Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Gut Health in Poultry - The World Within

Published: May 12, 2015
Summary
Introduction The efficient conversion of feed into its basic components for optimal nutrient absorption is vital for both broiler and broiler breeder production and welfare. Gut health, an intricate and complex area combining nutrition, microbiology, immunology and physiology, has a key role to play. When gut health is compromised, digestion and nutrient absorption are affected which, in turn,...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Fabio Nunes
1 de junio de 2015
Dear Dr. Bailey, Thanks for sharing this fantastic, didactic article. Fabio
Recommend
Pmggopal
2 de junio de 2015
Thank you sir
Recommend
Arthur R. Kamenya
4 de junio de 2015
Thanks so much for the in-depth submission. I would like to know about the role and effect of in-feed antimicrobials on gut microbiota balance.
Recommend
Surender Reddy
4 de junio de 2015
It is an excellent article, every poultry farmer should go through to learn the gut health management which is the most important for profitable poultry business...
Recommend
Atef Abou Zead
11 de junio de 2015
Thanks,excellent article
Recommend
sunarso
12 de junio de 2015
Thanks, so much. I hav question, how many percent that microbiota can improve performance, especially for weight gain?
Recommend
Dr Ajeet Kumar Gupta
Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd.
15 de junio de 2015
Nice very important and informative article . Thanks for sharing knowledge.
Recommend
Emmanuel Nwaotule
16 de junio de 2015
Many thanks for this educative article/ publication. Please, i wish to ask that what would be the influence on gut health if antibiotics are introduce while using probiotics on both layers and broilers in the face of an infection ?
Recommend
Md. Zahid Hossain
18 de junio de 2015
thanks for nice and informative article.
Recommend
Abiola Elijah Emiola
19 de julio de 2015
Please help out. I want collect baby chick and I want to surve water and feed before chick arrive, it's good
Recommend
Emmanuel Nwaotule
22 de julio de 2015
My experience tells me that before the arrival of day old chicks vitaminated water and glucose should be served first for about an hour before serving chick mash. This would allow the chicks to rest well before feeding. This would also ensure uniform growth in the flock as feeding resumes nearly at the same time within the flock.
Recommend
Dr-Muhammad Ali Tagar
18 de octubre de 2015
Excellent article. Also most important one.
Recommend
Dr-Muhammad Ali Tagar
18 de octubre de 2015
Gut health can be maintained by introducing probiotics/organic acids on very first days, until the production of natural probiotics on next week.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.