Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry Industry in Egypt: Rise in Prices of Chicken Meat

Published: June 22, 2017
Summary
There are countless problems the poultry farming industry is facing in Egypt, a business that has an investment volume of approximately 60 billion pounds, with an employment volume of about 16 million people. The last problem was a rise in prices of one-day old broiler chicks.   Brokers who control prices in more than one way, including monopoly and speculation, pointed out that all th...
Related topics:
Authors:
Khaled Fadlallah
Influencers who recommended :
Khaled Fadlallah
Recommend
Comment
Virendra Kumar Pandey
28 de junio de 2017

If in poultry raise the chicken rate the chicken consumption slightly goes down instead of this try to grow maize & soybean is good.

Recommend
Mahdi Foroughi
Agranco Corp
28 de junio de 2017
Hi. I think there is a typo in feed price. In my opinion the market will find its way soon and everything will balance again.
Recommend
Andrew Sivaram
29 de junio de 2017
Egyptian feed millers should consider using DDGS to replace as much of the corn and soybean meal required in the diets. At today's DDGS prices, the cost saving should be very attractive.
Recommend
daniel severino
29 de junio de 2017
Thank you very much wiyh this artcle THE important thing is on biosecurity and type off vaccines to use during life span of each flock ,as mention in article Regards
Recommend
Khaled Fadlallah
30 de junio de 2017

Dr. Mahdi Foroughi. Thank you for your comment. As I said in my article, the broiler feed price increased from about 5000 EP to about 7000 EP as a result of the decrease in the value of the Egyptian currency.

Recommend
Khaled Fadlallah
30 de junio de 2017

Dear Dr. Virendra Kumar Pandey
Thank you for your comment. I agree with you that the increase in price will slightly decrease the consumption but it is difficult to return to normal so we are obligated to cultivate most of the feedstuff, especially corn and soybean.

Recommend
Khaled Fadlallah
30 de junio de 2017

Dear Dr.Andrew Sivaram
Thank you for your comment.I agree with you that DDGS can replace part of feedstuff used in feed formulation but to completely overcome the problem we have to cultivate corn and soybean.

Recommend
Allcorrect Olaouwa Ayoade
5 de julio de 2017
Same here in Nigeria, broiler feed rises from #3800 to #4300 this year. May God help us
Recommend
Phomolo Mohapi
11 de julio de 2017
Can it be possible to be advised on poultry grower feeds as we are planting yellow maize and sunflower in Lesotho. We are also concerned on prize hikes on poultry feed.
Recommend
Peter Siegel
14 de noviembre de 2017
Dear Mr Khaled Fadlallah Mohammed, Very interesting review about this strategic sector in Egypt. Based in Cairo, I am currently doing some research about this sector an I would like to get your opinion and a few information if possible. My contact détails: 00201 009051604 / peter.siegel@businessfrance.fr Peter Siegel
Recommend
Hailgebriel Lemma
19 de diciembre de 2019
Yes I need
Recommend
kedija hussen mohammed
3 de agosto de 2021
Selam Dear Mr Fhaled, thanks for nice review on the current issue of poultry feed problem and the consequence of it on price of meat. I think the government should encourage the farmer to cultivate maize as well as soybean through establishing cooperative for crop cultivation and linking each cooperative to different poultry industries is a good option to minimize such problem beginning from cause roots.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.