Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) – An Effective and Available Livestock and Poultry Feed Ingredient

Published: May 7, 2018
Summary
After fermentation, ethanol is separated by distillation while the water and non-fermentable materials (known as whole stillage) are decanted or centrifuged which results in wet cake (e.g., removed suspended solids) and soluble solid-laden water (i.e., thin stillage). Evaporation of the thin stillage produces condensed distillers solubles (known as CDS) which can then mixed into the wet cake, and...
Related topics:
Authors:
Kurt A. Rosentrater
Iowa State University
Recommend
Comment
Sidney Perez Juaneza
8 de mayo de 2018

Yes, Can I know more about this product?

Recommend
Muhammad Qayyoom
8 de mayo de 2018
Sidney Perez Juaneza which type of information?
Recommend
Muhammad Qayyoom
8 de mayo de 2018

In Pakistan more than 7% in concentrate creates the intake problem.
Experts, please, am I right?

Recommend
mohammad aslam
9 de mayo de 2018
Muhammad Qayyoom i have a good experience of Corn DDGs using upto 10% in dairy Cattle Rations, and i observed it enhanced the feed intake in Ruminants.
Recommend
mohammad aslam
9 de mayo de 2018
Muhammad Qayyoom may be some other reasons you faced in feed intake while using DDGs, the simple way is to observe and smell the aroma of feed as it feels very good while using DDGs.
Recommend
Dr. Gopal Barapatre
Boviso Animal Health Limited
9 de mayo de 2018
Muhammad Qayyoom ji actually some of my farmer friends gives their feedback on this type of feed substance so I am just asking
Recommend
Muhammad Qayyoom
9 de mayo de 2018
mohammad aslam thanks sir
Recommend
Dr. Gopal Barapatre
Boviso Animal Health Limited
9 de mayo de 2018
I want to ask you a question about this product, can it be used for long term? and when using for long term either it is cause of any ill effect or not? As nutritive value seems to be good.
Recommend
Muhammad Qayyoom
9 de mayo de 2018
Dr. Gopal Barapatre sir aflatoxin level in very advers condition is below than 5 ppb.and there are very minute residual effect of distillation. So how can Ddgs cause ill problem.
Recommend
Muhammad Qayyoom
9 de mayo de 2018

mohammad aslam what about the maximum inclusion percentage in concentrate feed?

Recommend
mohammad aslam
9 de mayo de 2018
In Ruminant Rations it has promising Results especially intake is very good cause i observed aroma like cookies in feed and it appreciate in voluntary feed intake in Large animals.
Recommend
Humg Yu Hsiao
10 de mayo de 2018
One of the variable in using DDGS for monogastric animals is the presence of residual yeast and its breakdown products. There are quite variations in both quantity presented in DDGS and the degree of disintegration of residual yeasts. These two factors create protein digestibility issues (protein in intact yeast vs. released yeast protein). Moreover, major yeast cell wall components (mannan and beta-1,3-glucans) have been identified as PAMP which can induce innate immune response. A recent publication using mice as model demonstrated that a continuous feeding beta-1,3-glucans could induce a very negative proinflammatory response under the conditions of intestinal leakage. On the other hand, it can help if GI tract is infected with fungi. So, it is very complex picture when yest breakdown products are presented. There may need more works to quantify the amount and the degree of disintegration of residual yeast in DDGS. This is particularly important for its application in young animal which has a higher frequency of incidence of intestinal leakage.
Recommend
Dr Ravi Kant Yadav
21 de mayo de 2018

In dairy cattle, feeding of DWG is very economical but I have observed that farmers complain about increased level of M1 in the milk after feeding DWG. This mainly due to keeping the stock of DWG for more than 3 days in Punjab(India). Any suggestion from your side to minimize this problem?

Recommend
Ezzat Mohamed Refai
Alrefai Co
3 de noviembre de 2018

I want to ask about use DDGS in broiler and what the best dose to add. The second point: what is the effect of mycotoxins on birds and how to solve it?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.