Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Egg Bound Syndrome

Egg Bound Syndrome

Published: March 10, 2011
Summary
Egg binding occurs when the egg does not pass through the reproductive system at a normal rate. Egg bound occurs when there is difficulty in laying an egg because of an inflammation of the oviduct or partial paralysis of the muscles of the oviduct and production of a very large egg that can not be laid physically. This is common, and often preventable, problems in broiler breeders and not exposed...
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr. Suresh Nipane
Suman Hatchery Ltd.
Recommend
Comment
Waseem Alshible
10 de marzo de 2011

Dear Dr Nipane
Thank you for your article about Egg Bound Syndrome, and photos.

Recommend
Yemi Fredrick
10 de marzo de 2011

HI,
Thanks so much for this wonderful information about Egg Bound Syndrome, though am hearing it for the first time but it realy educating.
i will be looking forward for more of it.Thanks.(yemi)

Recommend
Dr Anjay Agrawal
10 de marzo de 2011

Dear Dr Nipane

Nice educating article about Egg Bound Syndrome

Recommend
Dr. Sheikh Adil Hamid
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
10 de marzo de 2011

nice informative article about Egg Bound Syndrome...thanks authors>>>

Recommend
Dr. Rahul Hardas
10 de marzo de 2011

Thanks for such an informative article about Egg Bound Syndrome...

Recommend
Neethiraja
Suguna Group
11 de marzo de 2011

Dear Doctor,

Thanks for the article about Egg Bound Syndrome and clear photograph.

Regards,
A.Neethiraja

Recommend
Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
11 de marzo de 2011
Very good article supported with evident photographs. Ocasionally seen in flocks under heat stress & malnutrion in our region. Thanks for sharing article so that farmers could prevent this syndrome.
Recommend
Mohammad Hafeez
12 de marzo de 2011
Dear Dr Nipane and Dr Kumare Great article. I think a major cause could be Toxicity in the birds. It could occur due to uncontrolled toxicity ion layer ration specially through grains. You may study in this line also and update your findings. Once again thank you very much.
Recommend
Alloui Nadir
12 de marzo de 2011

Very good article, thanks

Recommend
Mandeep Singh Mann
13 de marzo de 2011
it is very informative.
Recommend
Naga Raja Kumari
14 de marzo de 2011
sir very informative article , it also gives information regarding importance of incorporation of levels of VIT D, Ca... in feeds. first time i came to know regarding such type of syndrome. presentation with photos is good thank you sir.
Recommend
Dr Wisal M.Khan
14 de marzo de 2011
Very intresting and informative article especially with the pictures , thanks for such informative article .
Recommend
Arshaq Ramzee
15 de marzo de 2011
During thirty years of my career in commercial poultry in Pakistan, egg bound is often a cause of death in normal flocks. This problem is very difficult to diagnose in large flocks, where you cannot observe individual birds. Most of the time, we learn that cause of the death is due to egg bound when we perform postmortem. If we would be able to locate and diagnose a bird with egg bound then treatment is only physical manipulation or surgical. To surgically correct the egg bound is impossible as cost of the procedure surpass value of bird. So the only option is to waste the bird so that bird must not suffer any more. This article has a good academic value, however, I think, its practical value for commercial poultry is not much but for scientist or geneticist dealing with development of GP or GGP flocks, this article has some practical value.
Recommend
Dr Wisal M.Khan
15 de marzo de 2011
The importance of this disease is high in case for selecting the PURE LINE nad then from ownwards GGP/ GP i fully agreed for it with Dr A. Ramzee coments like for the This article has a good academic value, however, I think, its practical value for commercial poultry is not much but for scientist or geneticist dealing with development of GP or GGP flocks, this article has some practical value. . Yes it will at least give /share some knowledge and thanks for that so much informations and taking time for snaps .
Recommend
Nitin  Suryavanshi
25 de marzo de 2011
good informative article. the value of it lies its implication on field and in my farming practices sudden egg bound syndrome cases have occured when farming parameters were good.,just for a instance in couple birds rather than whole flock.this is to be investigated
Recommend
Ruhul Amin Mondol
Nourish Poultry and Hatchery Ltd
26 de marzo de 2011
Thanks for your nice presentation.
Recommend
Dibesh Thapa
29 de marzo de 2011
many many thanks to Dr. Suresh Nipane.I Like this articles help me to with agents this case. It also help me treat Nepal poultry framers case . many many thanks Dr.
Recommend
DR. Md.Ashiqur Rahman.
29 de noviembre de 2011
Really this article has enhanced my cognition. Thanking you.
Recommend
Jam Abdul Aziz
7 de diciembre de 2012

Many thanks to the author. Great work and applied knowledge for all but I would like to say that feed phosphorus sources have too much variation plus, supplier are making profit by providing less phosphorus content .

Recommend
Michael Muzhandu
14 de febrero de 2013

Quite brief and informative. Is there a specific region within the reproductive tract of the hen where egg binding commonly occurs and what are anatomical predisposing factor(s)?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.