Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

flavors used in poultry feed

Feed Flavoring for Poultry

Published: March 28, 2008
Summary
Do you believe that adding a flavoring agent to your broiler or layer feed will improve performance? Your answer is probably no, or that you really hadn't thought about it. The early history of feed flavoring and taste research for poultry reads much the same way. Initially, poultry producers and some researchers felt that chickens had no real sense of taste and that flavor was of no consequence i...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Joly Philippe
Joly Philippe
31 de marzo de 2008

Interesting article about Feed Flavoring for Poultry. The signifiance of industrial experiments are very often the results of a selection of experiments realized.

Recommend
Sadaqat
5 de mayo de 2020
I wanted to know different flavoring agents used in poultry feed
Recommend
Aremu Funsho
17 de noviembre de 2020
Where can I get Poultry flavor to buy In Nigeria
Recommend
Aremu Funsho
17 de noviembre de 2020
I want flavor for layers
Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
19 de noviembre de 2020
Dr B.L.Damron, intriguing his reports on the use of flavoring in the birds' diet. I think the conclusions are not consistent with the results of your study. Several works with birds are mentioned, in which the use of flavoring was not effective. As far as I know, birds do not show sensitivity to the use of these products, which does not seem to interfere with their pattern of voluntary food intake. As for the item Flavors: the Variety of Roles, the statement that this product can stimulate feed consumption in the summer, which normally occurs as an attempt by birds to reduce the heat production of nutrient metabolism, does not seem consistent to me. It even appears in this article, a study in which the use of flavoring did not result in improved performance of birds in the summer
Recommend
Christoph Hutter
ADDCON
21 de noviembre de 2020

From our experience, we can say that Turkey especially like sweet and react on NHDC and this is proven and for these terms you have a registration in EU.
For Broilers was never easy to show it and a lot of was tested.
We tested a lot in the past as well with rapeseed oil and sja against the derivates from palm or other sources with óptimised fatty acid content but it never showed really economical out. Broilers will not be that much about flavor. If you look at layers it seems that with age they refuse flavors they don't know from the early growth stage. But you can see that the structure of the feed is more important for a hen than the taste. We are testing with different sugar sources at the moment in the direction of slow release and gut fermentation and have good results, some look like the data from inulin. But these sugars are the same as you use in humans for having low carbohydrates.
In drinking water in turkey, you see it much more often that sweeteners are used as sometimes they don't like to drink some cocktails of products applied via drinking water so a lot of vets I know use this from time to time.
My tests are mainly from direct tests not scientific but now long enough here to see some things.

Recommend
Aremu Funsho
1 de diciembre de 2020
How can I get feed flavor for Poultry to buy
Recommend
Shah Alam
Century Agro Ltd
31 de diciembre de 2020
I would like to know about efficacy of feed flavoring for fish .
Recommend
Dr. Ansarimazher Mohammed
1 de febrero de 2022
Yes I wanted to make sure for flavour of the poultry feed Production,( is their any confirmed flavour, please send me by email
Recommend
Obong`o Robert Ouko
1 de abril de 2022
Interesting article. I am interested in knowing if there are any proven brands for chicken feed flavouring. If they are there, can they be shipped to Kenyan animal feeds market.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.