Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Vaccine incompatibility in poultry

Published: April 2, 2015
Summary
Drug Incompatibility: Definition: Drug Incompatibility refers to interactions between two or more substances which lead to changes in chemical, physical, therapeutic properties of the pharmaceutical dosage form. A drug interaction is a situation in which a substance (usually another drug) affects the activity of a drug when both are administered together. This action can be syne...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Hassan Kazim
Recommend
Comment
Pmggopal
15 de abril de 2015
Good information sir
Recommend
Dr.Saritha Pillai
20 de abril de 2015
The title and discussion don't match at all ? Vaccine incompatibility is not mentioned here at all ... DISCUSSION WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE: Vaccine incompatibility -1. Combining vaccines reduces the number of injections necessary to protect a bird from infectious disease, and, therefore making ,possible to give all vaccines before the point of lay without fail and less handling , but certain vaccine formulations are incompatible like in Humans , the live oral cholera vaccine liquid formulation and live typhoid enteric coated capsule formulation are not compatible and must be delivered separately, diminishing the likelihood that each will be effectively distributed. 2. When local strains like AI vaccines are incompatible for use eg : Use H1 and H3 in turkeys and pig reared area where H5 and H7 don't work etc.. 3.Anticoccidial drugs when using Cocci vaccines depending on vaccine type 4.Some NE management programmes are incompatible with Cocci vaccines4. Lasota NDV vaccine on day 1 with Mycoplasma vaccine in a positive flock without treatment 5.Some salmonella vaccines except inovo vaccines are incompatible with some MD vaccine 6. The main challenge towards polyvalent vaccination 7.Incompatibility with diagnostic kits to identify field and virus strain etc 7. Incompatibility with water sanitizers 8.Incompatibility in Route of vaccination confusion like ILT and Pox occurs sometimes.9.Incompatibility with the level of maternal antibodies like IBD
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Dr.Saritha Pillai all drug are incompatible for maternal Antibodies. And all vaccine are incompatible with each expect Nd IB.. Just... But time of administrate is different at different place. This topic is just for understand ..u can ask me any detail on my email ?? chaudhry6565@gmai.com
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
20 de abril de 2015
I agree with Dr Saritha. However, it was difficult to comprehend the meaning of her statement, Quote," When local strains like AI vaccines are incompatible for use eg : Use H1 and H3 in turkeys and pig reared area where H5 and H7 don't work etc.. " , unquote. Please elaborate on this. Thanks
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Lalit Belwal Ai virus have different types of starin not on single. One... And please this topic is on drug incompatiblility.and all vaccine are incompatible with drug ..so we use 24 hours time for vaccine administrate
Recommend
Dr.Saritha Pillai
20 de abril de 2015
As such there is no review article available on vaccine compatibility in poultry, I wrote it based on my reads and experience .. I kindly request that you can read few articles ... on ... species mix and AI vaccine strains in/compatibility based on geographic location .....vaccination of AI and DIVA strategy .... then regarding vaccine containing a heterologous neuraminidase for the control of avian influenza ... Mainly on AI vaccine in/ compatible with a DIVA strategy ..Kindly read all these you will get idea what it means ...
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Dr.Saritha Pillai Avian influenza virus change their starin after every attack on every species so u cant control even vaccine... It change H and N structure.
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
20 de abril de 2015
Please correct me if I am wrong. I think you meant unsuitability of an AI vaccine in a different epidemiological region / location vis-a-vis prevalent virus(es) . Incompatibility with regard to vaccines may be more applicable in terms of interference or suppression of immune response of one vaccine by another component of a combined vaccine or by two live vaccines administered simultaneously. However, "All generalisations are false, including this one...." , so said Mark Twain.....
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Lalit Belwal u can mix only 2 vaccine ND And IB.. All other show harm full responce expect these
Recommend
Dr.Saritha Pillai
20 de abril de 2015
Dr Lalit ....Perceptions are different ..... interference or suppression of immune response of a vaccine is the basis of DIVA strategy ie DIVA tests based on cell-mediated immune responses (Expert Rev. Vaccines 9(1), 73–87 (2010). ... Since ur working as Group Dy. Director General & Managing Director ( Vaccine Division) Rural Technology Development JSC, before ur role with Vaxperts,Indovax and hester makes u an expert in this topic ..so plz explain in detail to avoid generalisations by a 'one upper' stand... u are an expert so the discussion is handed to u ..we like to hear about vaccine incompatibility of AI vaccines from you .....
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Dr.Saritha Pillai Yes mam u r respectable for me... U can ask me every thing free... Mainly incompactablity only seen with drug... All vaccines are incompatible expect ND and IB... These can be.... Interduced by many companies.
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Dr.Saritha Pillai when u use any drug in case of virus attack the morbidity and mortality ratio will increase very fast
Recommend
Lalit Belwal
Indovax
20 de abril de 2015
Dear Dr Patil DIVA expands as 'Differentiating Infected from Vaccinated Animals' and I am afraid has nothing to do with vaccine incompatibility but is important for epidemiological studies.Kindly do not take these views personally. I am not an expert on anything and still learning , 'Knowledge is like an ocean, deeper we go more we come to know how shallow we are' - said JF Kennedy. I think I have hurt your feelings unknowingly and apologise for the same. I would not like to take this discussion further since it has moved away from the core issue and appears to have become personal. Best regards and good wishes for future.
Recommend
Dr.Saritha Pillai
20 de abril de 2015
Dear Dr Lalit ...DIVA everyone knows what it is and what it means for AI, FMD etc ...but the question is how vaccines respond when used in DIVA strategy ? why some vaccines reduce clinical symptoms not virus shedding ...etc... There are no technical reviews on this matter compared to drug incompatibility u have been working for such long in this field I expected that you can explain in detail about AI vaccines incompatibility .... To my belief there is nothing personal in it than a technical discussion and working for vaccines for such a long time makes u an expert ... there is no reason to 'quote' humbleness... u are better than me in this field..so was accepting a review in detail ....I'm sorry ..I never meant so ...I'm only responsible for what I say and not responsible for your thinking or imagination or perceptions .... sorry this is just a technical discussion don't get offended ... I expect to learn from you ....
Recommend
Dr.Saritha Pillai
20 de abril de 2015
Last but not the least ...Kindly note what I said in the beginning ... I meant that the vaccine incompatibility can discuss on why AI certain AI vaccines are incompatible when used in DIVA strategy .... in terms of Immune response and kit response... simple ...
Recommend
Dr Irfan Noor
SB Feed
12 de mayo de 2015
Nice copy paste effort.
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Dr Irfan Noor Thanks bro for ready again.
Recommend
Hassan Kazim Chaudhry
14 de octubre de 2017
Yes its useful for farmer. But if any one want detail kindly contact me on my Email ?? chaudhry6565@gmail.com
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.