Discussion created on 06/18/2018

Secondary Infection after Infectious Bronchitis, Became more of an issue than the IB itself

I will be Glad if you help me in this regard, Currently in Pakistan 90% off Broiler Farmer are badly suffering Infectious Bronchitis. Repeatedly Every Year in wheat harvesting season we are facing this problem duration is ‘’March April May and June’’
Most of Farmer is doing Live and even that Killed Vaccine to protect Broiler Bird but nothing work
Secondary Infection after IB, Became more of an issue than the IB itself
Kidney damage, Fatty Liver, Fever, uro-genital tract , E Coli , Reducing Feed Intake,

Although morbidity is very high,

Nothing to do with Bio-Security People are Throwing dead Bird on the Passage everywhere. Environment is highly contaminated with IB Virus

Poor Result of antibiotic [only wastage of Money] No Result, we did Lab Culture also
No- Antibiotic are Responding
Regards

Aftab Anwar
raoaftab@gmail.com
Pakistan

Anonymous query
Pakistán
Agricultural Engineer
remove_red_eye 3493 forum 99 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
July 31, 2018

IB qx killed vaccine is available. Better you vaccinate healthy houses also with this.
IB qx damages oviduct not ovary. All birds look like layers. Eggs do not come out because of the oviduct damage.
The damage can be irreversible.

July 31, 2018
Recall that Infectious Bronchitis is a virus enveloped by what good biosafety practices are very important, also with this we prevent the entry of other pathogens.
Andrew Gomulka Andrew Gomulka
Student
August 8, 2018

Hi: IB Ma5 vaccine might not give good immune protection against a field strain of IBV if there is significant genetic difference. Do you know what filed strain of IBV infected the flock? If not phylogenetic sequencing might be advised to find what strain of IBV is present and proper vaccine should be administered. There are many strains of IBV and cross protection might be not present if vaccine and the filed strain is genetically different.

August 8, 2018

Can someone help, I stay in a place where winter is very cold. My problem is with water belly.

Dr. Mohammad Akram Dr. Mohammad Akram
Consultant Microbiologist
August 9, 2018

Dear Pitso Moeketsi,

The major cause of Water Belly (Ascites) is lack of oxygen in the poultry house, resulting damage of heart & liver of birds.

Following measures can be helpful to reduce the losses:-

- Restricting feed intake
- Feeding Mash feed of low protein
- Stop using water with high level of Sodium.
- Prevent chilling or overheating by increasing or decreasing the temperature respectively.
- Improving ventilation to increase the Oxygen level of poultry house.

August 9, 2018

Hi Dr Muhammed, the given tips are helpful. I have already taken these measures. I am sure this will be managed.
Thank you.

Alamin Yagoub Alamin Yagoub
BSC-with honor in agriculture specialize of poultry production"v.good".
August 10, 2018
I appreciate your consultation,and I think you are purchased to the important part in poultry production management.
Thanks a lot (Dr:Muhammad).
August 12, 2018

Dear vets

Kindly share your opinion about killed vaccines like ND +IB or ND killed why doctors recommend in Broiler birds. And what benefits our valuable farmers get from both vaccines vs live vaccines?
Regards.

August 13, 2018
Muhammad Hassan
In the respiratory processes is vitally important the use of live vaccines to generate Ig A and thereby neutralize the entry of pathogens, after its use is recommended the use of emulsified vaccines as buster.
In the case of Newcastle, it is important to use several vaccinations with emulsified products to provide a solid immunity to the challenges.
August 28, 2018
Socorro Magdalena Escorcia Martínez

Thanks for your comments
Tahir Naseem Tahir Naseem
M Phil Pathology
August 27, 2018

it is very true that IB is converted to "Respiratory Syndrome" due to the severity of secondary infection.
To prevent such situation we need proper vaccines & vaccination schedule proper oxygen supply and most importantly appropriate Relative Humidity percentage i.e above 60 %.
In Pakistan, it is more dangerous during the winter season and all the season with low atmospheric Humidity percentage. It is almost not prevalent between the months of July to mid October. Therefore foggers should be installed within the sheds to prevent such situations of low RH, moreover, fish farming should be started near any Poultry Farm, So that RH percentage should be above 60% round the year.
Thanks.

August 28, 2018

Dear Sir, 

Thanks for your valuable comments and as you well aware our regional farmer can do that means foggars they can installed in the sheds

albert ezeonyia albert ezeonyia
Student
September 4, 2018

Thank you, Sir, for this useful information. I visited a layer farm that has fish farm all round the farm house and the layers perform better. Here in Nigeria it is supposed to be a common practice especially during the heat period when farmers normally lose heavily.
Thanks.

August 16, 2019

In my opinion, you have to ascertain the local strains of IB prevailing in your area before taking up of Vaccination against IB . of course E.Coli is the main secondary complication for IB secondly using live vaccines against ND. And Mycoplasma also play similar to E.coli as secondary complicator.
Treat the birds suitably for Mycoplasma with Tilmycosinand for E.Col Bacteriophage treatment and killed or genetically modified Vaccine for ND control
Avoid dust pollution in the farm.

August 20, 2019

AoA,
Hello
More, in Pakistan our houses are run by supervisors they are not technically aware about ventilation so, low oxygen and poor ventilation, high ammonia, co2 and other gaseous load lead to destroy respiratory tract and cause disease.

August 20, 2019

Our farmers are as well informed as any farmer of the world
They even diagnose the condition and treat them accordingly, besides supervision from integrators.

August 21, 2019
They diagnose condition but i am talking about before symptoms and brfore problem.
I am talking abour Factors, respected sir.
August 21, 2019
Now our poultry entrepreneurs know the source of chicks and their history . if they see vertically transmitted disease like Mycoplasma /CRD certainly reflect at the age of 4-5 weeks . They start treatment from day old. as per schedule given by Integrators
November 13, 2019
Thanks sir
For your valuable suggestions
Helal
print
(3493)
(99)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved