Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Phytobiotics: an Alternative to Antibiotic Growth Promoters

Published: July 4, 2014
Summary
The use of antibiotic growth promoters (AGPs) in animal production began half a century ago, when Stokstad and Jukes added residues of chlortetracycline production to chicken feed. They were added with the objective to serve as a source of vitamin B12, but they caused a growth stimulation that was far too large to be explained only as a vitamin effect. The almost obvious ca...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr. K. M. Ehasanul Islam
9 de julio de 2014

Its a interesting and new topic to me.

Jim Currie
22 de julio de 2014
Oregano has good results and is expensive. Paramount Aromachem India is producing Carvacrol fro D-limonene( Orange Oil ) . This is 99.6% pure and is also the main active in Oregano Oil. paramount have introduce Oregano 75 which is a blend of Carvacrol , Paracymene, Thymol to produce a blend close to odour and Flavour of Natural Oregano. The savings will be quite marked I would like to hear of any views on Synthesised carvacol vs natural Carvacrol. Are there any other factors in Oregano other than Carvacrol that are more effective in combatting bacteria ?
Dr.muhammad Hayyat
22 de julio de 2014
its the latest topic in poultry feed industry.But can anybody explain which is more effective organic acids vs essential oils vs herbs?and can any user explain that the quality of these products lot to lot?
Hassan Khan
23 de julio de 2014
interesting article.
antrison morris
23 de julio de 2014
A novel topic I was not aware untll know about its potential usage in the poultry industry. My understanding in this area is limited. Probably more studies need to be conducted to understand the underlying mechanisms. A lot of studies have been conducted in humans to in phytobiotics in relation to its effect on cancer some of the findings could be used as a starting point to explain the underlying mechanisms.
Antonio C. Lubao
23 de julio de 2014
I am raising and breeding game chicken. I am retiring from the judiciary next year and will be concentrating in farming, particularly, raising and breeding game birds. I am interested in buying essential oils for my game birds. I have tried almost all antibiotics available in the local market but I've never been satisfied in the over-all result in the use thereof, Lately, I tried applying commercial growth promoters advertized to enhance growth for children. I noticed improvement in the height of my game birds. Height is also might in cockfighting because the longer the legs of a bird, the longer the reach,(with balance and proportion of course). I want to try phytobiotics. Could anybody help secure good source of its processed product.
Dr.muhammad Hayyat
24 de julio de 2014
Dear Antonio, I am working with ZIBAL (feed additives) UAE as export manager.we have the range of all phytobiotics.we can provide you essential oils. hayyat_aik@yahoo.com +92 346 4502303
antrison morris
24 de julio de 2014

Muhammad
Do you have probiotics as well.Just curious.Thanks

Dr.muhammad Hayyat
25 de julio de 2014
WOOSTER, its ok yes we have.
antrison morris
25 de julio de 2014
Thanks Muhammad
Stephen Azi Ashom
1 de agosto de 2014
This is the safest way forward. Natural and organic sources of antibiotics have more phytochemicals than already discovered. Synthetics will always have their limitations.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister