Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Dietary electrolyte balance in chickens

Dietary electrolyte balance in heat stressed broiler chickens

Published: May 14, 2012
Summary
High ambient temperatures coupled with high humidity can be devastating to commercial broilers. Heat stress interferes with the broiler´s comfort and suppresses productive efficiency. Although increased heat is seen as a major problem in poultry production, studies show that it is not only the excessively high temperatures, but also the fluctuation of the temperature which is more detriment...
Related topics:
Authors:
Sudipto Haldar
Influencers who recommended :
Dr Pooja Bhardwaj
Recommend
Comment
???? ???????
15 de abril de 2013

Dear friends
I want to know the amount of vitamin C by kgms that I can add to one ton of feed and what is the temperature that I need to start adding vitamins.

Recommend
Kamal
16 de abril de 2013

Chromium tripicolinate -yield good benefits in stress related conditions in broilers.

Recommend
Puneet
Montajat Veterinary Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd.
19 de abril de 2013

Sodium sulphate has a good scope in the near future. It is an adequate replacement for sodium chloride as synthetic betaine has negative effects of chloride (as mentioned by Dr. Haldar). Also, it replaces sodium bicarbonate adequately (sod sulphate is required almost 16% less than soda bicarb to balance the same sodium). Dietry bicarbonate binds to H+ ions released in the gut from the blood (besides bicarbonate released in the gut from the blood in lieu of chloride absorbed), thus forming water and CO2. No bicarbonate goes directly into the blood. In contrast, the Sulphate from sodium sulphate is non-absorbable and is excreted, thus does not causing any acidity. Thus, Sulphate quenches ammonia in the excreta and litter forming ammonium sulphate (an inert compound), thereby reducing litter ammonia drastically.

Recommend
Dr Pooja Bhardwaj
Microlabs
13 de mayo de 2020

Very nice article, sir. Please help me to understand what is chloride load in poultry and its ill effects?

Recommend
Paschal Odinaka
7 de marzo de 2021
I need the full reference for this article, please.
Recommend
AKM SHAHIDUL ISLAM
20 de marzo de 2021
I need full reference of this article.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.