Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Efficient milk production under heat stress condition

Published: September 19, 2016
Summary
Heat stress is now considered to be the cause of the largest economical loss to the world’s dairy sector. The reasons for this are global warming, the increase in milk output per cow and the “immigration” of dairy sectors from temperate to tropical and sub-tropical regions, where the demand for milk in most cases is increasing.   Heat stress negatively affects the glo...
Related topics
Authors:
Israel Flamenbaum
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Israel Flamenbaum
3 de octubre de 2016
Dear Rajesh, I have very poor knowledge on cold stress. Hopefully, one of the members can answer your question
Hassan Khan
4 de octubre de 2016

Well, this varies depending upon the conditions and humidity and also on the ability of the animals beyond which it cannot be tolerated and the animals feel under stressed, where its production go down day by day.

Philip Chamberlain
Chamberlain Veterinary Services - CVS
11 de octubre de 2016
I work a lot in dairy development in India, China, Vietnam and northern Australia. I agree that heat management is essential and good cooling systems are available, but must be implemented professionally. However in many tropical climates I work in (hot and very humid) I still firmly believe we should be looking at genetics, both within HF also considering other breeds, including Brown Swiss, and cross breds, including Jersey X HF and local breed X HF. In Vietnam, on lowland farms, HF X Jersey overwhelmingly outperform HF in annual production, inter-calving interval, general health, lameness and longevity. I always advise new and current dairy clients in the moist tropics, to take breed/genetics seriously, especially in relation to environmental adaptation, especially managing heat and humidity.
Israel Flamenbaum
12 de octubre de 2016
Hello Philip You are right in your observation and it will be better use crossing in case you can't provide cows with good feeding , housing, veterinary care and effective cooling. Anyhow, my experience in these same tropical regions is that, once you manage giving all these factors, then HF is able to manifest its potential and be superior over other breeds or crosses.
Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
12 de octubre de 2016
An animal needs chromium to optimize the insulin response which impacts glucose metabolism and creates cellular energy. Insulin does not function properly if an animal has a chromium deficiency and deficiency can lead to significant energy loss. Chromium allows cows to use energy efficiently.
Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
12 de octubre de 2016
Also feed energy rich diets. With proper buffering agents due to pleasant rumen environment.
Rajeshwaran
19 de octubre de 2016
Dairy cows in New Zealand of all breeds including HF and Jersey are not housed inspite of the cold and wet climate and still continue to produce high quantity of milk. The farmers there say that it is not economical for them to house the cows. Their production levels as you all know are comparable to the World's top countries.
Aphaxard J.N. Ndathi
23 de octubre de 2016
In the hot tropics most of the water is used for cooling. Water is scarce. Increasing milk production will need reduction of body size.
maxim menezes
29 de octubre de 2016
I have a dairy farm for 10 HF cows. I want to increase for 50 cows. In summer i want to use Air blower to cool cow shed area. I want to know is it ok or any humidity problem will com. Please known people advice e. Thanks
Dr. Nauman Raja
9 de noviembre de 2016
Energy requirement is increased up to 20% in heat stressed cows for each 1 degree Celsius increase in body temperature. So, energy rich diet should be fed optimizing buffering effect. So that we wouldn't face acidosis
Rajeshwaran
10 de noviembre de 2016
Acidosis directly stems from excess feeding of grains. The better alternative is to reduce the ill effects of high temperature by cooling of the body by just spraying water on the body three or four times between 11 to 4 pm with a gunny sack on the torso. Reduce exposure to radiation heat in these timings. Crossbred cows form less than 25% of total female bovines. Rest 75% are generally unaffected by heat stress.
PRADEEP BHATIA
BIOGOLD INDUSTRIES
1 de enero de 2017

Heat stress condition can be reduced by using active energy molecules cattle feed supplement from plant extracts.

Gagan deep sobti
Sobti industries
25 de julio de 2018

PRADEEP BHATIA Sir, can you guide us? Any supplement for enhancing milk production of dairy animals during heat stress?

PRADEEP BHATIA
BIOGOLD INDUSTRIES
26 de julio de 2018

Gagan deep sobti
Heat stress is substantially reduced with Phytogenic feed supplements.

PRADEEP BHATIA
BIOGOLD INDUSTRIES
28 de marzo de 2019

Gagan deep sobti you can use product Ecogold bioksheera and see positive results for heat stress and increased milk production

Shifali Sharma
20 de junio de 2019
Heat stress is now considered to be the cause of the largest economic loss to the world’s dairy sector. The reasons for this are global warming, the increase in milk output per cow and the “immigration” of dairy sectors from temperate to tropical and sub-tropical regions, where the demand for milk in most cases is increasing.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister