracellular parasites (gregarines) and ectoparasites( gill and skin such as monogenea, gyrodactilus, trichodinas...), etc.

Please, once you have the translation done and uploaded I would appreciate you send me the link to cristina.garcia@liptosa.com

Regards,

Recommend
Subashni Bhoopathy
17 de julio de 2017
What binders have you used to reduce the leaching of phytobiotic? Also how can the reduction in FCR be interpreted on comparision to the control?
Recommend
Hoang Do Van
17 de julio de 2017
Hello Cristina, Thanks for your Information. When I finish my translation I will upload and sent it to your link. Regards,
Recommend
Cristina Garcia Diez
Cristina Garcia Diez
17 de julio de 2017

Dear Subashni Bhoopathy,
I Think Dr. Niti used fish oil to bind the feed with our phytobiotic.
About the FCR, these prebiotics are immunostimulants helping the animal grow better and more efficiently, the better health has the shrimp the better will eat, therefore nutrient absorption is more effective and so the animal grows faster, improving zootechnical parameters as FCR, ABW, SV.
Regards,

Recommend
Álvaro Rodríguez Sánchez-Arévalo
LIPTOSA
17 de julio de 2017

Dera Dr. Christopher Hettiarachchi. Thanks for your comments.
Regarding your questions
Liptofry has a strong bacteriostatic power so is useful to reduce v. Parahemliticus concentration during clinical episodes.
Doses must be applied according to rate feeding.
Recommended doses 3-5 Kg/Mt feed .; other positives effects of Liptofry such as better growth appears in this range of use.
Regards.

Recommend
Subashni Bhoopathy
17 de julio de 2017
Dear Cristina Garcia Diez, How did you come up 3-5 kg/tonne value? Why should one not use less than 3 kg/ tonne? And since there is a decrease in the survival rate of shrimps on using 8 kg/tonne, can this phytobiotic be toxic? Did you analyse the toxicity of your compound?
Recommend
Cristina Garcia Diez
Cristina Garcia Diez
17 de julio de 2017

Dear Subashni,

The MIC done at Kasetsart University showed a concentration of 10mg/ml at 10*6 CFU for V.parahaemolyticus white feces and EMS strains. Feed intake % was the same for the 3 batches. With phytobiotics not always the best dose is the higher. Plants can have a strong flavour and sometimes animals just reduce the intake because of that, that is why lower doses sometimes shows better results.

Despite we have not done toxicity analyses to this specific phytobiotic, from our experience we know we are far from the maximum level of toxicity. Of course, you can use doses below 3kg, as said, that depends on % feed intake, as well as on results you want to achieve, maybe you just want to use it as a growth promoter or as bactericidal or intermittently, etc. But our recommendation is 3-5kg/Mt at first instance.

For any more detail info please you can also contact me at Cristina.garcia@liptosa.com

Recommend
Subashni Bhoopathy
17 de julio de 2017
Thanks Dr. Cristina
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.