Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Beneficial microbial signals from alternative feed ingredients: a way to improve sustainability of broiler production?

Published: August 5, 2019
Summary
Chicken meat production is more sustainable and has lower environmental impact than porcine and bovine meat production. Chicken production uses less feed consumed for each kilogram of meat produced and uses less land and water for both farming and feed production (Flachowsky et al., 2017). Moreover, the broiler production industry has, for many years, continuously improved animal performance, ref...
Related topics
Authors:
Filip Van Immerseel
Ghent University
Follow
Venessa Eeckhaut
Ghent University
Follow
Professor Robert Moore
RMIT University
Follow
Mingan Choct
University of New England
Follow
Richard Ducatelle
Ghent University
Follow
Show more
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
dan hofer
7 de septiembre de 2019

Has anybody ever fed peas extruded at 300 Fahrenheit being heat extruded? I think it would be like eating raw potato versus french fries.

Asaad Ahmed Elsabbagh
25 de marzo de 2020

This is a very nice and attractive article but i think it will take a long time to reach to the point that we can know the total microbiota composition and the specific function of each one or group, also to know the end product of each, the synergy or antagonist action between each other. So I think we have to depend on the advanced meta-genomic sequence assembly methods, which can allow us to more understanding the intestinal microbiota composition, grouping , functions, end products and its effects over the different digestibility, gut health and total performance markers.

Lawal Sesan
15 de julio de 2020

There are lots of alternative feed ingredients that have not been put into use, especially in Africa, but with the use of beneficial microbes a lot of them can be detoxified and used.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister