Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Choline chloride

Choline chloride: An Indispensable Performance Promoter in Poultry

Published: September 26, 2006
Summary
Choline- chemically known as 2-hydroxyethyl-trimethyl ammonium hydroxide andis referred as vitamin B4. It has recently been claimed as a rediscovered vitamin & performance promoter in poultry. The role of choline in the prevention of conditions suchas perosis and liver enlargement in chicks is already well known. Choline wasfirst isolated from ox bile ("chole" in Greek) in 1849. Its nutritional im...
Related topics:
Influencers who recommended :
Ana Gavrӑu
Recommend
Comment
Vssprasad Karuturi
30 de septiembre de 2006

Educative article about Choline chloride in Poultry. Practicable.

Recommend
Ayoola Oduntan
Amo Byng Nig Ltd
2 de octubre de 2006

Highly informative article about Choline chloride in Poultry. Well done.

Recommend
Fafiolu Adeboye Olusesan
3 de octubre de 2006

This is good article about Choline chloride in Poultry. Please I am intrested in some sample for test.

Fafiolu, A.O.
Department of Animal Nutrition
University of Agriculture
Abeokuta, Ogun State Nigeria

Recommend
saeed shoja heydari
Vetaque
5 de agosto de 2007

How much is total count on choline chloride corn-cob?

Recommend
supriyati kompiang
7 de enero de 2008
Please send me some informations in using its for milk production in ruminant? Can I have free sample for feeding trial? Thank you. S. Kompiang Indonesian Research Institute for Animal Production
Recommend
Serkan Saka
Serkan Saka
21 de enero de 2008

Dear friends, I search about the probiotic production process. Do you know anything about it?

Recommend
Joseph
Joseph
22 de mayo de 2008

Educative article about Choline chloride in Poultry! Keep updating your informations.

Anthonia Joseph
Bio - Organics Nut. Syst. Ltd.
Lagos - Nigeria.

Recommend
Hafiz Imran Shakoor
11 de junio de 2010
Informative and practical article for persons involved in quality control of feed ingredients and finished feeds.
Recommend
Tariq Mushtaq
3 de enero de 2013

What is advantages of silica based Choline chloride over corn cob based CC?
One of the main problem of Reinecke salt method is standardization. Any other method which analyse choline part of CC? What's about confirmation through HPLC based tests?

Recommend
Sergio Velez
Alimentos CCR
15 de enero de 2013

For Dr.Kompiang:

Choline Chloride is worthless for ruminants: it is 100% degraded in the rumen and half life is of only minutes. Ruminants DO respond to choline but not in the chloride form used for monogastrics.

Recommend
Dr. K. M. Ehasanul Islam
10 de marzo de 2013
Thank you for this type of learning topics.
Recommend
Tariq Mushtaq
11 de marzo de 2013

@ Dr. Kompiang
Rumen protect choline chloride is now available. Very good to control body fat metabolism especially when animal is in negative energy balance. Reduces the chances of ketosis when used in combination with rumen protected niacin.

Recommend
Luis De Uriarte
AAPSA Alimentos y Aditivos Pecuarios S. A. de C. V.
16 de febrero de 2021

Tariq Mushtaq
Can you please send information on the equivalence for CC vs Betain? Thanks

Recommend
Md. Abdullah Ansari
28 de septiembre de 2014
How Betaine can replace choline in layer feed formulation?
Recommend
Tariq Mushtaq
30 de septiembre de 2014
In general 400g of Betaine HCl = 1000g CC60% based on molecular equivalence and bioavailability with additional benefit of osmo-regulation. I can send you detailed info and some articles by email. Please send me your email.
Recommend
akram shabani
29 de abril de 2018
Tariq Mushtaq please send me related articles.
Recommend
Ibrahim El Idrissi
26 de octubre de 2019
Tariq Mushtaq Dear Tariq Could you send articles related to Betaine molecular equivalence and bioavailability. Here you have my email: ibrahimelidrissi@gmail.com. Thank you for helping. So long Ibrahim
Recommend
dr.tanveer
12 de julio de 2015

Nice work, sir.

Recommend
saman priyantha
4 de junio de 2017
Can you please explain the difference between corn cob based CC and silica based CC. What is worth to use for poultry in the tropics?
Recommend
Dr Pooja Bhardwaj
Microlabs
29 de junio de 2017
Nice Article!!!
Recommend
akram shabani
29 de abril de 2018
How much choline is choline chloride (60%)?
Recommend
Mostafa Lotfi
12 de octubre de 2020
approximately 52%
Recommend
Dr.Rajesh M Mirkale
15 de noviembre de 2018

What should be the ideal cc colour ideally and if colour changes, what is the risk factor?

Recommend
Asmaa Zayed
16 de octubre de 2019

What analysis could be done to check the quality of Choline chloride? Is there an analysis to check the percentage of choline chloride itself?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.