Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Early Nutrition Programming (in ovo and Post-hatch Feeding) as a Strategy to Modulate Gut Health of Poultry

Published: August 24, 2020
Summary
INTRODUCTION Poultry production has increased at a faster rate than any other livestock animal globally. Among others, the nutritionally balanced-feeding program along with antibiotic growth promoters (AGP) in poultry diets played a significant role in achieving this success. However, the poultry industry is under pressure to redefine its nutrition program to grow safe and quality meat in th...
Related topics:
Authors:
Rajesh Jha
University of Hawai
Julio Diaz Berrocoso
FARM Faes
Birendra Mishra
Recommend
Comment
Sushil Chandra
18 de octubre de 2020

A good article
I am here for practical approach
1 Brooder house and brooder lights/heating system must be kept ON 12 hrs before arrival of chicks
2 Add probiotic, B complex and Vit A in water 12 hrs before arrival of chicks so that first water to chicks is lukewarm
3 Grounded maize to be given for first 24 hrs before introducing pre starter
4 Brooder temo must be maintained at 95 degree F during first week
5 Proper ventilation is a must with strict biosecurity
Level of Lysine, methionine, avl P must be kept as standard
Regards

Recommend
Dr Fawad khalil
3 de noviembre de 2020

Hello Dr. Sushil Chandra;
I appreciate your knowledge sharing and I totally agree with you regarding the role of probiotics during early ages in poultry. Can you guide us about the role of Lysine and Methionine in poultry individually?
Dr. Fawad Khalil
DVM, Mphil

Recommend
Oprea Petru
17 de noviembre de 2020
a very good article. Feeding in ovo has a very interesting perspective
Recommend
Narcisse rukundo
30 de noviembre de 2020
Good nutrition of chicken it is Importants in bodies to improving a good health in animals
Recommend
Hosna hajati
14 de diciembre de 2020
In ovo feeding is a very good idea specially for the weak embryos. I have worked on broilers and quails embryos many times and the results were promising.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.