Vaccination Programs for Chickens

Forum: Vaccination in Poultry

Published on: 05/23/2012
Author/s : Dr. Madeha Untoo and Prof. (Dr.) M.Tufail Banday (Sher-e Kashmir University of Agricultural Science and Technology of Kashmir, Shuhama, Alusteng (J&K)
Introduction Disease prevention through vaccination is one of the aspects of bio-security. Disease causing organisms can be classified as smallest to largest - viruses, mycoplasma, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and parasites. All these organisms are susceptible to chemotherapy, except viruses. Bacterial infections are controlled through antibiotics but not much medication is available to fight viral ...
remove_red_eye 50211 forum 40 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
sunil cornelio sunil cornelio
Student
February 3, 2014
I am interested to know the vaccine for e-coli, How many deaths occur world wide by ecoli
Armand Borbe Armand Borbe
Poultry farmer
March 11, 2014

I need your advice regarding killed vaccines (eg, for infectious coryza and triple vaccines for NB+EDS+IB or quadruple vaccines for ND+IB+EDS+IC2).

Question Number 1: Considering that a bottle is too much for a backyard raiser like me with less than a thousand birds, Is it possible that we keep the remaining vaccine after the first use in a ref and use it after 4-6 months later?

Question Number 2: For vaccines with EDS, is it possible to give such vaccine not only to pullets about to lay but also to those identified as females at 1.5 months old?

Is there anyone here who has tried this already?

Thanks in advance

Nadim Amarin Nadim Amarin
Technical and Marketing manager - META Area - United Animal Health
April 3, 2014

Dear Armand, 

It is better to use the entire vaccine in the same day to avoid contamination with external pathogens like Fungi or other bacteria, so you can organize the vaccination with your neigbours.

Regarding vaccinating females for EDS yes, you can.

Best Regards,
Nadim

Mangesh Shirke Mangesh Shirke
Master in Veterinary science - Microbiology
April 4, 2014
Dear Borbe, It is advisable to use all vaccine open at a time within specified period ( Recommended by Manufacturer ). But technically speaking if handled ascetically to avoid the contamination with external pathogens like Bacteria, fungi , molds. But in fied condition it is practically Impossible to have that much care. so it is always not recommended to Keep it after opening the Bottles.
Lebogang Kedikilwe Lebogang Kedikilwe
Poultry farmer
September 16, 2014
what impact can live vaccines exposed to out-of-range temperatures ( slightly high) have on broilers?, and is it ok to use the vaccines
ikuobase esewi ikuobase esewi
Student
October 16, 2014
Please can I give lasota vaccine if ?? chickens. ?¯_???°e_????
sick
dotore dotore
Veterinary Doctor
February 13, 2015
Please I need a information. Have you used in your farms a combined vaccine Ib491+Ib Ma5+Clone 30 in the same time (age10-14 days) via ocular administration. It is OK or not? And why? Via aerosol there are no problems. Thanks.
March 26, 2015
Can i vaccine my broiler birds for IBD while. they are been treated with an antibiotic (sulphur based )
September 20, 2015
Laryngotracheitis>> My chickens has Infectious Laryngotracheitis. Where can I purchase the vaccine for my chickens?
December 3, 2015
Can I give Lasota vaccine and administer antibiotics
January 1, 2016
Please i need a reply urgently.
My birds are just 5 days old and i bought lasota yesterday to administer to them in two days time. Pieces of ice block was use to package it for me at the shop, and on getting home, i kept it under the freezer with the ice. And now, it is frozen. Please can i still use it? How do i know if the vaccine is not dead yet?
Thanks in anticipation. - Founder Jeff.
April 1, 2016
We just administered e coli vaccine to our grower birds. How long would it take before we use antibiotic on the birds?
December 3, 2019
Thomas Adisa stop medication two days before and 10 days after the vaccine
Yaki Yaki
Student
May 4, 2016
Hello, are there any companies that provides vaccines for farmers in the US? or are we the farmers needs to do it ourselves?
July 17, 2016
Yes one can give antibiotics after lasota if necessary
December 9, 2016
learning a lot from Kenya. Great info on vaccinations
May 13, 2017

I want to know about broiler breeder vaccination program.

June 27, 2018

Often times I go the extra miles to achieved my aims and desire. I do all my vaccinations especially Lasota and IBD intraocular. The result has been wonderful, so try it and convince yourself. I have 3000 pullet chicks. I have only lost 4 and they are 6 weeks old now.

October 26, 2020
My Broilers have swollen necks and are having difficulties breathing also watery eyes and poop, i don't have an idea what can be wrong, some died already
February 14, 2021
Vaccination in poultry as being tremendous challenge in the poultry industry
print
(50211)
(40)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Copyright © 1999-2021 Engormix - All Rights Reserved