Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry House Ventilation

Published: April 5, 2018
Summary
Ventilation is one of the most important principles of raising broiler chickens in farms, which is the only key to reduce the respiratory problems of the bird and to reach the highest productivity and the highest conversion rate. Ventilation is an important factor that controls the productive performance of birds. Poor ventilation leads to low weight and food conversion rate, as well as respirat...
Related topics
Authors:
Khaled Fadlallah
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Edet Edem Okon
11 de abril de 2018

Your work is good well done.CRD. This is the major problem farmers are facing over here in Nigeria with small dcale farmer. Please, I will like to receive more information on above topic. Thanks.

James Dube Mhlanga
National Foods Limited
11 de abril de 2018
Good write up. Pictures of appropriate small scale housing would also help big time since over 70% of the population in developing countries is in the rural areas. Here target weights are rarely achieved due to poor ventilation because the houses are usually badly constructed.
Roger Tague
Africa Business Solutions
11 de abril de 2018
Thank you such a wonderful post it will be of great help to small farmers to Africa. Will be possible to be receiving such posts and share it poultry farmers in Africa?
BAWINDSOMDE OUEDRAOGO
16 de abril de 2018
Dear, Thank you for that insight. High rate contribution.
Moustafa Elshazly
28 de abril de 2018
Thank you for your article and please if you have references show that
Nwakanma Chukwuemeka
3 de mayo de 2018
Thank you for this wonderful article and please I would like you to help me on poultry feed formulation and needed ingredients. This will be of great help to me because my producing feed for my birds will cut down/reduce the high cost of feeding which poultry farmers are experiencing here in Africa.
Wahmed Ahmed
CPC - Cairo Poultry Company
22 de septiembre de 2019
Dear Dr. Khaled, Recommended Minimum Ventilation rate/ Kg hour in Arbor Acres Broiler Management guide 2018 for example: 0.7 m3 /kg hour, based in our experience we accept 1 m3 / kg hour in Broilers. thank you Eng. waheed mohamed ahmed Consultant at Cairo poultry group
Edet Edem Okon
23 de septiembre de 2019
Weldon for your wonderful article i really appreciate thanks.i wish you can dwell more on the topic.
Ghaith Alomari
20 de mayo de 2020

Thank you for the informations.
Would you please show the exact calculation method of the ventilation in the table above? Number of fans, time off and time on how did you work it out?

Thanks.

Muhammad Shafqat
11 de octubre de 2023
@Ghaith Alomari I m feeling happy to helps you in this regard
No.of fans = Cross sectional area ×Desired velocity÷ Cfm of one fan
ON time calculation
Total CFM= Total no of birds × Required CFM
Formula= Total CFM ÷CFM of one fan = Answer × Timer ( seconds)= On time
On time -Total time= off time
Jayant Bhavsar
4 de julio de 2020

Very Nice Publication you had made. Please share more details with us.

karamagi derrick
29 de abril de 2021

it's been helpful mostly that articulation about CRD in Uganda is the pressing problem to most farmers since poor ventilation is a lesser concern factor by farmers.

okello collins
16 de junio de 2022
hi this collins busitema university in uganda i would like to know the correction of poultry house
BAWINDSOMDE OUEDRAOGO
16 de junio de 2022
Hi Collins, Hope you are doing well. With our field operations in hot and dry climate, ventilation is key to success. We implemented in Burkina Faso a kind of circulating air tunnel ventilation eliminating by this way harmful gases. Our experience with broilers good sanitation and high biosecurity equal success in husbandry. This is ours and allow us to share with you Cheers Bawindsomde
Jayant Bhavsar
5 de agosto de 2022

Hi Friends,
Ventilation is a primary key factor to success requirements in Poultry Business.
Poultry house ventilation: Ventilation for poultry barns is available in a variety of forms. Examples of common systems are ridge ventilation, length ventilation, tunnel ventilation, and cross ventilation. Combinations of these systems are also possible, such as length and ridge ventilation, or length and tunnel ventilation.
The minimum ventilation system should have a fan capacity equal to 12.5-20% of the capacity of the house (air exchange every eight to five minutes) and operate on a timer. The system runs whenever the house is at or below set point temperature.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister