Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Dietary supplementation of late pregnancy diet with yeast derivatives can influence the colostrum yield, colostrum composition and gut performances of sow

Published: August 8, 2018
Summary
INTRODUCTION Yeast derivatives (YD) are widely used in animal nutrition as natural additives. YD contain glucomannoproteins, betaglucans and nucleotides complex derived by acid hydrolysis of the cell wall of yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae. YD can bind and inhibit pathogen bacteria like Salmonella Spp, Clostridium Spp and E. Coli, therefore promoting growth of beneficial gut bacteria. YD have ...
Related topics
Authors:
Shah Hasan
Hankkija
Olli Peltoniemi
Influencers who recommended :
Oscar Huerta
Recommend
Comment
David Hoo
Tri Dinamika Nusantara
14 de agosto de 2018
Is mos in this category?
Recommend
Shah Hasan
Hankkija
16 de agosto de 2018

Hello David Hoo, it contains MOS, but certainly not a MOS product. Rather combination. You can visit our website for the product details.

Recommend
Dominique Lubi
14 de agosto de 2018
What type of yeast derivative is Progut?
Recommend
Shah Hasan
Hankkija
16 de agosto de 2018
Hello, Dominique Lubi it's Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Here's the link for the full article, it's open access. Please let know if you are further interested. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0197586
Recommend
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
24 de marzo de 2019
Hello Hasan, consistent results. I would like to add that the positive change in the microbiota of the matrices, can also also result in benefit in the microbiota of the piglets. This possible change contributes to the health and, consequently, the development of the piglets, improving the weight of litter at weaning.
Recommend
Albanno Pinheiro
4 de julio de 2019

Juarez Donzele great comments! If by trying to add germinative strains to the feed of sows at pre farrowing stage. Not spuruled.

Recommend
Vargas Alejandro
UNAM - Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
5 de abril de 2019

Sorry, but I think we must consider the molecules, products, by-products generated by microbioma before indicate any benefic effect in performance in piglets or sows. The food animal industry must get an alliance with other scientist who are studing DNA or micro-arrays to offer a conclusion about any supplementation.

Recommend
Oscar Huerta
26 de junio de 2019

The work seemed interesting to me from all angles, but zootechnical and health highlight more because of the increase in the volume of production of colostrum and IgG, which would give us heavier and healthy piglets.

Recommend
david lim
27 de septiembre de 2019

Is soy sauce cake, i.e. by-product of Kikkoman sauce contain also consider as yeast derivatives? Please comment. Thanks.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.