Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Isolation of avian influenza H5N1 virus from vaccinated commercial layer flock in Egypt

Published: August 28, 2013
Summary
1 National Laboratory for Veterinary Quality Control on Poultry Production, Animal Health Research Institute, P.O. Box 246-Dokki, Giza, 12618, Egypt 2 Institute of Poultry Diseases, Free University of Berlin, Koenigsweg 63, Berlin, 14163, Germany 3 Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Friedrich Loeffler Institute, Institute of Molecular Biology, Suedufer 10, Greifswald, 17493, Germany...
Related topics
Authors:
Sayed Abd El-Whab
Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut
Follow
Hafez Mohamed
Free University of Berlin
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Maheswar Rath
28 de agosto de 2013

I´m a poultry person in India with more than 35 years of poultry handling directly involved in all sectors of poultry. I see that the present paper is a very good technical activities at university level which is more of academic interest. One question always hits me when this virus could make the pandemic situation and what is the preventive measures? Do the scientists say no bird should remain on this planet? Do the AI advisory body of the world know very well that periodical testing flocks and culling birds would reduce the changes of pandemic panic? Personally, I have no clue and many speculations on AI and poultry commercial sector has tremendous impact on trade and business all over world. Besides, that regular govt fund spending on handling issues of AI is some how getting more day by day. Is it possible to predict the rate of mutation of AI genes between 2003-till date and forecast the future possibilities of AI causing devastation for human -pandemic? Key question - is it true that it is AI of poultry can make cross transmit to human and spread human to human in near future which i could not see so far. Perhaps this subject has become so important that all are trying to do good job for human benefits? It is actually time to protect the poultry industry through good nutrition and husbandry practices rather than getting involved in such speculative theories too much. If required more advance studies can be taken to establish the confusion in right direction.Further question could be which animal/bird are under threat and which living creature is resistance to AI? thank you for a very best scientific studies made at high tech lab and findings are very useful for future days .Dr M Rath.

Abdelaziz Abdelfatah Abdelmotii Ebrahim
30 de diciembre de 2013
MOST OF this details is good but actually most of vaccine against avaian flu not give good results except vaccine of one or two companies only
Dr. A.O. Ogbe
AOgbe
25 de abril de 2014
Interesting work by the authors. I wish we could form collaborative study together in this area of importance in terms of drugs discovery and development- bio-pharmaceuticals against avian flu. Looking forward. Best wishes. Dr.A.O. Ogbe; Department of Veterinary Medicine,University of Abuja,Nigeria. Ogbeadamu@yahoo.com
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister