Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The Most Important Ingredient: Water

Published: May 9, 2008
Summary
Water is the most important nutrient for poultry. Unfortunately it is very much neglected by most poultry farmers in Asian countries and other countries in the world. Water has numerous functions in the body of chicken. It is involved in all digestion processes, it transport all nutrients in the body of chicken, regulates the body temperature and is responsible for elimination of wastes from chick...
Related topics:
Authors:
Munawar Ali
Islamabad Group
Recommend
Comment
Gayana Jeewanthi
Maxies
4 de abril de 2013

Dear Dr.Munawar Ali,

Thank You very much for your help on this subject

Recommend
Gayana Jeewanthi
Maxies
4 de abril de 2013

Dear Ganesh Kumar Dahal,
I would like to ask your opinion for my above questions please..
Thank You

Recommend
Dr.Anjum  Munir
9 de abril de 2013
Such an infomative forum.............me like it...
Recommend
Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
11 de abril de 2013

Dear Gayana Jeewanthi,

I would like to request you to go through my article "Six Top Tips We Must Know On Water Supply of Poultry Farm" published in Engormix. Discussion there in forum will enlighten about your query as detail forum discussion will guide you to decide what will be better for you.
Presently, RO System manufacturing companies have developed their quality processing and now they are able to reduce disadvantage of system also. However you must discuss with RO installing company about pros & cons of RO plant to be installed in your premises.
Please remember that nature has given us water containing minerals with purpose because minerals are vital for functioning of human/animal body efficiently.
Thanks !
G.K.Dahal

Recommend
Mostafa Bokharaeian
24 de marzo de 2016
Would any of you please answer my questions on water quality for broiler chickens? The mean water analysis of a number of farms in our area shows, TDS:800, Salinity:234, Total Hardness: 260, Cl: 142, pH:8.2. We had some reports which after 28-30 day of age, there were increase in number of SDS and lameness cases. Recently, we also have had reports which during first 2 weeks of age there are increased number or lame chicks. Would you please tell me if the water could be the reason? and the nutritional measures could be applied to alleviate the effects of hard water? As well as the best and most economical method to reduce water hardness for broiler chickens? Thanks
Recommend
Ryadi Abderrahmane
25 de marzo de 2016
I dont think that the hard water will be the reason of those problems Check first the chick quality in terms of contamination with mycoplasma et E coli
Recommend
Vipul Chaturvedi
26 de marzo de 2016
Dear Mostafa, Poor water quality is certainly a concern, but it's not the only cause for SDS and lameness. Both are indirectly linked to nutrition deficit and poor uptake by birds. Poor nutrition uptake can be linked to feed quality, environment and water quality. We have an Antibiotic Free protocols for broiler and layers, which combines applications of probiotics, nutrition and herbal extracts. It can also can handle salinity of water up to 3000. Vipul Chaturvedi Email: vipul@npbiologics.com
Recommend
G P
12 de abril de 2016
We have been supplying ozone equipment using microbubble technology to chicken farms in Australia for many years, for treatment of drinking water and also cleaning of drip lines. Our food standards are among the highest in the world and protection from water born disease is an essential process. Additionally we also have been providing egg grading facilities with ozone technology for air and surface sanitation purposes, resulting in cost savings regarding chemicals and labour. For info, email is ozonaire@gmail.com.au
Recommend
MUKHTAR AHMAD
27 de mayo de 2017

Why acidifiers are used in case of poultry?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.