Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Zeelim dairy farm in the south Israel succeeds "beating the summer"

Published: September 3, 2020
Summary
Zeelim dairy farm is located in the south of Israel and characterized by desert conditions and low rainfall in winter (100-150 mm/year) November–March. In the last years, recycled water from the big Tel Aviv metropolitan area reached the region by pipelines where fields are cultivated by crops and orchards. This changed dramatically Zeelim climate to much more humid nights and increased ge...
Related topics
Authors:
Israel Flamenbaum
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Lorenzo Quesnel
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Lorenzo Quesnel
Perry Brook Dairy Farm
3 de septiembre de 2020
Sir Isreal, do cooling pads on fans have a place on holding pens on a positive pressureized ventilation system?
Israel Flamenbaum
4 de septiembre de 2020

Lorenzo Quesnel Hello Lorenzo
We don't find it useful to install cooling pads in holding pen as cows are usually crowded there and this type of cooling is not effective in this site.

Lorenzo Quesnel
Perry Brook Dairy Farm
4 de septiembre de 2020
Israel Flamenbaum Do I understand the humidity in the holding pen is too high to evaporative cool the air? If the air was drawn through a water-cooled heat exchanger before being discharged to the cow tubs, could that change the efficacy of a cooling pad installed on the female side of the 52" fans?
Israel Flamenbaum
5 de septiembre de 2020
Lorenzo Quesnel Lorenzo, this is a tecnical specific problem, so please contact me through e mail and let me know more about you and your farm
Sohail Bajwa
5 de septiembre de 2020
Lorenzo Quesnel have you checked the THI ? air speed ? You should know that Milking parlour is one of the most sensitive and neglected are when it comes to heat stress.
Israel Flamenbaum
6 de septiembre de 2020

Sohail Bajwa all you mentioned is well known to us.

Lorenzo Quesnel
Perry Brook Dairy Farm
6 de septiembre de 2020
Sohail Bajwa , how do I calculate the wind speed of 300,00 CFM’s of positive pressure fan intake south end and 300,000 CFM’s negative pressure fans discharging north end of an enclosed holding area/parlor building 140’L x 34’W x 12’ H? This double 12 herringbone parlor/holding area is a cube of the before mentioned dimensions. Capacity is 135 cows total.
Lorenzo Quesnel
Perry Brook Dairy Farm
4 de septiembre de 2020
Do you have a way for me to text or email a sketch of our parlor/holding pen to you? I I would like to share actual with purposed comments with you for further reccomdations.
Israel Flamenbaum
5 de septiembre de 2020
Lorenzo Quesnel my e mail adress is - israflam@inter.net.il
AmanyaTom
26 de octubre de 2021
Israel Flamenbaum Sir I would to know about AI solution's
Camilo Suero
16 de septiembre de 2020
Dr. Flamenbaum, ¿how do you manage subclinical mastitis?
Dr. M.N.balakrishnan Nair
16 de septiembre de 2020
Dear Dr Flamenbaum Well we also have cattle in desert and semi arid regions mostly we have the local breed which can withstand the harsh climate however e have combination to keep them healthy in averse conditions You can write to me nair.mnb@tdu.edu.in +916360204672
Israel Flamenbaum
17 de septiembre de 2020
Dr Nair you can contact me if you wish through - israflam@inter.net.il
masoud boroumand jazi
31 de octubre de 2020
Hi you are very good in cooling system. be successful.
Francis
21 de febrero de 2022
Great Job, Do you have a farm in Kenya, can all this be done in a 2Acres Land size.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister