Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Daily feed for laing hens

Published: February 27, 2015
By: Arjun Chopra

Hi, I have around 200 lohmann brown laying hens (average 3kgs) but I got this problem. I used to give them feed in abundance, I mean, as much as they want to eat, but I was told I should feed them with 110g per hen. So I calculate it and it would be like 22 kilograms per day, but they eat all the feed really quickly and remains hungry… any suggestion? Is the ration ok, or I should feed them till they are satisfied? Thanks

Related topics:
Authors:
Arjun Chopra
Recommend
Comment
Maheswar Rath
27 de febrero de 2015
ok farmer, please reply the following points: 1- what is the age of the layers now which weigh about 3kg when getting adlib feeding . 2-Please quantify how much you have been offering daily to 200lohoman layers? 3-How long you have been a layer farmer. Are you keeping layers on floor or on cage . 4-From which source you got the daily feed requirements for layers now? 5-who supplied you the lohoman layers and at which age? 6-Normally egg type birds do not weigh 3kg of lohoman please check up what type of birds you are having. 7-If it is broiler layers ok it is ok the body wt can come up up to 3kg to 4kg or more as per age. kindly keep touch with the laying bird supplier to know details so that your doubt need to be removed before housing sir. thank you - dr m rath
Recommend
Ing. Dragan Ionut
28 de febrero de 2015
And , what kind of feed do you have , mash or pelleted and what kind of recipe do you supply for the hens ( level of the proteins , aminoacids , calcium , phosphorus , etc All the best
Recommend
Yazid Jamoussi
28 de febrero de 2015
How old are they ?
Recommend
Salem A.dorgham
28 de febrero de 2015
you must know:- 1- the specification of the food you receive from the supplier (the energy content, protein-AAs level,More attention you must payed to the ME/Kg of food. 2- you have distinguish what kind of birds you do raise (commercial laying hens, broiler breeders or native birds). The commercial laying hens never consume balanced food over their requirements. Thank you, please keep in touch best regards
Recommend
Emad Elgazzar
AL WADI POULTRY FARMS COMPANY
28 de febrero de 2015
i,d like to knew about 1-The age of the flock. 2-The type of production.. 3-The formulation of ration 4-Lighting programme.
Recommend
Surinder Maini
1 de marzo de 2015
your location is kerala, is that right, the birds you have are certainly not the brown egg layer type, they are either brown broiler type crosses or the giriraja or vanaraja types, where did you buy them ? what is the egg production % ? what is the age ? purpose of keeping only 200 birds ? be in touch with some poultry expert for advice.
Recommend
John Kaijage
1 de marzo de 2015
Dear farmer. We recommend feeding egg strain bird without restriction from day old chicks up to laying and while laying. Birds usually eat to meat their energy requirement. Energy requirements depend on metabolic body weight, physiological status, weather condition, laying rate and egg weight. Therefore the most important observation is to balance energy/ protein ratio. Thus, scientifically, its not logical to restrict feeding. But you are advised to ensure equipment do not waste feeds. Also you adhere to proper lightning regimes. Layers require at 16hours light.
Recommend
Philippe Joly
2 de marzo de 2015
If there are hungry, they will eat faster. Conclusion: give more feed. Advice: give the feed at 2 pm. Feeders have to be empty at 10 am
Recommend
Erick Rolón Ríos
Avicola Rolon
2 de marzo de 2015
Can´t be lohmann brown laying hens . They can not reach 3 Kg Body weight. Maybe someone sold you a pig in a poke,
Recommend
Ing. Dragan Ionut
3 de marzo de 2015
Correct mr. Erick. All the best sir..!
Recommend
Arjun Chopra
4 de marzo de 2015
Hi all, thanx for comments. they are 26-27 weeks old, egg production 80% and as I said, their weight is approximately 3kg in average. according to supplier, they are lohmann brown but I will have to check that! Thanx for advice!
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.