Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Disease Prevention Using Elisa Technique

Published: May 27, 2015
Summary
Even vulnerability of market conditions cannot stop the growth of Indian Poultry Industry today. Continuous improvement in genetic potential targeted towards getting better performance from the bird has made this unbelievable success realistic today. Along with the genetic upgradetation, the success can also be credited to nutritional awareness amongst the producers. It however fails to address t...
Related topics:
Authors:
drprasad kulkarni
Adisseo
Recommend
Comment
Muhammad Faeooq Qureshi
30 de septiembre de 2015
Can you give Protective titer range for NCD,A I h8,IB,IB Varrients,MG,APV.in high risk areas.
Recommend
Dr Prasad Kulkarni
Adisseo
1 de octubre de 2015
The guidelines called baseline titres can be made available. It do requires the practical application based on current findings(disease confirmation) by serology. To differentiate the infectious and vaccine titres the parameter of vaccination Index guides you & the software also gives liberty to create your own baseline for high risk areas which you refer. But it do require some ground work in terms of data & good analytical skills to arrive at conclusion and this is most enjoyable part as a veterinarian to resolve this.
Recommend
Atef Abou Zead
1 de octubre de 2015
Please give the base line to differentiate between the infection and vaccination for different diseases
Recommend
Surinder Maini
1 de octubre de 2015
A good commercial articalto promote Elisa equipment, kits and services, baseline titres of one area will be useless in other areas, base line titres will depend upon vaccine program used, the breed, the nutrition, the stress factors and many more factors, you can not solve any Poultry disease problem using Elisa tech alone, if this was true -why there r so many diseases in the Poultry industry, and nothing in the country birds and unvaccinated chicken
Recommend
Dr.Abdul Razak
2 de octubre de 2015
I agree with Syringe .Elisa is one of the tool to know how vaccine or field exposture responding with paired sample,not as confirmatory to disease agent ,there are other test to be carried out like PCR,HI,AGID . Baseline tire has to be created by individual company with there own vaccine program and same Elisa kits.
Recommend
Emad Elgazzar
AL WADI POULTRY FARMS COMPANY
3 de octubre de 2015
I agree with that opinion because we could evaluate the immune stats of the flocks(firstly).then we can predict the time of vaccination(second).we can judge the vaccination procedure.about zero titre.or good titre.....etc.
Recommend
Tiruvarur Subramanian Thiyagasundaram
3 de octubre de 2015
Differentiation between protective and infective titres depend on many factors other than the ELISA Technique alone. But as Dr Kulkarni has mentioned, a baseline DATABASE ( farm/ stock/ age/ nutrition/ season etc etc) factors need to be created over time which can serve as guidelines. The decision as to whether the vaccination has induced adequate protective immunity titre is an art rather than a routine formula.
Recommend
Dr Prasad Kulkarni
Adisseo
3 de octubre de 2015
Mr. Atef, pl send your mail ID to share with you an Interpretation manual. This gives the idea of possible titres birds attain with every vaccine categorised by strain, (live and killed antigen) depending on age and stage and type of bird even. I can say that Elisa can guide for planning immunisation and resolve issues. I have practically experienced and enjoyed to resolve IBD, Mg, IBV, IBH issues. The time span of to control may vary but Elisa is good guide to understand and find the solution. Also its not easy and tests our knowledge, analytical skills. But good understanding of prevelling status of flock, farm and area takes you close to solution. What is lacking is proper periodical monitoring when situation is under control. Actually this seropicture during good productivity guides to handle the disturbed immune status in crisis period for the solution.Most of the poultry producers are ready to spend for controling outbreaks but avoids to spend for regular monitoring. This make it more tuf to handle as guideline of seroprofiling is lacking in most of the cases. Evenif many good veterinarins can guess and correct the needful proper guideline or developing own baseline is today's need of the hour. Developing own baseline is the proper solution to handle the situation. It appers time consuming and expensive for poultry producers initially but is economic than handling outbreaks practically. Unaware of this fact most poultry producers sideline this issue making this job difficult for a consulting veterinarian. In todays scanerio a dedicate approch to resolve health issues in poultry definately has high success ratio and Elisa is handy tool as a guideline for a veterinarian to resolve poultry health issues.
Recommend
Antonio C. Lubao
5 de octubre de 2015
Dear Dr. Kulkarni, I am breeding game cocks in the Philippines. My biggest problem is my almost forty five percent mortality rate of my yearly produce. I have been vaccinating my flocks for NCD, Bulsar Decease, etc. but my flocks would almost, always are affected by respiratory decease. I want you to know that it is our practice in the gamecock breeding industry to kill unhealthy birds immediately. Can you provide me with the most effective vaccines for respiratory and digestive track deceases and also for Bulsar Desease and Marek Desease? Please also provide me with the most effective schedule of vaccination. My email is: judgeantonio@yahoo.com
Recommend
Dr Kotaiah Talapaneni
Indbro Research & Breeding Farms
5 de octubre de 2015
Please post the vaccination program followed. What are the post mortem findings in dead birds? If you are finding tumors inspite of proper mareks vaccination you may have to screen your birds for avian leucosis virus. This can be done by elisa testing using alv antibody kits. If you are breeding your own birds this protocol can be essential. Dr.kotaiah
Recommend
Dr Oyeleye Azeez Olanrewaju
6 de octubre de 2015
Will appreciate if you can state the condition under which the birds are reared and all the lesions seen in the dead. Also at what age do the birds start dying? Your source of birds should also be confirmed. Dr Lanre Oyeleye-Bioku
Recommend
Tiruvarur Subramanian Thiyagasundaram
6 de octubre de 2015
Testing all the stock for ALC USING ELISA KITS is the first step. If you have not introduced Mareks vaccine, it is to be done. If the number of game birds bred is in significant number, synchronise egg setting and hatching of baby chicks to reduce age differences . The chick brooding area needs better isolation and Biosecurity to avoid frequent people movement from older to younger birds. If you have got any Veterinary Post Mortem done on dead/ sick/ weak birds and if this information is shared you may get more practical advice. As Game birds breeding is also conservation of your native gene resources, please give more attention.
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
6 de octubre de 2015
Please take time to answer following questions: 1. Age at which mortality due to respiratory disease is noticed. 2. If you conduct a post mortem check do you see yellowish material in peritoneal cavity? 3. In the PM check how do the intestines look , hemorrhagic, gas filled, opaque or translucent? 4. Are the respiratory symptoms noticed 1-3 days after a vaccination? 5. Please also provide vaccination details in a Tabled format, Name of vaccine, Age at Vaccination, Route of vaccination.If possible send few pictures of gross clinical and autopsy ( my email : lalitbelwal@gmail.com). 6. Do you give vaccine to individual bird or follow mass vaccination ( e.g. drinking water/spray ) Regards
Recommend
Surinder Maini
6 de octubre de 2015
The original topic is being deviated, local gene pool, fighting cock breading, vaccine program etc are being discussed, this is the main. Problem with Poultry, no two vets will agree on a point, and the future of poulty is in their hands
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
6 de octubre de 2015
That is the essence of evolution of science - 'not agreeing' and looking for new - think positive please.
Recommend
Surinder Maini
6 de octubre de 2015
In the process of looking for new things Poultry is being ruined dr belwal, solve the problems of the farmers, they need solutions not philosophically
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
6 de octubre de 2015
I give that honour to generation next. Please solve problems as you can. Science is daughter of Philosophy.End of matter please.
Recommend
Dr. Rama Prasad Chakraborty
7 de octubre de 2015
Earlier unhealthy brawl is not advocable in this engormix forum.Hence focus on the issue with an asthetic sense and welcome any new innovation Elisa kit to make tangible progress in diagnosis.
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
7 de octubre de 2015
Dear Sirs, I would request you to read the message of Mr.Antonio C. Lubao carefully. He has expressed a problem in his poultry operations without mentioning ELISA anywhere. If experts more experienced and knowledgeable than me can advise him to use ELISA and stop mortality in his Farm they are most welcome to do so.In my humble opinion that problem can be resolved by proper vaccination regimes. I agree that digressing from ELISA issue is of little value in the context of Flock immunity monitoring but I was addressing a specific problem expressed by Mr. Lubao. My apologies if this has offended my learned friends. Once again I plead, contribute positively if you have to. Answers to my questions from Mr Lubao would have lead to a discussion on ELISA and other means of flock monitoring, but Alas!
Recommend
Dr. Rama Prasad Chakraborty
7 de octubre de 2015
Your apprehension on flock monitoring. immunity status .serum titre all come in a trot and these components of diagnosing disease could not be ignored.Over and above any diagnosis through Elisa test kit appears there should not be if and but to opt same.After all there were many a instances of outbreak of disease despite we did vaccination the flock with proven care.Hence drive away your emotion and discuss sensibly.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.