Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Water Acidifier in Broiler Production

Some Observations on use of Water Acidifier and Sanitizer in Broiler Production

Published: April 11, 2011
Summary
The quality of drinking water for poultry and its effect on performance have been of concern to poultry producers for many years. Water makes up a large proportion of the body of the chicken, from 55% to 75%, therefore it is essential for life. Chickens are able to survive much longer without feed than without water. A rule of thumb for water is that the bird consumes from 1.5 to 2 times as much ...
Related topics
Authors:
Satish Manwar
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
ravindra
23 de julio de 2016
in my opinion the ph of drinking water should be near to 5. as below this ph there is loose droping in birds resulting to poor fcr. as the acidification of drinkinking water on the day of vaccine is concerned, we all know vaccines have oil or gel is used as a carrier which is slightly acidic. so there is no harm in acidification of water on the day of vaccination. thanks
Dr. Rama Prasad Chakraborty
23 de julio de 2016
Quality of the drinking water: 1. pH – Too high or too low pH can have a negative effect on the efficacy of the vaccine virus. 2. Chlorine and heavy metals – Chlorine level as low as one ppm or contamination with heavy metals for example may inactivate the vaccine virus. 3. Oxygenated water – It has a strong antimicrobial effect, therefore the oxygenating system should be switched off at least 48 hours before vaccination. I would like to request Mr.Devendra to up grade himself.I do reiterate that the ideal PH of water for birds should be 4.0 only as discussed earlier.Please remember that the birds receive Live Attenuated Virus Vaccine during immunization exercise while the water needs to be neutral with content of skimmed milk powder away from the sun rays to avoid UV in activation process too.
Sataluri Satagopa Raja Ayyangar
Synergy Biorefineries Pvt
23 de julio de 2016
Please try with turmeric and herbal oils to prevent bacterial contaminations in water and let me know the trials.
Dr. Hassan Kazim
23 de julio de 2016
No Any type stableliZer is recommended for vaccines and other acidfier se may be dangerous for little bit more use.
23 de julio de 2016
Use of Skimmed Milk Powder in appropriate level in water while vaccinating birds are recommended.Here SMP to be used acts like a stabilizer.
Tarusenga Munyanyi
24 de julio de 2016
Water contaminated with chemicals will not work for vaccination purpose always use water which is treated with skimmed milk so that the potence of the vaccine is there which will help to create antibodies
24 de julio de 2016
Mr.Tarusenga has endorsed my observation to put a point on incorporating Skimmed Milk during vaccinating birds through drinking water.
ravindra
24 de julio de 2016
agree dr rama sir. thanks for sharing.
 Dr. Vijay Swami
Wuhan Sunhy Biology Co., Ltd
2 de agosto de 2016
Dear All, Kindly give your opinion on the use of clo2 use along with acidifier. and what PPM is effective to use Clo2 in water.
Mridul Borah
14 de septiembre de 2017

This is a good job done. In most part of India, the water quality used in poultry is poor. Hence treatment is always necessary to get the proper result. However, from the article, I could not get clear information what kind of sanitizer the author used. If the author can provide the information it will be more beneficial for us.

Thanks,
Mridul.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister