Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
Article published the June 7, 2022
INTRODUCTIONIn recent years, interest in the welfare of hens has been increasing. The public and activist groups than by scientific evidence have influenced much of current European legislation on the welfare of laying hens more. These groups proposed that the European Union abolish the cage housing system by the enriched cage system (750 cm2 of surface per bird); where the hens also have perches ...
remove_red_eye 67
forum 0
Article published the December 1, 2021
INTRODUCTIONSoybean meal´s good amino acids (AA) balance makes it an excellent protein source in poultry diets, although it does have the disadvantage of containing antinutritional factors such as trypsin inhibitors and lectins. These can negatively affect animal growth if the SBM is not adequately processed(1) using a proper cooking time and temperature to deactivate these factors(2). Exces ...
remove_red_eye 363
forum 3
Article published the October 6, 2021
INTRODUCTIONSoybean meal (Glycine max) is a widely used ingredient in livestock feed for its excellent protein content. Its production in Mexico is for use in the livestock industry, and is limited by the small scale of domestic soy bean production. Only 3 % of soybean meal demand is met by domestic production, the remaining 97 % coming from imported raw material(1). Despite its excellent protein ...
remove_red_eye 180
forum 0
Article published the October 5, 2021
INTRODUCTIONThe physical form of the diet is a tool to improve broiler live performance, especially feed efficiency. However coarse feed particles enhance gizzard function, which was referred to as the pacemarker of gut motility (Xu et al. 2015a, Xu et al. 2015b, Kheravi et al. 2017). Studies respect to particle size impact on health, digestive efficiency and broiler performance were developed mor ...
remove_red_eye 688
forum 0
Article published the September 29, 2021
INTRODUCTIONThe inclusion of fats and oils in broiler chicken diets is a common practice because they provide essential fatty acids, improved the absorption of soluble nutrients in oil and increased the content of metabolizable energy (ME) in the diets (Hossain and Das, 2014). Feeding programs are established based on EM needs, so nutritional strategies are sought to optimize productivity consider ...
remove_red_eye 362
forum 0
This member gave a presentation on January 26, 2021
At the following event:
IPPE Marketplace - International Production & Processing Expo 2021
Article published the November 3, 2020
INTRODUCTIONIn China, Spain, Italy, Mexico and Peru, amongst other countries, the consumer demands chicken with yellow skin pigmentation. Since skin pigmentation is associated with health status and product freshness (Breithaupt 2007, Liu et al 2008, Hernandez-Velasco et al 2014), there is a largevolume of whole chicken or parts commercialized with the skin (Baker and Günther 2004). The inclu ...
remove_red_eye 200
forum 0
Article published the October 4, 2018
BackgroundControl and eradication of intestinal infections caused by protozoa are important biotechnological and medical challenges worldwide. The coccidial parasites Eimeria, Toxoplasma, Neospora and Cryptosporidium are the cause of serious diseases in humans and animals. Many of these intracellular protozoa affect the small intestine and produce devastating effects on immune compromised subjects ...
remove_red_eye 520
forum 1
Article published the November 23, 2017
IntroductionCurrent broiler growth rate is partly the result of an intense genetic selection;1 therefore, feeding is important to achieve the maximum productive expression. Success attained until now in this practice has been due to better knowledge of the functions that different nutriments carry out, which in turn allows higher precision when establishing nutrimental needs.2 To be able to feed c ...
remove_red_eye 1960
forum 3
Article published the August 4, 2017
IntroductionAfter the fermentation process of corn to produce ethanol, the remaining fat in the by-product distiller’s dried grains with solubles (DDGS) is extracted by centrifugation. The resulting by-product is known as low-fat DDGS, which has slightly higher protein content, amongst other nutrients, compared with conventional DDGS (Kshun and Kurt, 2012). The fat extraction in low-oil DDGS ...
remove_red_eye 544
forum 0
equalizer Statistics: Articles(10)
Location:Mexico, Distrito Federal, México
Profile: Academic / scientific
Occupation: Veterinary Doctor
Participations in events:
Followers (11)
Following (1)