Blood Meal- The cost saving and best performing ingredient for commercial broiler diets

Published on: 02/16/2016
Author/s : Dr. Jaydip Mulik ( M.V.Sc.DCT.MBA)

Common names Blood meal, blood flour, fresh blood [English], farine de sang, sang frais [French], harina de sangre [Spanish]  Description Blood can be collected during the slaughter of various livestock species (cattle, pigs, chickens, etc.) under a wide range of conditions. It is usually dried and made into blood meal so that it can be handled and incorporated into rations more easil...

remove_red_eye 14882 forum 16 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Shiloh Spradlin Shiloh Spradlin
Student
February 16, 2016
how much blood meal would you feed to 75 chicks per day
Hossien Mohammadzadeh Hossien Mohammadzadeh
Animal Nutritionist
May 19, 2016
blood meal have high amount of Leucine and Isoleucin its is low so it results unbalance in the level of branch chain amino acids
wawa sani wawa sani
Agriculturist
September 9, 2016
Is it good to feed fishes with blood meal only without mixing it with any ingredient?
Mohamed haroon Mohamed haroon
Student
October 4, 2016
What is the measurement of blood meal for 1000 fishes?
October 29, 2016
Can one feed the fish with blood meal without other ingredients and what's is the measurement?
May 1, 2018
what quantity of blood meal will need for 1000 laying hen
May 4, 2018
It look like something copied from feed pedi
Bob Bob
June 8, 2018
Hi evening, just new in the cat firming,just want to try this meal my fishes are up to 1,300 so kindly tell me how to use it already cooked
June 28, 2018

I want to use blood meal for poultry give me detail about formulation, please.

July 1, 2018

So as advised, it should be ensured that blood meal from a species is not used for the same species. Its quite interesting and thought provoking to know it is for safety reasons.

July 19, 2018

I'm always scared of using blood meal because the pollution rate is high, you need an excess of water if you're going to use blood meal. I'm sticking to my local dried fish, poultry meal and fish meal.

Simon Onuh Simon Onuh
Student
November 17, 2018
A fantastic write-up. However, the authors cited are not reflected in the references for purposes of verification.
April 22, 2019
Thank you for accepting me
May 13, 2019

I am researching on it for further study, so I need those references cited in this work.

August 21, 2019
Thanks for accepting me.
I own a catfish farm and also vegetable farm.

PLS, what else can I add to the blood meal to make it richer.

Secondly, when can I start feeding my catfish with blood meal. . How early..
Thanks
September 13, 2019
Thank for investigation of blood Meals
print
(14882)
(16)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Blood Meal- The cost saving and best performing ingredient for commercial broiler diets?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Frederic Hoerr
Frederic Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Strasburg, Virginia, Estados Unidos de América

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved