Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Sugar syrup for Poultry feeding

Sugar Syrup- A Dietary Energy Feed for Chicken Meat Production

Published: March 31, 2011
Summary
Introduction. The most vital nutrient in the poultry ration is considered 'dietary energy' even though energy itself is not converted into Glucose in meat or egg except for liponeogenesis. Moreover; it is used as fuel for the synthesis of meat or egg. Therefore 60-65 % of the metabolisible energy in the poultry ration is imputed to carbohydrate. Other nutrients are normally adjusted based on t...
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr.P.George Kunju John
Recommend
Comment
Mohamed Rafat
31 de marzo de 2011

very good search doctor but you didnt mention how the sugar syrup is served to poultry i mean how it is mixed with ration

Recommend
Rahul Brar
Saife Vetmed
1 de abril de 2011

Doctor, this article is really a good work to help feed industry find the economic alternate of feed grains.I wish to know how economic is this sugar syrup as compared to corn?

Recommend
Dr. Arshaq A Ramzee
1 de abril de 2011

Good article but cost would be the main obstacle to use sugar in feed specially in low energy and low density diets. It may be good replacement for oils but we need to have more research.

Recommend
Dr Jaydip Mulik
1 de abril de 2011

Dear Doctor,

Your case stucdy has really opened the new door for Poultry Nutritionist to think on optimum alternative energy source over traditional sources. We wish to conduct much more trials at different environmental conditions and at different inclusion levels.

Also we wish to know the cost of project and procedure to convert the mollasses into the good quality Sugar Syrup.

" Luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it"

Thanks a lot !!!

Regards,

Dr Jaydip

Recommend
Dr.P.George Kunju John
1 de abril de 2011

Dear All,
Many thanks for the appreciation on my article. The sugar syrup is the interim product while refining sugar which is not molasses. We have developed a special equipment to coat sugar syrup onto the feed materials before pelletting in feed plants. We used such feeds for the trial. The economics of it in comparison with corn and oil has been given in the article. Since sugar has no fibre, no toxin and cholesterol it could be the future dietary energy for poultry. I have worked out feasible way to convert molasses to sugar syrup too. Those intersted may contact me

Recommend
Nitin  Suryavanshi
1 de abril de 2011
excellent informative article.there is a need to investigate the substibute for grain portion and this data is very useful. more investigation on fungal toxins whether can be a problem should be investigated, also the easily avaliability is a concern.
Recommend
Dr.sohail Ahmad
Islamabad Group
1 de abril de 2011

It is really a good article about a dietary for chicken meat production and to open the way for the replacement of energy source. Today it is the hot topic that
How to meet the grain demand for poultry / animals feed. If it is economical as mention by Dr. P. George mention in your comments than every body like to used it, but it required a time. I appreciated the work of Dr. George.

Recommend
Dr.k.p.nayak
Vesper Group
1 de abril de 2011

The article very very informative and useful. I am sure this is going to be future energy replacement in chicken.  Only apprehension is availabilty. Is there any Excise problems.

Recommend
Amirreza Bidgoli
1 de abril de 2011

Dear Dr.

Very interesting article about dietary energy feed for chicken meat production.Thanks for your useful trial. We are sure that the prices of Corn will increase as well as oils. So we have to think about cheapest sources of energy. waste or side products which May be from beets, may be from Potatos , ...

I respect your trial.

Recommend
Dr.P.George Kunju John
2 de abril de 2011
Dear Dr.Nayak, Thanks for your interest. We are thinking to develop a product with soybean meal and sugar syrup with Sakthi group in South India. This would avoid the problems of incorporation in feeds. Send me your email so that I can give more details
Recommend
Dr. Zahi
2 de abril de 2011
thanks it would help me about some important facts
Recommend
Mahmood Ali Tabassum
19 de abril de 2011
Thanx Dr.P.George for ur useful and practical informations,due to high prices of grains we have to find alternative cheap energy sources.ur work is excellent in this direction that will also encourage others to work and search in this regards.if possible plz e.mails me some details ,to convert molasses into sugar syrup thanx
Recommend
Sameh Elkoussy
27 de abril de 2011

Dr.P.george
Thanks for your good trial about dietary energy feed for chicken meat production, it is very important specially because the price of ingredients are alwayse higher,i would to will do trial by using sugar syrup 3%,4%,5%.and 6%,please tell me your advice.
Vet.Dr.Smeh Elkoussy
Cairo-Egypt

Recommend
Dr.P.George Kunju John
28 de abril de 2011
Dear Dr. Elkoussy, You may wish to do further research into sugar feeding. In order to carry out a feeding trial you may approach a university in Egypt. If you need to incorporate sugar syrup in feeds you may conatct me
Recommend
Rouzbeh Fathi
7 de septiembre de 2011

Hi. very interesting article about dietary energy feed for chicken meat production. Tankyou

Recommend
Aoun Khan
21 de octubre de 2013
hi, A VERY INFORMATIVE &IMPORTANT TOPIC IS CHOOSEN BY DR P.G.KUNJU,IT IS NEED OF THE TIME TO SEARCH FOR SUCH ENERGY SOURCES OTHER THAN GRAINS .GRAINS R BCOMING EXPENSIVE&MAY B SHORT IN FUTURE BCS OF GROWING HUMAN POPULATION.MY QUESTION IS WHY 15% SUGAR SYRUP HAS NT RESPONDED WELL.....
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.