Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Husam Bakri discusses avian influenza and mycoplasma infection

Published: March 13, 2017
Husam Bakri, Global Technical Expert at Merck, explained his findings on avian influenza in the Middle East and North Africa, as well as economic impact, vaccination, and biosecurity, during IPPE 2017 in Atlanta, USA.
Related topics
Authors:
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
Influencers who recommended :
Husam Bakri
Recommend
Comment
Wijaya Saputra
1 de abril de 2017
Dear Dr. Husam Bakri. Can you tell me about clinical sign and changes cross pathologi of the chicken that infected with AI subtipe H9N2, because it's new case in my chicken. Acctualy in South Asia still Dominant AI subtipe H5N1 . thank you. Regards WIJAS
Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
3 de abril de 2017

Dear Wijas,
Thank you for your question. Actually, as we do have other diseases are challenging the flocks, it is difficult to say this signs or other are related to AI, we are also having challenges of ND and IB variants.

Here some signs we believe to it close to the AI problem:
Layer and breeder:
- Drop in production specially when the production going up to the peak and it will be severe when it comes with ND or AI.
Broiler: 
- We see yellow material in bifurcation.
- Also we see high mortality and the % depend on what other diseases are playing a role at the same time.

We are strongly advicing farmers to get blood serology tests or FTA card for PCR samples to be sure about what is going on more that clinical signs to avoid miss diagnostics.

Regarding the blood samples we are advising the following:
- Not less that 25 samples on the day of the clinical samples.
- After 2 weeks another 25 samples after you test them for AI or any other disease you are expecting.

Please feel free to ask if you need any further information.

All the best. 

Bakri

Recommend
Manash Gohain
7 de agosto de 2019
Husam Bakri doctor why we should take 25 samples?
Recommend
David S. O. K. Quartey
3 de abril de 2017
Congratulations. This will go a long way to help the poultry industry
Recommend
Aly Ghetas
5 de abril de 2017
Dear Dr. Bakri, Did this inactivated vaccine used to protect broilers against H9N2 infections? If yes, what is the best time to vaccinate broilers against H9N2? Sincerely, Aly M. Ghetas
Recommend
Manash Gohain
7 de agosto de 2019

Aly Ghetas primary around 6 weeks booster at 16th weeks i.e two shots in grower to maintain the titre.

Recommend
Kasame Trakullerswilai
Saha Farms
5 de abril de 2017

Dear Wijas,

my opinion is we shall use mg live vac for protection birds and checking AI field H9 genetic for matching the vaccine used or using the homologous vaccine, possibly H9 itself can affect production and mortality even free mg. 

Recommend
Fernando Escribano
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid - UPM
25 de abril de 2017

Dr Bakri:
Thank you for sharing your expertise. I wonder if you could put me in contact with an expert on Avian Influenza and other main avian diseases in Sub-Saharan Africa Countries or West Africa Region.
Thank you so much.
Fernando.

Recommend
Husam Bakri
Vaxxinova
4 de mayo de 2017
Dear agro, Plz send me your email Husam_bakri@hotmail.com
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.