Buffalo in India

Forum: Breeds of cattle and buffalo in India

Published on: 11/20/2012
Author/s : Dr. Henna Hamadani, Dr. Azmat Alam Khan, Dr. M.Tufail Banday and Ambreen Hamadani (Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology)
A breed is a group of related animals with similar characters like general appearance, size, features and configuration etc. Often, breeds resemble each other with slight morphological differences, but because of constant inbreeding in one locality, independent breeds have evolved. In general, the cattle from drier regions are well built and those from heavy rainfall areas, coastal and hilly regio...
remove_red_eye 71266 forum 18 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Dr. N.r.sarker Dr. N.r.sarker
Animal Nutritionist
November 20, 2012
Very good concise information which help researchers, academician and others as reference materials.

Dr. N.R. Sarker
Bangladesh
Subodh Kumar Subodh Kumar
Agriculturist
November 20, 2012
This is an excellent compilation about cattle wealth of India .
To make it more authentic it is requested that references may also be provided for the basis on which this data has been sourced..
November 20, 2012
This is an excellent article giving information on breeds of India with nice clear photographs.The writers deserve congrats for this effort which will be helpful for all who want to know about Indian breeds.
Fresh efforts should be made by all concerned to encourage the breeding of these breeds

Dr.Sudhakar Chousalkar
Dr Muhammad Ramzan Dr Muhammad Ramzan
DVM. M. Phil
November 22, 2012

A good article with reasonable good details. applauded. Please correct data regarding breedable animals in indiginous cattle.

Megz Dawn Megz Dawn
Consultant
May 22, 2013

i've read in an old article that before in the Philippines, it import cows. i'm not just so sure from what country they imported cows but it was either from Australia or New Zealand. i guess it was intended to acquired cows from those two countries as they have a high breed type of cows.

where to buy sound cloud followers

Dr. Saad Alhayani Dr. Saad Alhayani
Dairy producer
June 21, 2014
I would like to more about indian buffaloes and why the Italian breeders are producing better milk production per head and most buffloes they have are originary Murrah
asif ahmad asif ahmad
Businessman
October 23, 2014
can u pleaseget me few more pics of buffalo
Dairy producer
October 23, 2014
hi,i am really very much interested in buffalo .I would like to have more information about Indian buffaloes since i have a buffalo dairy farm in Egypt
anil patel anil patel
Dairy producer
December 31, 2014
hi im planning to arrange dairy farm in my area i would to like know more about buffaloes and their production

if any one can help me please feel free to contact me anil.kings50@gmail.com

i want to buy buffaloas
January 16, 2015
Sir i want start buffalo (dairy) bussiness so plz give me suggition about how to buy the best buffalo & how much have to invest to start bisuness with 10 buffalos my native is west godavari (AndhraPradesh) i want start my bisuness in my hime town so plz give me ur valuble sugesstion.
Thanking u sir
Satish ..
Dairy producer
January 17, 2015
Hi in order to give correct advice i need to know many parameter like:
1.price of pregnant buffalo heifer
2 . price of milking buffalo and the season of milking
3 . price of the raw milk (farm gate price )and if there is different price for the milk if it is hand milking or machine milking and if it is warm milk or cold milk
4.the price of feed raw materials and there availability
5.Average cost for man power building energy and all other parameters involved in the cost of this operation
6.Do you have any experience in buffalo dairy operation
7.what it is the average milk production for the milking buffaloes 1st 2nd 3rd and successive season
8. Any other information available
From my side i will with pleasure send a complete study for your project as soon as I get the whole information
Good luck
January 22, 2015
Sir / madam plz tell me tha contact no of holesaler dealear of the cow and beffelows i want to open a dariy faram ....and also tell me which breed is best for bisuness perpouss
Priyanshushukla58@gmail.com
Cliff Bard Cliff Bard
Account Executive
February 10, 2015
How much does it cost to purchase a water buffalo for milk for an orphanage in India?
May 31, 2015
Hello sir I m iqbal from lucknow u.p. sir I want start dairy for milk in lucknow. PLES SIR SUGGEST ME WHICH TYPE BUFFALO SUCCESS IN DAIRY FARM.
May 31, 2015
Yes
June 26, 2018

Which types of breeds are useful for milk production in South India and which types of breeds are more effective for more milk production in South India?

Eduardo Espinoza Eduardo Espinoza
Veterinary Doctor
March 19, 2020

Congratulations, a good information source about breeds. Could you give us more about trends and investigation on genetic-selection improvement efforts?

Jorge Espinoza
Guatemala

Dr. N.r.sarker Dr. N.r.sarker
Animal Nutritionist
March 21, 2020
very good article on information in livestock breeds
print
(71266)
(18)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Nutrition and Management Consultant
  Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
Professional Services
Jasmer Singh Jasmer Singh
Rocklin, California, United States
Dr. Christian Rippe DVM Dr. Christian Rippe DVM
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
Dr. Steve Blezinger Dr. Steve Blezinger
Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
Sukanto Bhowmik Sukanto Bhowmik